Featuring menus lush with rich foods and unique building architecture, The Capital Grille provides upscale dining experiences. Job seekers with previous employment in foodservice, customer service, and managerial positions make ideal candidates for available entry-level and career-oriented work.
Facts About Working at Capital Grille
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Capital Grille?)
Available Positions: Server, Bartender, Line Cook, Host, Server Assistant, Prep Cook, Dishwasher, Sous Chef, Kitchen Manager, Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Capital Grille Job Opportunities
The Capital Grille boasts over 50 locations in 25 states and Washington D.C. As the restaurant reputation for excellence spreads, the demand for new locations intensifies. Due to a growing fan base, more locations and work opportunities prove available. Individuals who thrive in fast-paced environments remain best suited for jobs with the company. Additionally, job seekers willing to go the extra mile to make the experience of a customer exceptional may earn preference with hiring personnel.
For individuals without formal employment experience wishing to settle into long-lasting careers with The Capital Grille, the restaurant offers many training programs to entry-level employees. Workers demonstrating passion for the service and desires to advance may take advantage of growth opportunities. Promotion often leads associates into roles within management teams or corporate offices.
The Capital Grille Positions and Salary Information
As wines and cocktails make up significant portions of The Capital Grille menus, minors remain unable to work for the restaurant. Additionally, interested job candidates should possess high school diplomas or equivalents to qualify for work. The following entry-level jobs prove consistently available:
- Perhaps the most accessible positions, dishwasher jobs prove physically intensive and require individuals in good health for employment consideration.
- Individuals filling the position should stand able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand, bend, reach, and squat repeatedly over the duration of shifts.
- The ability to collaborate with other team members and logically prioritize tasks also persist as desirable traits and may earn candidates preference for hire.
- Regular duties of dishwashers include properly sanitizing dishes and utensils, ensuring enough clean dishes and other dining amenities remain available during rushes, maintaining the cleanliness of restrooms and restaurant grounds, and stocking supplies for servers and cooks.
- Generally a part-time job, dishwashers garner pay rates comparable to minimum wage.
- Responsible for cultivating lasting and favorable impressions on The Capital Grille guests, hosts must possess personable and inviting dispositions.
- Additionally, organizational capabilities and the physical stamina to stand for the duration of shifts prove essential to the success of hosts.
- Most often part-time commitments, hosts earn average hourly wages between $12.00 and $13.00.
- Responsibilities ascribed to host positions include greeting each customer upon entrance, thanking and inviting customers back upon departure, seating guests in a timely fashion, maintaining orderliness of host stations, and ensuring the backlog of customers does not become unmanageable.
Tips For Applying
Interested individuals may browse available work on the careers section of the company website. In order to submit applications, job hopefuls must create profiles with the hosting portal. Gathering personal information, employer histories, educational backgrounds, reference contact information, and any other pertinent data may expedite the application process. Candidates maintain the option of uploading resumes and should rework the hiring document to highlight relevant employment, skills, and trainings before uploading. Additionally, before submitting work for consideration, applicants benefit from looking over applications for mistakes and inaccuracies.
Job candidates who qualify may receive notice about further screening processes within one to two weeks after submitting applications. Individuals wishing to make favorable impressions and demonstrate responsibility and tenacity may contact hiring personnel to check on application statuses before the two week mark. Candidates maintain the option of calling targeted restaurants, conducting in-store visits, or emailing HR representatives. Regardless of method, job hopefuls should remain polite and professional. To avoid becoming a nuisance, individuals should reach out to hiring managers during traditionally slow business hours.
Benefits of Working at The Capital Grille
As an established and upscale company, The Capital Grille offers workers comprehensive job benefits packages. Amenities such as:
- 401(k) retirement plans with company match
- Stock purchase plans
- Paid time off
- Associate discounts
- Student loan programs, and
- Tuition reimbursement remain available for qualifying full-time and part-time associates.
Company medical insurance includes medical, dental, and vision plans as well as prescription drug coverage, dependent care, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance. Associates also enjoy competitive pay, performance bonuses, and extensive training programs.
More Information on The Capital Grille
The upscale atmospheres of The Capital Grille often prove ideal settings for business meetings and other private gatherings. To accommodate, each location offers diners a number of private rooms with various amenities. Though specific rooms change from location to location, many of the private dining options feature customized menus, technology suitable to presentations, satellite broadcasting capabilities, and a personalized wine list. Additionally, most rooms stand handicap accessible and interested parties may make reservations on the company website.