Calvin Klein began as a small coat shop in 1968. A long history of fashion design and retail success follows the brand name. Supporting an extensive network of available jobs, the fashion chain helps generate over $7 billion in annual sales.
Facts About Working at Calvin Klein
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Calvin Klein?)
Available Positions: Part-Time Sales Associate, Full-Time Sales Associate, Part-Time Customer Service Representative, Full-Time Customer Service Representative, Sales Assistant, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Account Manager, Administrative Assistant, Assistant Buyer, Designer, Field Merchandising Coordinator, Global Merchandising Intern, Human Resources Representative, Payroll Assistant, Retail Analyst, Sourcing Director, Store Planner, Vendor Relations Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Calvin Klein Employment Opportunities
Fashion experts, or individuals simply seeking valuable retail experience, enjoy the large magnitudes of jobs generated by the prominent company. With over 30,000 global jobs available through parent PVH Corporation, entry-level job seekers enjoy ample opportunities. Most jobs stand available through the outlet stores strewn across the United States and various parts of Europe and Asia, while fewer corporate career opportunities remain accessible to inexperienced workers.
Retail employment necessitates personalities seeking social interaction and desiring competition. Workers must possess extraordinary interpersonal skills, as customers rely on store associates for recommendations and purchases. Most locations require associates to wear Calvin Klein clothing, which provides relaxed atmospheres and casual dress codes, in most cases. Workers must ensure the cleanliness of each store and make certain clothing remains presentable. Employees completing regular duties and extracurricular tasks assigned by management in outstanding manners may retain eligibility for advancement within the store.
Calvin Klein Job Openings and Pay Scales
Employment hopefuls must meet the minimum age requirement of 16. Although not prerequisite, prior experience in a related customer service field remains beneficial for applicants. Some higher-level retail positions require high school diplomas; however, most positions impose no formal education. The most readily available job openings sit below:
- Customer service representatives typically act as purchasing facilitators.
- Regular duties include the accurate use of cash registers, maintaining awareness of in-store promotions, and stocking inventory.
- Employers expect the use of suggestive-selling techniques and ask workers to maintain positive, upbeat, and energetic demeanors.
- While flexible scheduling remains a perk, hiring managers onboard candidates with open availability more often than applicants with limited availability.
- Full-time and part-time openings may exist depending on the specific retailer.
- New-hires should expect irregular hours upon hire, such as weekends and holidays.
- On average, employee income ranges from $8.00 to $11.00 per hour.
- Higher pay depends on previous retail experience and longevity of profitable time with the company.
- Promotions from sales associate to floor supervisor afford pay increases up to $14.00 an hour; however, the promotions also include increases in responsibility, such as overseeing coworkers and fulfilling additional demands of upper management.
- Rising to the assistant manager position grants yearly salary options of about $25,000 to $35,000.
- Assistant managers generally split time between sales associate and general managerial duties.
- General managers remain in charge of the entire store, with duties entailing staff oversight, ordering merchandise, instituting store sales initiatives, and cultivation of customer-oriented environments.
- Most store managers bring in about $40,000 to $50,000 annually, although salary option ranges remain contingent upon experience and sales goal requirements.
Tips For Applying
Online profiles remain useful for applying to multiple job locations. However, applicants should allow up to 30 minutes for completion and keep in mind face-to-face meetings with hiring personnel provide the best chances for interview scheduling. Interview preparation for retail should center on interpersonal skills development. Most hiring staff look for a perfect addition to the team as well as a customer-friendly and approachable character. Candidates may expect questions pertaining to difficult customers, problem-solving skills, and money-handling honesty.
As most locations fall under different management, interviewees report a varied range of application feedback. Hiring managers may call within a few days to set appointments, while others may wait a few weeks before delivering responses. A follow-up phone call or in-person reminder may move management to initiate a meeting. Candidates may expect offers for hire within three weeks. If no call occurs within a couple days, a gratuitous follow-up phone call may increase the likelihood of future employment.
Benefits of Working at Calvin Klein
The company offers generous job benefits, including:
- Dental and life insurance along with flexible spending accounts.
- The retailer provides disability programs, a corporate wellness program, and domestic partner benefits.
Additionally, Calvin Klein supplies a company-matched 401(k) plan and a 529 college savings program. Various fringe benefits entail vacation, paid holidays, group insurance rates, and associate merchandise discounts.
Additional details about Calvin Klein
As a global enterprise, Calvin Klein parent PVH Corporation distributes help to surrounding communities. The company hinges operations on corporate social responsibility and ranked in the 100 Best Corporate Citizens list of 2014. In 2013, PVH contributed about $17 million to various causes in support of women and children in need. Partnering with Safe Horizon, the company provides alternative routes to safety for victims of domestic violence in the United States.