With more than 200 locations nationwide operating under parent company Bloomin' Brands, Carrabba's constantly seeks motivated individuals to join a growing team of restaurant professionals needed to staff the steadily emerging chain. Entry-level employees and career-focused professionals alike may find a variety of opportunities with the casual dining restaurant chain featuring Italian cuisine.
Facts About Working at Carrabba's
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Carrabba's?)
Available Positions: Host, Bartender, Server, Head Wait Server, Line Cook, Carside Carry-Out Server, Trainer, Dishwasher, Busser, Prep Cook, Kitchen Manager, Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager, Managing Partner
Carrabba’s Interview Videos
Carrabba’s Job Opportunities
The popular Italian restaurant offers various positions to entry-level workers seeking flexible work schedules, supplementary income, or a second job. Carrabba’s offers front-of-house positions such as server, host, and busser as well as back-of-house careers as line cook, prep cook, and dishwasher. Interested applicants must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, and stand at least 18 years old in order to meet general hiring requirements. Candidates may apply online through the company job portal or at the location of desired hire with a paper application.
Career-oriented individuals with prior restaurant experience and a desire to join management teams should apply for multiple available roles with the restaurant chain. Carrabba’s frequently promotes from within, though the franchise also looks to outside sources to bring on additional managers. With entry-level management positions, such as kitchen manager, and more experienced managerial roles, like assistant manager and general manager, available, a wide range of experience and education may prove necessary. Typically, hiring age remains the same, but some experience and education qualifications may prove beneficial to applicants.
Carrabba’s Positions and Salary Information
Carrabba’s offers prospective employees fun, fast-paced, and rewarding workplaces with competitive wages, benefits commensurate with industry standards, and flexible scheduling options. Applicants may apply for one or more of the following positions:
- Servers process customer orders and deliver food to tables.
- Workers need strong interpersonal skills, pleasant personalities, and engaging attitudes in order to succeed.
- The ability to carry heavy trays, stand for long periods of time, and take down orders accurately remain paramount to the position.
- Servers typically make around $5.00 an hour with the ability to additionally earn tips.
- Hosts act as the first and last impression customers perceive upon entering and leaving the restaurant.
- Friendly dispositions, well-kept appearances, and excellent organization skills serve candidates well.
- These associates may also retain responsibility for takeout orders, general restaurant cleanliness, and the holding door for entering and departing guests.
- Hosts generally make minimum wage to begin, with the possibility to earn up to $9.00 an hour after gaining experience.
- Cook positions typically fall into two divisions: prep cook and line cook.
- Though not necessary, previous experience or a background in culinary arts typically benefits applicants in search of positions as cooks.
- Culinary team members retain responsibility for following company recipes, prepping food items from scratch, and cooking dishes that consistently meet company standards.
- Cooks receive consideration for advancement when assistant kitchen manager and kitchen manager positions become available.
- Line and prep cooks normally earn starting hourly pay up to $12.00.
- Various supervisory roles exist with Carrabba’s, including kitchen manager, assistant manager, and general manager.
- Managers tend to the administrative aspects of the restaurant, including hiring, training, and scheduling personnel, creating inventory and production reports, and ordering products.
- Exceptional delegation and organization skills serve management candidates well.
- In addition to meeting general age and education requirements, supervisors may also need up to three years of experience in restaurant management, as well as additional education conditions.
- Kitchen managers may earn salary options up to $35,000 per year, while assistant managers may make up to $40,000 annually.
- General managers retain earning capacities up to $50,000 in annual salary.
Tips for Applying
Applicants may apply in person by filling out a standard paper application form or by accessing the online job application via the company job portal. When applying online, candidates must first create a profile containing basic background information, employment and education history, and references. Then, job seekers must fill out a questionnaire. Candidates should allot themselves an ample amount of time to finish the questionnaire, answering each query with candor, honesty, and completeness. By using the online application process, job seekers may also apply for more than one position at a time. However, applying in person may garner more interest from hiring managers.
Hiring personnel typically respond to applicants via telephone or email a week or two after submission of required employment forms. The process may take longer depending on the volume of applications received. Candidates may choose to follow up with managers in person, which typically portrays genuine interest in the prospective position. To ensure proper response, ask a manager when would be the best time to meet in order to avoid interfering with restaurant staff daily activities.
Benefits of Working at Carrabba’s
Carrabba’s offers eligible crew members a range of available work benefits. Both full- and part-time associates enjoy flexible scheduling, career advancement opportunities, and meal discounts. Employees also receive paid training, uniform reimbursements, and competitive pay scales. Full-time workers receive access to:
- Dental and prescription drug coverage
- Paid vacation, and
- Paid time off.
Associates also receive the opportunity to enroll in company-wide 401(k) retirement plans.
Additional Information about Carrabba’s
The casual dining restaurant chain offers an online food blog through the company website called Carrabba’s Tableside. The purpose of the blog remains to pass on the company motto of “passion for food, wine, and the Italian appetite for life.” The blog allows readers the opportunity to see behind the scenes of the restaurant chain, gather ways to cook popular recipes, and take notes on how to prepare perfect pasta. The pages also serve as promotional material for current restaurant specials and advertising campaigns.