Popular sports bar chain Buffalo Wild Wings frequently hires employment seekers eager to provide fun and satisfying restaurant experiences to customers. Entry-level roles may lead to fulfilling career paths. The company creates jobs for motivated candidates passionate about sports and service.
Facts About Working at Buffalo Wild Wings
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Buffalo Wild Wings?)
Available Positions: Cook, Server, Cashier, Host, Bartender,Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Buffalo Wild Wings Employee Interview Videos
Job Opportunities at Buffalo Wild Wings
As a result of commercial rebranding in 1994, Buffalo Wild Wings, also known as B-Dubs, enjoys continuous expansion of restaurant locations. More than 1,000 locations operate throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico. A wide variety of entry-level and management work opportunities remain available at each B-Dubs restaurant. Franchising leads the chain to open new stores, which generate more jobs with the chain. Career options stand available for qualified professionals at the company corporate offices, as well.
Aspiring workers starting out at B-Dubs may access lucrative advancement opportunities as a result of motivated attitudes and sufficient employment tenures. Entry-level job options with the company entail paid training and valuable restaurant and customer service experience, which often aid employees in future positions. Management roles feature competitive salary options and generous career benefits. The upper-level positions generally prove accessible to experienced candidates with high school diplomas or GED equivalents. Store management jobs often require bachelor’s degrees in related fields, such as business or finance.
Buffalo Wild Wings Employment and Pay Scales
Full-time and part-time opportunities with the sports bar chain stand readily available for qualified candidates. Though some jobs may prove available to applicants as young as 16 years old, most positions require employment hopefuls to stand at least 18 years of age. The bar and restaurant industry leader regularly hires for the following work roles:
Kitchen Team Member
- Kitchen team members efficiently prepare quality meals for patrons.
- Everyday responsibilities include cleaning and sanitizing work areas, prepping, saucing, cooking, and plating food, and keeping track of available inventory.
- Applicants with high school diplomas or GED equivalents, food service experience, and team-oriented mentalities enjoy the best job prospects when seeking kitchen positions with B-Dubs.
- Hourly pay rates for team members hover around $9.00.
- Cashiers handle payments for customers.
- Duties often include greeting patrons, making change, providing receipts, and accurately ringing up orders.
- Employees must ensure cash drawers remain balanced and often count cash deposits at the end of shifts.
- Applicants regularly obtain cash register attendant jobs with no previous experience or qualifications, though employment hopefuls with prior work history related to the positions may fare better when applying to the company.
- Cashiers start at minimum wage and earn raises over time.
- Bartenders mix, pour, and serve alcoholic beverages to patrons from bars at Buffalo Wild Wings locations.
- Employees must possess extensive repertoires of drink options to satisfy customers.
- Ability to talk knowledgeably about sports also remains crucial to positions, as guests expect bartenders to converse on the subject frequently.
- The company expects employees to create uniquely personalized experiences for each customer through interactions and conversations, attention to detail, and excellent service.
- Workers usually earn around the minimum wage for tipped employees, as gratuities generally constitute larger portions of bartender income.
- Applicants must traditionally stand at least 21 years of age.
Tips For Applying
Applicants with previous bar and/or restaurant experience fare particularly well when seeking jobs with Buffalo Wild Wings. The company hires work hopefuls with enthusiasm for customer service and upbeat personalities. Showing knowledge of sports culture and current team statistics also greatly improves chances of gaining meaningful employment with the chain. Candidates may apply through the online job platform or at B-Dubs locations. The website-hosted applications generally prove the standard means of applying to the company and normally take about 45 minutes to complete.
Job seekers may choose to follow up with hiring managers after completing the application process. Buffalo Wild Wings staffing personnel typically contact applicants within two weeks of receiving documents; however, inquiring sooner shows persistent interest in work with the company and often improves chances of success in obtaining jobs. Though telephone calls and emails remain acceptable forms of follow up, going to the restaurants in person often stands as the most professional and desirable method of inquiry. Take care to visit stores during slower business hours to ensure managers may speak without distraction, as the sports bar chain generally proves very busy during popular sporting events and meal times.
Benefits of Working at Buffalo Wild Wings
Employees often enjoy extensive work benefits with the restaurant and bar industry leader. Comprehensive insurance packages include:
- Medical, life, dental, vision, accident, and disability coverage.
- Qualified associates earn financial work benefits, such as 401(k) retirement plans, stock purchase options, and performance-based bonuses.
- Vacation days, holidays, and other paid time off also prove available to eligible workers.
- Discounts of up to 50% off employee meals stand accessible, as well.
More Details on Buffalo Wild Wings
Founded in Columbus, OH, in 1982, the franchise stands as a proud participant in corporate giving and regularly professes passion for sports and supports related organizations. Ongoing donations to the Boys and Girls Club of America total over $4 million. The money supports opportunities for team sports to underprivileged children. Contributions to other groups finance initiatives for disaster relief, education, and families in need. Company headquarters rest in Minneapolis, MN.
Kelvin Holloman says:
It was fun, exciting and busy. A really great place to work. Great management, hardworking crew members.