Founded in Reno, NV, in the 1930s, Caesars Palace operates as the most widespread casino-entertainment company in the world. The chain employs more than 65,000 workers across 50 properties around the globe and hires friendly, outgoing people to help the business grow.
Facts About Working at Caesars Palace
Minimum Age to Work at Caesars Palace: 21 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Caesars Palace?)
Caesars Palace Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at Caesars Palace: Casino Team Member, Poker Dealer, Host/Hostess, Accountant, Food Server, Cook, Table Games Dealer, Assistant Casino Manager, Assistant Hotel Manager, Retail Sales Associate, Lifeguard, Spa Attendant, Banquet Server, Bar Helper, Bar Porter, Barista, Bartender, Bell Person, Shift Supervisor, Buffet Server, Bus Person, Butler, Cage Cahier, Security Officer, Casino Bar Back, Cleaning Specialist, Clerk, Custodian, Entertainer, Housekeeper, Laundry Attendant, Front Desk Agent/Clerk, General Maintenance Worker, Guest Room Attendant, Guest Service Agent, Housekeeping Supervisor, Massage Therapist, Masseuse/Masseur, Valet Attendant, Promotions Associate
Caesars Palace Job Prospects
Focused on providing all-around entertainment experiences, Caesars Palace offers excellent entertainment and attentive service through expansive casino locations. Hundreds of jobs exist across various career areas due to the size and breadth of each operation. Applicants interested in working in the casino industry may find careers in guest service, games, security, and entertainment. Each career area offers entry-level opportunities for workers to get in at the ground floor. Tiered upper-level positions remain accessible for associates to progress up to or hire into, if equipped with adequate experience and schooling.
Caesars Palace offers one of the most unique working environments on the planet. To serve guests best, the casino chain operates hotels offering full amenities and world-class services. Each hotel provides a host of careers in hospitality services, such as guest services, cooking and food service, cleaning and maintenance, and hotel management. Employees enjoy wide-open atmospheres alive with fun and excitement around the clock. The action never slows down and new faces show up by the minute, which keeps workers engaged and energized bolstered by Dedicated training and development programs designed to empower workers to succeed in careers.
Caesars Palace Positions and Salary Information
The entertainment company compensates employees well. Associates earn competitive pay rates increasing with experience and performance. Hiring age limits vary by job. In most cases, applicants must stand at least 18 years of age to apply. Jobs in alcohol service or gaming often set higher age standards. The following list provides basic outlines of positions available:
- Cage cashiers interact with customers in friendly manners and exchange cash for chip equivalencies.
- Important for asset protection, cage cashiers must adhere to established procedures to ensure correct cash counts.
- In addition to exchanging cash for chips, cage cashiers cash checks, provide cash advances, exchange foreign currencies, and assist customers in establishing credit lines.
- Core competencies for the role include attention to detail, commitment to tasks, and strong communications skills.
- Cage cashiers usually earn about $13.00 an hour.
Front Desk Agent
- A hotel position, front desk agent entails checking guests in and out of rooms.
- A resource for guests, a front desk agent answers questions, provides information on the local area, and assists with booking dinner and entertainment.
- The company believes in fulfilling needs, and front desk associates should anticipate guest needs and expectations and provide service to ensure an unforgettable stay.
- Hiring managers look for pleasant, well-spoken individuals to fill front desk positions.
- Many locations prefer to hire individuals with proficiencies in second languages.
- Front desk agents make anywhere from $12.00 an hour to $18.00 an hour.
- Cocktail servers provide fast, friendly drink service to casino patrons.
- Focused on personalized care, cocktail servers interact with guests, take drink orders, and deliver drinks.
- Speed remains important, as cocktail servers must provide round trip service in less than 20 minutes.
- When interacting with customers, servers learn guest names and generally serve as ambassadors of goodwill for the company.
- Additionally, a cocktail server should monitor guest alcohol consumption and react according to company guidelines.
- Proper money handling also proves necessary.
- Outside of standard serving duties, severs assist with drink preparation and maintain clean and stocked workstations.
- Servers generally make about $8.50 an hour.
- The job also offers additional earning potential with tips.
Table Games Dealer
- Responsible for all aspects of regulating assigned games, table dealers distribute cards or assign game pieces and sometimes play against guests.
- When dealing, table dealers must observe visual or spoken cues and often need to perform quick mathematical computations.
- After a hand, a dealer determines winners and losers and collects or pays out bets.
- Table dealers must memorize game rules and follow appropriate procedures outlined for each game to ensure game integrity.
- Tracking play and observing guest actions prove essential, as well.
- To qualify for a table dealer job, an applicant typically needs at least six months of experience in a specific game, such as blackjack, roulette, craps, dice, or baccarat.
- Table dealers generally make between $11.50 and $12.00 an hour.
- Dealers earning salary pay take in about $43,000 annually.
Tips For Applying
Candidates may search and apply for casino and hotel jobs on the company website. To apply for jobs, candidates need to click to apply for specific jobs and then create job profiles, which consist of user names and passwords. After creating profiles, the application asks for basic information and gives the option to upload resumed. Serious applicants want to attach resumes to the applications to improve chances of consideration. A quality resume tailored to the exact position applied for sets a candidate apart from common applicants who often put minimal efforts into applications. Next, the application poses several qualifier questions, which typically cover age and availability. Applicants must provide truthful information about age and want to show open availability to work nights, weekends, or holidays. The application also inquires about comfortability working in fast-paced, noisy environments where guests may smoke. Candidates should remain truthful but remember the casino wants to hire individuals who thrive in the unique casino environment.
After applying, candidates should expect to hear back from hiring managers in about two weeks. Candidates wishing to learn about application statuses before receiving contact from the company should email the HR departments of desired locations and ask about application status. HR departments often face heavy workloads, and hiring managers may take time to respond back to candidates. Persistent contact may benefit job seekers interested in learning about application status.
Caesars Palace Employee Benefits
The casino chain provides associates with benefits packages and on-site services assisting with personal health and financial wellbeing.
Health benefits include:
- Dental, and vision coverage.
The company also offers on-site health education at many locations. On-site health and wellness centers at select locations give employees the ability to live healthier, active lifestyles. Some employees may benefit from mobile dentistry services, as well. Most Caesars Palace associates earn financial assistance through 401(K) retirement plans with company matching. Frontline employees also earn financial bonuses when the company succeeds. Workers enrolled in accredited colleges may also qualify for tuition reimbursement.
Other Information about Caesars Palace
Caesars Palace understands the importance of responsible gaming and ingrains the ideal in the company codes of conduct. Wanting everyone to enjoy casino gaming for the right reasons, the casino considers responsible gaming as a guiding principal whenever doing business. Leading in responsible gaming, the company founded the first ad campaign to solely promote responsible gaming and funded the first national helpline for problem gaming in the industry. The also casino operates several programs and initiatives to support healthy gaming cultures. Operation Bet Smart addresses gambling problems by teaching employees about responsible gaming policies and procedures. The casino also gives guests the tools to prevent irresponsible gambling. Guests who feel tempted to over gamble may use the self-restriction program, which denies guests credit check or check-cashing privileges. To go a step further, guests may also use the self-exclusion program, which denies playing privileges. Project 21 teaches casino employees, minors, and parents about the consequences of underage gambling.