American clothier Brooks Brothers maintains a strong business presence in the fashion retail industry, with over 200 stores throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The chain hires new workers continuously. Both full-time and part-time job opportunities prove available.
Facts About Working at Brooks Brothers
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Brooks Brothers?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Customer Contact Representative, Communications Specialist, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Database Administrator, Trim Assistant, Graphic Design Specialist, Accountant, Marketing Specialist, Production Associate, Fabric Specialist, Cost Accounting Representative, Mechanical Supervisor, Merchandise Manager, Menswear Designer
Brooks Brothers Employment Opportunities
Fashion-conscious job seekers find unique employment prospects when applying with the retail chain. Founded in 1818, Brooks Brothers stands as the oldest clothing retailer in the United States. The rich history and iconic brand presence the company enjoys leads to consistent growth and expansion within a high-class niche market. Qualified applicants interested in upscale fashion trends may obtain jobs with the clothier featuring attractive career benefits, industry-competitive salary options, and customer service-driven work environments.
First and foremost among duties, entry-level Brooks Brothers employees provide customer service. Successful workers drive sales through upselling products and help patrons find satisfying items, which increases the likelihood of creating return customers. Employees often aid customers through each step of the purchase process, from greeting guests upon entry, directing guests to the correct shelving, providing insight on potential purchases, and ringing up guest purchases at the point of sales. In addition to working with customers, associates must monitor for theft, clean as needed, and keep displays and signage presentable and orderly. Applicants with previous sales or customer service backgrounds, particularly related to fashion retail, often stand as first choices for hiring managers.
Brooks Brothers Jobs and Salary Options
Entry-level applicants and career-driven professionals alike may find job opportunities with the clothier. Candidates typically must stand at least 18 years of age to obtain meaningful employment with Brooks Brothers. The chain hires workers for full-time, part-time, and seasonal labor. Jobs consistently available with the fashion retailer include:
- Typically earning between $10.00 and $13.00 per hour, sales associates directly aid customers and perform essential service and upkeep functions in store locations.
- Employees maintain up-to-date knowledge of available products and sales in stores, as patrons regularly ask sales associates for assistance in locating specific items and making purchase decisions.
- Stocking shelves and maintaining area cleanliness also prove common job duties for sales associates.
- In addition to providing insight on products, workers handle cashier duties such as scanning items, properly removing anti-theft devices, accepting cash and providing change, swiping bank cards, and issuing receipts.
- Associates at the register may stand responsible for upselling current promotions, as well.
Assistant Store Manager
- Assistant managers uphold company policies and ensure maximum productivity from employees.
- Though the employees work under the direction of store managers, assistant managers largely maintain a great deal of authority.
- Responsibilities such as disciplining subordinates, counting safe drawers, approving large transactions, and helping frustrated or disgruntled patrons represent common ancillary tasks.
- Previous management experience strongly aids applicants for assistant store manager jobs.
- Annual salary options for Brooks Brothers assistant store managers hover around $50,000.
Tips For Applying
Show interest in fashion and knowledge of current trends. Hiring managers onboard individuals able to uphold the Brooks Brothers reputation for quality and style. Though candidates sometimes obtain jobs with the retailer without previous experience, individuals with prior work history in the fashion retail industry often fare better during interviews. However, new aspirants to the workforce may make up for lack of experience by demonstrating work ethics, willingness to learn, and enthusiasm as well as describing volunteering and educational backgrounds. Job seekers may submit hiring forms online or in person.
After applying, whether through the company job platform online or by dropping off applications at stores, candidates typically hear back from staffing personnel within about two weeks. However, applicants may call or visit stores earlier to check the status of submitted hiring forms. In general, following up often greatly improves chances of hire. Show consideration of the time and work responsibilities of managers by waiting until traditionally slower business hours or at least breaks in sales rushes to speak with the staffing employees.
Benefits of Working at Brooks Brothers
Qualified Brooks Brothers employees enjoy numerous job benefits as additional compensation for labor. Financial incentives, such as:
- 401(k) retirement plans and performance bonuses
- Aid employees in saving for the future
Health insurance coverage options, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, often prove available, as well. Eligible associates also enjoy flexible hours, paid training, and employee discounts. Availability of work benefits may vary depending on full- or part-time status.
More Details on Brooks Brothers
Brooks Brothers encourages social responsibility with a strong interest in improving the lives of local communities as well as families and individuals worldwide. Since founding the non-profit organization The Golden Fleece Foundation in 2007, the clothier continues to support and promote fundraising initiatives whenever possible. The chain also participates in corporate giving. Recipients of generous donations from the company include 9/11 Memorial, The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, and Dignity UWear.