Bright Horizons Family Solutions ranks as the leading childcare provider in the world, with operations in over 750 locations across the globe. Employees enable families and children to thrive by embracing diversity and unique talents. A similar attitude toward workers fosters fun, friendly workplaces.
Facts About Working at Bright Horizons
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Bright Horizons?)
Available Positions: Child Care Provider, Maintenance, Activities Assistant, Associate Teachers, Teachers, Directors/Principals, Regional Managers, Business Manager/Customer Service Associate, Child care centers job, Back-up centers job, Montessori schools job, Elementary schools for kindergarten through sixth grade job, Summer camp programs, College coach
Bright Horizons Job Opportunities
Teachers and administrators educate young children in fun, enriching environments while ensuring students remain happy, safe, and well cared for. Additionally, Bright Horizons provides workplace services and consulting to improve work/life balance for employees and increase productivity at over 900 leading employers in nearly every industry. Associates follow the company values of honesty, excellence, accountability, respect, and teamwork, or HEART. Applicants able to demonstrate the values during the hiring process often receive preferential treatment from recruitment staff.
The company celebrates the diverse abilities of young children and families and embraces the unique qualities of associates, as well. Workers demonstrate humor, sense of responsibility, passion, and dedication to high performance. Bright Horizons creates workplaces where employees combine individual talents and company values to fulfill challenging and meaningful careers while leading satisfying lives. Endless opportunities for personal and professional growth exist for hardworking, talented associates, including paid training, ongoing development programs, and opportunities for lucrative pay increases.
Bright Horizons Careers and Salary Options
Under caring guidance, infants, toddlers and pre-school aged children explore the world through safe, engaging activities created by staff. Bright Horizons associates inspire curiosity in young children and see to the health and safety of students. Individuals looking to make meaningful contributions to families and children may find jobs in the following roles:
Assistant Infant Teacher
- Infant teachers must enjoy working with young children every day.
- Associates work alongside teams of childcare professionals to enrich the lives of infants and families by creating quality developmental programs.
- Passionate employees support infants in unique, innovative environments which inspire growth and curiosity.
- Full-time assistant teachers generally earn about $12.00 an hour.
- Candidates must hold high school diplomas or GEDs and must possess or work towards bachelor’s or associate’s degrees in childcare and education.
- Prospective workers must stand at least 18 years of age, or 16 years of age if part of work-study programs, and must meet all state education requirements.
- Preschool remains an important part of childhood development, and Bright Horizons hires qualified teachers to prepare children with the knowledge and experience necessary for entering kindergarten.
- Associates support families by caring for children while parents work during the day.
- Teachers work together to create engaging curricula designed to inspire young children.
- Pay rates for the position usually range from $14.00 to $15.00 an hour.
- Employees use the skills learned from earning associate’s or bachelor’s degrees in early childhood education and at least a year of professional teaching experience.
- Candidates must exhibit the company values of honesty, excellence, accountability, respect, and teamwork at all times.
Tips For Applying
Candidates may apply online to begin the hiring process. The online application form requires individuals to create profiles which store personal information and allow applicants to upload resumes and cover letters. Prospective workers must meet all job requirements and demonstrate adherence to HEART values. Most states require criminal background checks in order to work around children.
Individuals who apply online may hear back from hiring managers through email or phone calls, or may check application statuses via online profiles. Companies do not always reply to ineligible candidates, so placing calls to inquire about the statuses of applications may prove necessary. Applicants may wait anywhere from one day to several weeks before receiving invitations to proceed with the interview process.
Job Benefits at Bright Horizons
Bright Horizons offers extraordinary work benefits packages to eligible full-time employees, including:
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage with medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Fitness center access
- Cell phone discounts, and paid vacation
Additional job benefits include numerous options to advance professional careers, friendly staff, and fun work environments. Eligibility requirements usually hinge on part-time or full-time employment status.
Additional Details about Bright Horizons
The internationally renowned childcare center knows how to throw a party. Bright Horizons offers birthday party services, which encompass every aspect of planning, invitations, decorations, hosting, food, activities, and providing birthday cake. Birthday boys and girls may choose from several party themes, such as not-so-mad scientists, silly symphony, artistic license, puppet parade, royal tea, and once upon a time. Each theme includes engaging, age-appropriate activities and specialized decorations.