Case IH stands as one of the leading manufacturers of agricultural equipment in the world. The company hires diverse men and women to support ranchers and farmers by providing products, services, and support to exceed customer expectations.
Facts About Working at Case IH
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Case IH?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Assembler, Operator, Maintenance Mechanic, Pipefitter, Production Helper, Welder, Agriculture Product Development, Purchasing Specialist, Analyst-Equipment Distribution, Area Service Manager, Auditor, Budgeting & Planning Analyst, Case IH Parts & Service Sales Manager, College Relations Specialist/Recruiter, Customer Support Manager, HR Representative, Logistics Engineer, Market Research Analyst, Material Planner, National Account Manager, Parts Pricing Analyst, Service Technical Specialist
Case IH Job Outlook
As a subsidiary of CNH Industrial, Case IH receives access to the resources necessary to produce powerful, reliable, and affordable tractors, planting equipment, harvesters, mowers, balers, loaders, and other advance farming equipment. Associates at every level, from corporate headquarters to retail outlets, work to make the lives of farmers better through innovative technology and excellent service. The company maintains deep roots in historical agricultural and farming traditions, with founders responsible for inventing many modern agricultural technologies. Associates draw strength and stability from proud traditions.
Although tradition remains important to the company, diverse workers who bring fresh perspectives and innovation to the workplace also prove valuable. Expanding networks of retail outlets hire open-minded workers who strike a balance between innovation and tradition, which allows the company to overcome new challenges in agricultural equipment manufacturing and a growing and changing market. Entry-level employees at Case IH retail outlets also receive plenty of opportunities to grow and improve through career advancement.
Case IH Employment Opportunities and Salary Packages
Retail outlets carry the Case IH brand and products; however, each store operates independently. Job seekers looking for entry-level positions in the agricultural equipment retail field may apply for part-time or full-time jobs such as:
- As direct representatives of the Case IH brand, sales professionals must portray professional, upstanding manners during personal interactions and assist customers with sales of equipment and merchandise.
- Typical daily duties include operating point of sales devices, such as cash registers, answering customer questions, maintaining clean and accessible store areas, tracking inventories, and communicating with fellow team members in order to increase sales and promote products.
- Full-time and part-time workers generally earn pay rates close to minimum wage, anywhere from $8.00 to $9.00 an hour.
Parts Counter Associate
- Parts counter associates stand responsible for assisting customers with finding specific parts required for the replacement or repair of Case IH equipment.
- Associates must hold thorough knowledge of store inventories and company products in order to answer questions and help customers efficiently and effectively.
- Basic job duties entail interacting with customers, maintaining inventory, stocking shelves, processing special orders, assisting sales professionals, and occasionally performing light equipment repair.
- Qualified employees who demonstrate attention to detail, good interpersonal skills, and proficiency with point of sales equipment may earn salary rates up to $10.00 an hour.
Tips For Applying
Application forms remain available online at specific retailer websites. Candidates may search for local dealerships and find links to store websites through the store locator tool on the corporate website. Interested applicants may submit completed application forms and resumes to hiring locations via email, or hand in physical copies in person. Hiring processes typically take less than two weeks, as retail locations typically seek to hire qualified workers to fill open positions as quickly as possible.
Job seekers may wish to place phone calls to retail outlets in order to check on the status of applications. Candidates should call during normal store hours and ask to speak to store managers in order to follow up on applications. In-person visits may also suffice when checking on the status of applications. Dress appropriately and present a friendly, professional appearance when interacting with potential employers in order to make a good impression and prove commitment to the job.
Employee Benefits at Case IH
Case IH retail stores operate independently from each other, and may offer different employment benefits. Standard work benefits packages for eligible full-time associates includes:
- Company-matched 401(k) retirement plans
- Employee discounts
- Healthcare coverage with medical
- Dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- Life insurance, and
- On-the-job training.
More Information about Case IH
The parent corporation of Case IH, CNH Industrial, operates multiple initiatives fostering the growth of underserved communities in the United States and around the world. In 2014, the company donated over $30,000 to Habitat for Humanity, $51,000 to the HALO organization, and matched employee donations to give a total of $1.3 million to United Way. In Brazil, the agricultural equipment manufacturer also donated nearly $2 million to fund social development projects, youth sports organizations, and cultural projects.