Budget Rent a Car, regularly shortened to Budget, maintains an international presence in nearly 150 countries worldwide. Employment opportunities remain available across six distinct career fields, including sales, retail operations, logistics, customer care, corporate, and franchising.
Facts About Working at Budget Car Rental
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Budget Car Rental?)
Available Positions: Rental Sales Associate, Customer Service Representative, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Manager, Service Agent, Airport Manager, Financial Analyst, Account Manager, Dealer Administrator, Regional Sales Manager, Sales Performance Manager, Account Service Representative, Workforce Management Analyst, Pricing Analyst, Specialty Sales Representative, Data Information Analyst, Bus Driver, Damage Supervisor
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Budget Job Opportunities
One of the more recognizable car rental companies in the industry, Budget enjoys widespread popularity and continued growth. Job seekers routinely take advantage of company expansion, as new franchises in new markets result in increased opportunities for work. While entry-level jobs comprise a majority of positions available with the car rental corporation, the prominent rental agency also offers fulfilling long-term careers. Few requirements sit in place for part-time and full-time entry-level jobs other than meeting the minimum age of 18; however, careers in management, marketing, and other corporate capacities usually restrict opportunities to individuals with at least high school educations and related experience.
A large portion of Budget jobs require valid driving permits, as specific positions in customer service include the operation of vehicles to assist patrons. Rental car agency jobs involving the servicing of automobiles often call for ASE certifications. The industry demands workers able to keep pace in deadline-driven environments, with customer satisfaction ranking among the most important aspects of business. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to work quickly, maintain professional attitudes, and cater to patron demands at all times. Most positions come in direct contact with customers.
Budget Employment Outlook and Pay Information
The international presence of the rental car company provides sound opportunities for employment on a worldwide scale. Applicants looking for specific roles within the Budget corporate offices or general, entry-level jobs in customer service and sales may find equally advantageous prospects featuring excellent pay scales and access to comprehensive work benefits packages. The following list contains a cross-section of available positions:
Vehicle Return Associate
- The highly flexible role of vehicle return associate requires at least one year of customer service experience.
- Workers carry out entire shifts outdoors and intercept returned vehicles.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to speak English fluently remain basic requirements for the job.
- Due to the nature of the industry, vehicle return associates regularly need to work nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to traditional business hours.
- The entry-level position pays minimum wage and offers opportunities for increases up to $25,000 in annual salary with experience.
Rental Sales Associate
- A highly visible position, the job title of rental sales associate sits at the heart of customer service operations.
- Workers typically perform duties behind sales counters.
- Responsibilities range from answering questions about products and services and highlighting promotions to confirming vehicle rentals and issuing keys.
- The position requires flexible scheduling, as locations place associates into late-night, weekend, and holiday roles with regularity.
- Hiring personnel favor individuals with six months of retail or customer service experience.
- Applicants must also demonstrate familiarity with computer systems, which prove vital for data-entry duties.
- Average pay scales begin at minimum wage and top out around $14.00 or so per hour.
Vehicle Service Attendant
- In charge of non-mechanical detailing automobiles for customer use, vehicle service attendants must enjoy working on foot and performing manual labor in fast-paced settings on a daily basis.
- Entry-level service employees often make minimum wage at start, with hourly pay rising to an average of $10.00 over time.
- Budget places heavy expectations on vehicle service attendants to complete assigned tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Specific responsibilities may include checking vehicle tire pressures and fluid levels, wiping down windows, center consoles, and door handles, vacuuming car interiors, and topping off fuel tanks.
- The job opportunity often features all-weather conditions and varying hours.
Tips For Applying
Job seekers should possess valid driver’s licenses and clean traffic records to ensure smooth transition throughout the Budget hiring process, as nearly all entry-level positions involve operating vehicles. The ability to work flexible hours also greatly benefits car rental industry job hopefuls. Most rental franchises operate in airports or other highly trafficked terminals and remain open well past usual retail business hours. Indication of valid licenses and open availability on hiring documents typically place candidates in desirable pools of consideration.
Applicants who submit hiring forms online receive email confirmation immediately upon receipt by company recruitment officials. Budget then calls or emails prospective associates back to schedule interviews. Wait times usually last no more than a week between submission of applications and callbacks or emails. In total, the process usually takes two or three weeks from employment form submission to hire. Applicants may contact desired franchise branches directly via telephone or email to check on the statuses of applications at any time to expedite the hiring process after submission.
Benefits of Working at Budget
Both entry-level employees and seasoned career professionals enjoy exceptional work benefits upon hire. Budget provides associates with complimentary uniforms, flexible scheduling, paid training, career development programs, and competitive pay. Regardless of position or tenure, employees also receive:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off, and
- Discounts on car rentals and travel accommodations.
Job benefits packages may vary slightly franchise to franchise.
More Information on Budget
Patrons enjoy immense selections of vehicles at every Budget Rent a Car branch location. Car types range from small-class automobiles to mid-size and large commercial options. Customers may also choose from high-efficiency models boasting industry-exceeding mpg ratings or electric vehicles in areas featuring recharging stations. The car rental company also offers traditional automobile sales. Patrons who enjoy rented vehicles may purchase the autos for adjusted market prices. Retail sales options remain available in 13 states and include financing abilities.
Brian Reed says:
Yes I worked for Budget in 1982 I was back then called an Airport Hiker, I drove clean cars to the Airport and drive dirty cars back to the plant where we wash and vacuumed getting them ready for purchase.
Dimario Miller says:
Yes worked with Budget team back in 2015
Serviced…washed….and tagged along on picking and dropping off cars at the airport rental location for new and valuable customers