One of the largest cash advancement companies in the U.S., Cash America offers excellent careers in retail and financial services. Experiencing extensive company growth each year, the highly successful brand continually hires new associates. Part-time and full-time positions exist at each location.
Facts About Working at Cash America
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Cash America?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Loan Associate, Assistant Manager, Branch Manager
Cash America Job Opportunities
Over 1,000 nationwide locations provide lucrative opportunities for job seekers interested in working in the finance industry. Individuals looking to start in the field may take interest in entry-level sales associate roles, while experienced leaders may find fulfilling opportunities in management. The chain operates under different names in certain areas of the country. Depending on location, applicants my need to apply to stores under names like Cash America Pawn, SuperPawn, Payday Advanced, and Mr. Payroll.
Dedicated to employee success, Cash America maintains supportive, family-like company cultures. Associates enjoy fun workplaces helping customers with cash-advance needs. Workers looking to move up with the company may take advantage of an abundance of development programs and benefit from a system designed to promote from within.
Cash America Positions and Salary Information
Each store location offers entry-level sales associate jobs and careers in management. Positions available require workers reach the age of 18 before applying. High school diplomas or GEDs prove essential when applying for jobs with the company, as well. Sales and loan associates jobs set no experience requirements; however, management roles usually require at least two years of experience in leading others. The lending services company needs to fill the following positions:
Commissioned Sales and Loan Associate
- Also called customer service representatives, sales and loan associates serve patrons at cash and pawn locations.
- General duties include greeting and interacting with customers and providing individualized services.
- When offering financial services, associates listen to customer needs and provide effective financial solutions.
- If working in pawn and sales, representatives must handle negotiations and sales transactions in accordance with company policies.
- When necessary, sales and loan associates stock and clean the sales floor and arrange merchandise displays.
- Depending on the shift assigned, an associate may need to perform opening and closing procedures including cash counting and inventory management.
- On average, sales and loan associates earn close to $10.50 an hour.
- Store leaders ensure consistent day-to-day operations for cash advance and pawn shops.
- Store locations must meet regular sales goals, and managers need to communicate goals to teams and motivate associates to surpass financial objectives.
- Reviewing sales numbers and monitoring inventories also proves essential to maintaining positive cash flows.
- In charge of building successful teams, store managers hire and train store personnel and provide ongoing coaching and encouragement.
- Management jobs titles with Cash America include assistant manager, shift leader, and manager.
- Pay varies by job title, with leaders generally earning annual salary options ranging from $35,000 to $80,000.
Tips For Applying
First-time applicants need to set up job profiles by creating user names and passwords. Once logged in, associates need to answers basic questions about eligibility to apply. Questions commonly cover age and physical capabilities. Job hopefuls then fill out the application, which asks for dates available, work history, and education. The next section of the application requires three references. Candidates should provide strong references able to provide good recommendations if contacted.
Following the basic application, candidates need to fill out pre-employment questionnaires. Consisting of timed and untimed sections, the questionnaires feature series of questions designed to compare applicant attributes to the attributes of others in the role. The timed test covers basic arithmetic, number series, and English. Candidates should work quickly to answer questions in the 10-minute timeframe. The untimed questionnaires feature statements where applicants list levels of agreement ranging from strongly agree to strongly disagree. Some examples of statements include, “When I am in a bad mood, it affects my work” and “Coworkers would describe me as cooperative.” Candidates should consider responses and provide suitable answers.
Applicants may apply for multiple jobs at once and keep track of the jobs applied to by logging into personal job profiles. The personal job profiles allow applicants to view the titles of the jobs applied to, dates applied, and status of each application. Applicants should monitor application statuses by regularly logging into profiles. If a week or more passes without a change in status, candidates should call store locations to inquire about potential determinations. Showing regard for the busy schedules managers hold, applicants should keep calls to periods of low customer traffic and maintain brief conversations. In the calls, applicants should express desires to join the team and ask about the timelines for interviewing and hiring procedures.
Benefits of Working at Cash America
After two months of working, full-time associates may earn quality job benefits packages, which assist with personal health, financial security, and personal wellbeing. Addressing the various needs of employees, the company offers customizable benefits packages. Healthcare benefits include various medical and dental options as well as vision plans. Employees may also receive healthcare options like long-term care insurance, critical-illness insurance, and accident coverage. Disability benefits include basic supplemental short- and long-term disability income.
Pre-tax reimbursement accounts, such as:
- Health care
- Dependent care, and
- Health reimbursement accounts
- Also safeguard employee health
To facilitate employee financial success, the company offers 401(k) retirement plans with matching contributions. The cash advance chain also gives employees ample personal time by offering paid time off for holidays, vacation, sick time, bereavement, and jury duty. Employees may also access lifestyle benefits, such as merchandise discounts at pawn locations, will preparation, travel assistance, and group legal assistance.
Other Information about Cash America
Committed to getting customers cash when needed, the chain offers standard financial services like check cashing and pre-paid credit cards as well as unique services, such as gold buying, tax filing, and insurance. In addition to offering financial assistance, the chain operates pawn shops, which purchase used items at reasonable prices and resell the merchandise to value-seeking customers. Items the pawn shops buy and sell include gold and diamond jewelry, tools, electronics, cameras, musical instruments, and gaming systems and video games. Many stores also sell fire arms, and the chain conducts online auctions for fire arm sales.