Marketed as an authentic Italian restaurant featuring family-style shared dining, Buca di Beppo operates as a subsidiary of Planet Hollywood. Started in the basement of a Minneapolis apartment building in 1993, interested applicants may find work with in over 100 locations nationwide.
Facts About Working at Buca Di Beppo
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Buca Di Beppo?)
Available Positions: Host, Hostess, Waiter, Waitress, Busser, Dish Washer, Line Cook, Prep Cook, Assistant Restaurant Manager, Restaurant Manager, Chef Partner, Service Supervisor
Buca di Beppo Job Opportunities
With a distinct flair for family and the Italian culture, Buca di Beppo share dishes from all over Italy with a dedicated focus on around-the-table eating at each meal. In order to provide the best-possible customer service, the restaurant chain regularly seeks friendly, dedicated, and motivated individuals to fill a variety of available positions in customer service. From the cooks preparing food to the serving staffs necessary to complete the experience, the company must onboard workers with continuity to meet demand. As such, applicants typically encounter little resistance in obtaining entry-level employment opportunities.
The specialty restaurant chain also offers varied work opportunities in both full- and part-time capacities, as the company offers the full menu in each restaurant, to go and curb-side amenities, and in catering services. Additionally, multiple locations offer delivery services, which increase the entry-level work options depending on the site. For more career-oriented individuals, Buca di Beppo offers a multitude of positions for enterprising restauranteurs, cooks, chefs, and managers. Such positions may incur more experience and perhaps further education or certifications to merit hiring consideration.
Buca di Beppo Positions and Salary Information
As the restaurant chain offers both alcoholic beverages and the necessity to work with extreme temperatures, applicants must stand at least 18 years of age and show proof of graduation from high school or possess GEDs. For other positions, employees must hold valid driver’s licenses and stand at least 21 years old. The most readily available positions for employment include:
- As delivery drivers, employees retain responsibility for transporting orders from restaurant locations to homes and businesses.
- Associates should display courteous dispositions and deliver food to customers in safe and timely manners.
- Delivery drivers must also assist in food preparation, presentation, cleaning, and proper sanitation.
- The driver must stand at least 21 years old, possess a valid driver’s license, and own a clean driving record.
- Working mostly part-time hours, a driver must show the ability to work well in a team environment and typically earns minimum wage at first, though the opportunity to earn more with gratuity commonly occurs.
- A family member may perform various duties while working a regular shift.
- Employees work as servers, hosts, line cooks, and dishwashers in order to meet company standards and deliver consistent customer satisfaction.
- Servers and hosts work part-time hours in the front-of-house seating guests, accurately taking orders, and bringing prepared food to the correct tables.
- In addition, hosts and servers should maintain accurate knowledge of menu items, specials, and current promotions.
- A family member in a wait-staff role tends to make server wages, though gratuity tends to raise hourly pay to $10.00 to $15.00 an hour with consistency.
- A host may earn around $9.00 per hour, while back-of-house employees may earn between $8.00 and $10.00 hourly.
Assistant General Manager
- Assigned the task of operating the restaurant in the absence of or in tandem with a general manager, the assistant general manager must also supervise subordinate employees while maintaining quality control.
- Unlike most entry-level jobs, prior experience leading others and working in the restaurant industry proves extremely beneficial during the hiring process.
- Entrusted with ensuring both company profitability and positive guest experiences, the assistant general manager must guarantee the highest of standards for food preparation and presentation, communicate clearly and effectively, and understand both the culinary arts and everyday kitchen management.
- An assistant general manager may earn yearly salary options near $50,000.
Tips For Applying
Buca di Beppo offers applicants a straightforward and relatively simple application process through a job portal on the company website. After searching for available positions, potentials fill out basic applications creating profiles the company keeps for up to 30 days. Applicants answer questions about availability, prior employment, and education. The option to upload a resume exists, as well. Before submitting, candidates should check for accuracy and ensure information reads current. The option to apply in person also remains for interested job seekers.
Depending on the position applied for, applicants may hear from restaurant management within one to two weeks. Most positions face high turnover rates and need filled with regularity. In order to show genuine interest in available positions, applicants may wish to visit hiring locations in person. In order to come across as professional and polite, job hopefuls should refrain from contacting hiring managers during traditionally busy business hours.
Benefits of Working at Buca di Beppo
The restaurant chain offers employees job benefits, typically designed to reflect employment status. Associates, regardless of position, enjoy flexible scheduling, industry-commensurate pay, and discounts on food and services. Employees may gain access to:
- Health benefits
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Vacation time, and
- Even pet insurance at participating locations.
Employee stock purchase plans and enrollment in company-wide 401(k) plans remain available, as well.
Additional Information about Buca di Beppo
Though a throwback to old fashioned Italian eateries, Buca di Beppo offers many modern amenities to inspire return visits and keep up with the fast-paced lifestyle of the diner of today. The restaurant offers online ordering, curbside to-go pick up, and delivery services. Additionally, the Italian establishment also offers catering services, room for large groups and banquet dining, and easily attainable gift cards for purchase. Restaurant-goers may also sign up for the eClub for special deals, free entrees upon sign up, and birthday gifts.