Known for selling distinctive denim lines, Buckle operates more than 450 stores within 43 states with help from dedicated, customer-oriented workers. The expanding company often seeks part-time and full-time employees to fill vacant positions.
Facts About Working at Buckle
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Buckle?)
Available Positions: Sales associate, management trainee, assistant manager, manager
Buckle Employee Interview Videos
Buckle Job Opportunities
Buckle prides past accomplishments on building personal and professional careers for employees. Members often prove enthusiastic about the work, products, and customers. Sales-driven mindsets often lead to job placement with the company, as most sales workers receive commission. The company requires employee involvement with all guests entering store locations in order to ensure business retention. Associates familiar with the fundamentals of fashion also appear most successful.
The company the mission statement labels guest satisfaction as top priority. However, Buckle also values employees by rewarding individuals with competitive wages, flexible schedules, and discounts on brand clothing and products. A variety of in-store positions exist for job seekers in addition to corporate-level jobs available to qualifying candidates. Interested persons may access the application process online using the company job portal or request a paper version in-person at the store of desired hire.
Buckle Positions and Salary Information
Locations in select states only require applicants stand 17 years old. However, a majority of stores request only potential hires 18 years and older apply for retail positions. Inexperienced workers may land jobs as sales teammates or freight coordinators. Skilled persons with sewing backgrounds may instead pursue seamstress positions. Workers attempting to advance retail careers may present prior experience and apply for a management position with the company. Hiring managers often seek to fill the following jobs:
- Building rapports with customers, driving sales, and operating in accordance to the company mission statement, sales teammates ensure the success of retail locations.
- The job requires employees perform duties using cash registers.
- Organizing merchandise displays, assisting customers, and cleaning facilities also serve as regular job duties.
- Candidates must also hold sales-driven work ethics.
- To gain full-time status, workers must provide availability for at least 35 hours every week.
- Part-time employees may only require 15 hours of work per week.
- Sales teammates may receive pay between $4.00 and $10.00 an hour in addition to commission.
- Directly supporting the store manager, assistant managers help to develop sales, recruit and educate team members, and utilize merchandising skills.
- Ideal candidates prove to work well as leaders, understand fashion, harness strong communication skills, and display desires to succeed.
- Previous supervisory experience may prove necessary for employment consideration.
- The position often requires employees work 42 to 45 hours per week.
- Assistant managers may receive salary pay between $30,000 and $40,000.
- Detail-oriented, organized workers often excel in freight coordinator positions.
- Daily duties may include unpacking shipments, shipping merchandise, and maintaining backrooms.
- Candidates must prove capable of lifting and stacking boxes, checking freight packaging slips for accuracy, and developing knowledge of Point of Scale software.
- Freight coordinators may receive between $8.00 and $9.00 an hour.
- As customers purchase jeans and pants in stores, special alterations requests for hemming and fitting become the responsibilities of seamstresses.
- Candidates must bring prior experience to the position.
- The company provides all materials and machines for the completion of alterations within store locations.
- On a situational basis, seamstresses may also take responsibility for removing spots or stains, ironing or steaming, and repairing defective merchandise.
- Seamstresses typically make between $10.00 and $13.00 an hour.
Tips For Applying
Job potentials may choose to access the online job application form by clicking the careers tab at the bottom of the company webpage and selecting a position of interest. Upon clicking the Apply Now button, users access a 13-part application form. To speed up the process, applicants may choose to autofill data using social media accounts or resume documents previously prepared. The form requires the entry of personal information, work experience, educational backgrounds, references, and answers to job-specific questions. Candidates should ready all materials prior to initiating the application in order to ensure the process runs smoothly. If poor internet connection or browser complications arise, job hopefuls may log back in and continue the form without penalty.
Applicants of interest may receive contact from hiring managers within one or two weeks of submitting materials for consideration. To inquire about the status of an outstanding application, job hopefuls may call the location of desired hire or stop by in person. In-person visits call for appropriate dress and demonstration of outgoing personalities. Professional garb may not prove necessary as workers often wear casual clothing. Instead, candidates should dress in the company brand or clothing of similar styles.
Benefits of Working at Buckle
Buckle rewards employees with competitive wages, flexible schedules, and an ideal 40-percent discount on brand merchandise. In addition, eligible workers also receive job benefits, including:
- Amenities such as health
- Dental and life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Vision plans
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Teammate referral bonuses and education and loyalty bonuses
Employment benefits packages may vary by position.
More Information on Buckle
The fashion house recruits workers and interns at campus visits during job fairs and other school events. Students studying marketing, management, fashion, retail, entrepreneurship, and communication may find fitting positions with the company. The opportunity acclimates participants to the fashion retail industry. Internship or temporary work may lead to full-time job offers. Potentials should apply online using the company job portal or wait for a college visit from brand representatives.