Extended-stay hotel Candlewood Suites creates plentiful work for employment hopefuls. Available jobs range from part-time, entry-level positions to full-time management careers. With over 300 locations, the hotel chain provides job opportunities on a widespread scale.
Facts About Working at Candlewood Suites
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Candlewood Suites?)
Available Positions: Front Desk Agent, Houseperson, Customer Service Representative, Cashier/Greeter, Bell Person, Administrative Assistant, Pantry Cook, Prep Cook, Banquet Cook, Chef, Server, General Manager, Area Manager, Bartender, General Maintenance Worker, Food & Beverage Manager, Front Desk Manager, Front Desk Supervisor, Guest Service Manager, Head/Lead Housekeeper, Head Maintenance, Room Attendant, Laundry Attendant, Maintenance Engineer, Manager, Operations Manager, Reservations Agent, Security Officer, Security Supervisor
Candlewood Suites Employment Prospects
The chain operates as a subsidiary of the InterContinental Hotels Group, which stands as a leader in the hospitality industry and owns several other prominent hotel. Due to the success of the corporation, job seekers enjoy widespread availability of positions with Candlewood Suites among other chains. Candidates with relevant experience and entry-level hopefuls alike generally face little difficulty in obtaining work with the hotel.
Diverse employment proves accessible with Candlewood Suites. In particular, the chain offers lucrative opportunities for entry-level candidates to begin careers in the hospitality industry. Obtainable jobs exist in housekeeping, customer service, front office, and maintenance roles. For more experienced employment hunters, management and supervisory positions remain plentiful. The company also hires to fill human resources, marketing, sales, and corporate positions.
Candlewood Suites Jobs and Salary Options
Candidates normally must stand at least 18 years of age to gain meaningful employment with the company. The extended-stay hotel seeks individuals with desirable combinations of industry experience, enthusiasm, dedication, and passion for service. Entry-level job seekers regularly apply for and obtain positions such as:
Front Desk Agent
- Front desk agents provide service to guests upon arrival and departure from the hotel.
- Duties consistently include checking guests in and out, processing payments, distributing change and receipts, greeting and bidding farewell to customers, and keeping track of available rooms.
- Applicants generally must possess at least one year of experience in guest services.
- Candidates also need to hold high school diplomas or the equivalent to stand eligible for the positions.
- Most front desk employees start out earning minimum wage.
- Pay raises may prove available over time for dedicated workers.
- Housekeeping employees maintain the cleanliness, sanitation, and visual appeal of hotel areas.
- Typical responsibilities include tasks like changing bed sheets, vacuuming, emptying trash receptacles, dusting, and laundry.
- Other clean-up duties may prove necessary on an as-needed basis.
- The company hires dedicated applicants with reliable and trustworthy personalities.
- Applicants must also possess flexible work availabilities, which may include taking shifts on nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Housekeepers generally garner minimum wage.
Tips For Applying
The hotel chain promotes welcoming and friendly environments. Job candidates with upbeat and professional demeanors often find success when applying for jobs with the company. Naturally, applicants with previous experience in the hospitality industry also fare well during the hiring process. Always review particular employment listings to find out specific requirements for each position. Prepare to discuss qualifications in job interviews.
Hiring managers typically contact candidates within two to three weeks after receiving applications. Applicants wishing to follow up sooner and show serious interest in positions should call staffing personnel or visit hotel locations in person to make inquiries. Wait until hiring managers finish important work responsibilities before asking questions about application status. Hiring personnel desire candidates with passion and persistence; however, job seekers also need to show patience.
Benefits of Working at Candlewood Suites
As a successful company, Candlewood Suites offers attractive employment benefits packages to qualified associates. Employees may enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Wellness programs, and
- Medical insurance coverage
- Including dental
- Life and vision plans.
Pension and 401(k) retirement plans may stand available, as well. Most workers also gain access to paid training, employee discounts, and advancement opportunities. Job benefits may differ in availability and/or scope by country or geographic region.
Further Details on Candlewood Suites
Typically catering to individuals staying more than 14 days, Candlewood Suites offers several amenities. Roomy kitchen areas include full-size refrigerators, microwaves, dishwashers, and cabinets stocked with cookware, plates, glasses, and utensils. Comfortable beds and blankets, large and spacious desks, hair dryers, and ironing boards stand available, as well. In addition, rooms come with high-speed internet capabilities to allow guests to continue working or browsing the web while in the suite.