Originally a mere bakery in Troy, NY, Bruegger’s Bagels offers a broad menu selection. Founded by Nord Brue and Mike Dressel in 1983, customers enjoy casual and comfortable environments serving breakfast-centric menu items requiring staffs of all skillsets for available job opportunities.
Facts About Working at Bruegger's Bagels
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Brueggers Bagels?)
Available Positions: Customer Service Representative, Cashier, Counter Associate, Baker, Bagel Catcher, Board Cleaner, Mixer, Bagel Machine Operator, Shift Supervisor, Assistant Manager, General Manager, CDL Driver
Bruegger’s Bagels Employee Interview Videos
Bruegger’s Bagels Job Opportunities
Operating over 300 bakeries in 26 states, Bruegger’s Bagels embodies authentic bagel tradition using time-honored methods of renowned New York bagel bakeries. Utilizing only five simple ingredients, company bakeries produce fresh, high-quality products without preservatives. Individuals looking for work with the popular chain must possess attention to detail and focus on quality. Serving quantities of people on a national scale necessitates a steady need of employees. Job hopefuls upholding the company vision of providing simply made and wholesome products may readily find open positions.
Expansion and acquisition of similar cafes provides customers with ever-changing, dynamic menu options. Offering approximately 336 possible combinations of bagels and cream cheese spreads, the bagel chain frequents consumers of all flavor palates. Bruegger’s Bagels retains significant amounts of brand-loyal regulars, which imposes an increasing need for knowledgeable and personable staff. Job seekers desiring to depict the bright and delicious start in patron mornings may enjoy varying full-time and part-time bakery positions.
Bruegger’s Bagels Employment and Salary Information
Bruegger’s Bagels employs inspired individuals dedicated to creating the first smiles of the day for each customer. Maintaining the philosophy of supporting the community and the individuals within, the bakery chain provides great service and positive experiences reflected in customer service. Applicants seeking employment in personable environments may find the following full-time and part-time entry-level bakery crew positions highly desirable:
- Daily production of menu items remain the responsibility of bakers.
- Providing quality baked goods produced in small batches portray the most essential duties.
- Responsibilities specifically include checking production schedules to ensure output quantities, measuring and mixing ingredients pertaining to established recipes, using varieties of kitchen equipment, baking goods, and preparing ingredients for future operations.
- Experience with kitchen equipment and baking increases prospective applicant chances; however, Bruegger’s Bagels provides thorough training.
- Hourly wages for bakers generally span from $8.00 to $9.00 an hour and may significantly increase with experience at the company.
- Counter associates represent the face of the brand.
- The front-end workers provide quick and efficient service to customers, handle cash, and establish relationships with regulars.
- Other duties include cleaning, stocking, and operating machinery.
- Counter associates remain the final threshold between finished products and customers, which necessitates high importance in regards to special requests and accommodations.
- Applicants must possess superb communication skills, the ability to conduct basic math operations, and generally maintain good hygiene.
- Typically, pay rates for counter associates start at $8.00 hourly but may increase to $11.00 with tenure.
- Shift supervisors oversee front-end and back-end duties and guide employees to increase productivity.
- By streamlining day-to-day operations, shift supervisors maintain efficient outputs to meet the needs of customers in timely manners.
- Other duties include creating employee schedules, routine aid to entry-level workers during busy times, and resolving customer issues.
- Salary options for shift supervisors usually fall around $18,000 to $21,000 annually.
Tips For Applying
Establishing a rapport as a frequent customer prior to submitting hiring materials often benefits prospective workers, as the bakery chain regularly hires on new help via employee referral. Bruegger’s Bagels reviews physical applications in addition to online applications when considering entry-level help. Applicants should research product variations, display interest in serving the community, and exhibit the ability to maintain friendly atmospheres.
The interview process typically takes from a few days to a week. Applicants wishing to appear proactive may choose to follow up in subsequent weeks. Valuing friendly environments, Bruegger’s Bagels seeks only personable employees and demonstration of such personalities through follow-up methods, like phone calls or in-store visits, increases chances of progressing through the hiring process.
Benefits of Working for Bruegger’s Bagels
Within fun and friendly work environments, Bruegger’s Bagel employees enjoy comprehensive job benefits packages. Paid time off, significant employee discounts, and flexible schedules provide employees with family-like cultures.
Other work benefits may include:
- 401(k) retirement plans,
- Healthcare coverage,
- Paid vacation and medical insurance.
Furthermore, associates revel in other employment benefits, such as no late nights, unlimited room for growth, and establishing fruitful relationships with customers and coworkers alike.
Extra Information on Bruegger’s Bagels
Bruegger’s Bagels holds the Guinness World Record for producing the largest bagel in the world. The feat took place at a New York State Fair on August 7, 2004. 1,100 pounds of dough, 900 gallons of water, and 10 hours of baking time yielded a bagel weighing 868 pounds. Onlookers and food banks alike benefitted from the company donating the creation.