Established in 1959, Casey's General Store employs dedicated entry-level workers in customer service and food preparation jobs. Based in the Midwestern United States, the gas station and convenience store chain boasts thousands of full- and part-time employment opportunities.
Facts About Working at Casey's General Store
Minimum Age to Work at Casey's General Store: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Caseys General Store?)
Casey's General Store Hours of Operation: Hours vary by location; Typically open 7 days a week
Available Positions at Casey's General Store: Team Member, Cashier, Inventory Clerk, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager
Casey’s General Store Employment Outlook
Unlike many competitors with franchised outlets, Casey’s General Store gas stations remain corporate-owned, which allows the chain to grow steadily. With over 1,800 locations throughout the country, the American company hires workers continually to keep up with turnover rates and business expansion. Though jobs prove available in over a dozen states, employment hopefuls in Iowa, Illinois, and Missouri enjoy the most plentiful hiring prospects.
Applicants find a wide variety of jobs available with the gas station chain. Food service and cashier positions remain staples of the company for entry-level job seekers. Candidates typically obtain positions with minimal qualifications and previous experience. For seasoned professionals, management careers offer lucrative work options and attractive employment benefits packages. Eligible candidates may also seek administrative and marketing positions with the business at the company home offices. Casey’s General Store corporate headquarters rest in Ankeny, IA, on the outskirts of Des Moines.
Casey’s General Store Jobs and Salary Options
The company largely hires candidates 18 years of age and older. However, some positions may prove available to applicants 16 years of age and up. Conversely, state laws may restrict jobs related to alcohol sales to individuals 21 and older. Job seekers with previous gas station or food service experience often face minimal difficulties obtaining positions with Casey’s. The following jobs regularly prove obtainable to qualified applicants:
- Traditionally part-time roles, team member jobs combine cashier and food service associate responsibilities.
- Duties such as food preparation, cash handling, providing change, taking orders, restocking shelves, and aiding patrons with purchases prove everyday tasks for workers.
- While candidates may not need to possess high school diplomas to gain employment as team members, holding high school educations or GED equivalents often improves chances of obtaining positions.
- Team members generally earn about minimum wage upon hire.
- Employees may become eligible for raises with tenure and hard work.
- Supervising staff in store locations, managers oversee company operations by directing the actions of entry-level workers.
- Typical duties include interviewing prospective employees, offering constructive criticism and discipline as appropriate, aiding difficult customers, and enforcing established business policies in the workplace.
- During periods of increased business, managers must also assist subordinates with everyday job responsibilities as well as hire on new employees and provide one-on-one training.
- Management employees typically receive salary options ranging from $25,000 to $35,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
Hiring personnel normally ask questions about relevant work experience and schedule flexibilities during interviews. The company generally prefers candidates with higher levels of availability, as some stores remain open 24 hours a day. Job seekers should smile and answer questions confidently and articulately, as interviews also allow employers to find out if applicants possess friendly personalities appropriate to customer service environments. Applications usually stand available online and in store.
Staffing procedures normally take anywhere from a couple days to two weeks. Candidates benefit from displaying patience while consistently following up on outstanding applications. Show professionalism and politeness to leave lasting, positive impressions. Hiring managers generally reply to inquiries made through telephone calls or store visits within a few days. Email may also prove an acceptable method of follow up. Applicants must check on employment documents during traditionally slower business hours and respect the time of management personnel.
Benefits of Working at Casey’s General Store
Casey’s General Store offers job benefits packages to compensate full-time and part-time employees. Workers receive access to:
- Paid training
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Transfer programs
- Advancement opportunities and holiday pay
Associates enjoy appreciative and positive work environments and competitive wages, as well. Additional employment benefits for full-time staff members include paid vacation days, medical leave, health insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
More Details on Casey’s General Store
Focusing on building up the communities where stations operate, Casey’s regularly participates in charitable initiatives. The company donates thousands of dollars toward philanthropic efforts annually. A request form stands available on the company website to petition the chain for financial donations. In addition to giving back, the business allows other brands to advertise on pump tops and in other locations. A similar request form sits on the same web page.