The restaurant chain formally known as BRAVO! Cucina Italiana offers patrons upscale, gourmet dining experiences out of dozens of locations across the country. Workers interested in part-time jobs as servers, hosts, or cooks may find plentiful options with the chain. Full-time positions also exist.
Facts About Working at BRAVO!
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at BRAVO?)
Available Positions: Host/Hostess, Waiter/Waitress, Prep/Line Cook, Dishwasher, Bartender, Kitchen Manager, Assistant Manager, Restaurant/General Manager, Sous Chef, Executive Chef
BRAVO! locations pride operations on exceptional service and overall dining experiences for patrons. Each restaurant fits dining rooms with decor representative of Tuscan villages. Soft mood lighting, pleasant background music, and bright, friendly staffs create warm and hospitable atmospheres patrons enjoy by the thousands annually. Job seekers often capitalize on the success of the restaurant chain, with regular opportunities for entry-level employment and professional careers available.
Some of the most common types of jobs available at BRAVO! restaurants include bartending, hosting, serving, and bussing positions. Entry-level work opportunities generally require no minimum stipulations on previous experience. However, the minimum hiring age may vary by position, as most states uphold different laws pertaining to the handling and sale of alcohol. The job duties for the average position require regular, face-to-face interaction with coworkers and guests. Many positions also involve mild-to-moderate physical exertion, as servers, bussers, and dishwashers regularly carry, bend, stoop, and lift to perform daily tasks. Opportunities in management often impose strict qualifications for employment, including but not limited to previous and related experience.
BRAVO! Employment Information and Pay Scales
Restaurants like BRAVO! regularly hire on workers as young as 16 to fill entry-level roles. However, job seekers interested in positions requiring the handling of alcohol or advanced applications of the culinary arts may need to stand at 18 or older for employment consideration. Most vacancies impose night, weekend, and holiday shifts, regardless of position or tenure. Jobs available include:
- The most accessible BRAVO! jobs include entry-level wait staff positions.
- Applicants lacking experience, in search of part-time roles, or seeking supplemental incomes with flexible scheduling options often enjoy working as servers.
- The team-oriented, customer-centric jobs feature minimum wage starting pay, ongoing training, opportunities for tips, and fast-paced responsibilities.
- Wait staff take food and drink orders, top off beverages, highlight specials, and assist in bussing and food prep duties, as needed.
- Expedient, diligent, and friendly personalities outrank most other characteristics desired by hiring personnel.
- Workers should also possess open availability.
- Previous experience serving or in the restaurant industry may assist applicants, as well.
- In addition to large dining areas, most locations offer full, in-house bars stocked with diverse and assorted alcoholic beverages.
- The restaurant needs to hire competent, capable, and lively individuals to serve beverages and oversee bar operations.
- Bartender candidates must fall between 18 and 21 years of age at minimum for employment consideration, as state and local laws dictate the hiring requirements for the age-restricted occupation.
- While locations may not require applicants to hold bartender certifications, job seekers with the official title may gain added preference from hiring personnel.
- Additional qualities the chain looks for in bartenders include creative, knowledgeable, reliable, and trustworthy character traits.
- Much like servers, bartenders cater to patrons needs and prep orders.
- Completing transactions on computerized point-of-sales machines also represents a regular responsibility.
- Hourly wages for the position hover around $4.00, plus tips.
- Schedules often include part-time and full-time flexible options.
- BRAVO! dishwashers carry out elementary tasks throughout given shifts.
- Primary responsibilities include clearing, bussing, and wiping down tables.
- Dishwashers then clean dirty plates, utensils, and kitchenware using pressurized machine.
- The intensely hot water used to sanitize dishes may represent a health hazard applicants must remain aware of when applying and on the job.
- Motivated individuals with hard work ethics and extreme attention to detail make ideal fits for the role.
- Candidates should possess open availability and reliable transportation, as well.
- The average dishwasher earns minimum wage.
Tips For Applying
Submitting applications online or in-person represent the two best ways to declare candidacy for BRAVO! jobs. Workers should highlight any relevant or related experience in the fields provided to increase odds of employment. Personal interest and love of the restaurant chain also greatly improve chances of favorable review. Applicants should always note open availability and possess reliable means of transportation to and from work, as shifts may end abruptly or change last minute with frequency.
Regardless of method used to apply for available jobs, most applicants receive telephone calls as notification of possible interviews. Workers report correspondence beginning in as little as a few hours after submission of hiring forms for both entry-level jobs and professional career opportunities. Follow-up efforts may take place during any downtime to reinforce interests in joining existing restaurant teams. Visit in-person or place phone calls during historically slower hours, such as in between standard mealtimes, in order to avoid taking up too much time and bothering recruitment managers. Persistence frequently provides candidates added favor during the hiring process.
Benefits of Working at BRAVO! Cucina Italiana
In addition to paid training, career growth potential, and competitive base pay and salary options, restaurant chains like BRAVO! often provide sound employee benefits packages. Individuals in full-time roles regularly gain access to:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage, and
- Generous dining allowances.
The prominent Italian restaurant chain also offers life insurance options and discounted gym memberships to improve employee health. Part-time associates may qualify for job benefits packages; however, restrictions regarding grace periods often apply and vary by location.
Additional Information on BRAVO! Cucina Italiana
Corporate parent Bravo Brio Restaurant Group maintains headquarters in Columbus, OH, and oversees operations for the BRAVO! chain as well as sister chain Brio Tuscan Grille and Bon Vie, an upscale chain of Italian bistros. Collectively, the restaurant proprietor accounts for more than 9,500 employees and annual revenues upward of $450 million. Total locations between subsidiaries include more than 110 restaurants.