A leading fashion retailer for plus-size women in the U.S., Catherines operates around 400 locations and provides sound career options for aspiring industry professionals. While clothing lines sold in store target mature crowds, employment opportunities available through the fashion house largely center on young adults and individuals capable of working varied shifts.
Facts About Working at Catherines Plus Sizes
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Catherines Plus Sizes?)
Available Positions: Store Sales Associate, Loss Prevention Associate, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, District Manager, Regional Manager, Merchandiser, Buyer, Sourcing Associate, Technical Designer, Planner, Allocation Analyst, Financial Analyst, Logistics & Distribution Manager, Customer Service Representative, Marketing Associate
Catherines Plus Sizes Employment Opportunities
Fashions and styles made and distributed by the prominent, national retail chain focus on mature demographics, mostly women between the ages of 40 and 60. Ongoing popularity of the brand over the years allows for ready access to entry-level jobs and professional careers featuring outstanding pay and employee benefits. Each location must hire on teams of sales associates and other customer service associates to provide exceptional customer care, prevent theft, and operate cash registers. Additional responsibilities held by entry-level staff usually include basic maintenance and stock duties. Broad knowledge of fashion, in general, and styles for plus-size customers also remain vital to gaining employment.
Workers in search of key professional roles may take interest in managerial opportunities. Managers may work part-time or full-time and look after overall operations at store locations. Customer satisfaction ranks as a high priority among expectations of managerial associates. Applicants must possess the ability to demonstrate excellent decision-making skills and leadership qualities related to retail environments. Knowledge of fashions sold in store remains relevant for hire, as well.
Catherines Plus Sizes Jobs and Salary Information
Hiring requirements for basic, entry-level jobs include meeting the minimum age of 16 and possessing outgoing, personable, and dedicated attitudes toward work and the general public. Managers must stand 18 or older, hold high school diplomas, and possess a minimum of four years’ experience in retail settings. Some college coursework or college diplomas may set candidates apart for managerial career consideration. Catherines Plus Sizes regularly hires for the following positions:
- A position involving various aspects of retail operations, the job title of sales associate encompasses customer service, cashier, stock, and basic sales duties.
- The retailer often extends hours for seasonal shopping.
- Applicants should express interest in taking on additional shifts or working varied schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- The ability to lift 20lbs. to 30lbs. on a daily basis comfortably serves as an important trait of potential hires.
- Sales associate jobs also feature continuous bending, stooping, and reaching to assist customers.
- Candidates should possess expert fashion sense and demonstrate the ability to make sound merchandise recommendations for patrons during the hiring process.
- Most sales associates work part-time upon hire.
- Starting pay hovers at minimum wage and rises to $9.00 or so per hour with experience.
- Catherines Plus Sizes uses the hiring process to screen for motivated individuals passionate about the brand.
- Aside from experience and meeting the minimum hiring age for employment consideration, applicants must exude strong, confident personalities and excellent business intuition.
- Managers take responsibility for overseeing opening and closing procedures, onboarding staff, supervising entry-level employees, processing payroll, setting schedules, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Workers should show extreme versatility as related to business settings, specifically retail, and enjoy fast-paced, multitask-centric environments.
- Careers in management consist of assistant store manager and store manager positions.
- Pay scales reflect industry standards and fall between $25,000 and $45,000 annual salary, on average.
Tips For Applying
The retail chain uses an online platform to initiate contact between applicants and hiring personnel. Workers interested in Catherines Plus Sizes jobs must create online profiles via the company website to compete for available careers. The candidate profiles consist of basic contact information, employment history, and other general information regarding employment. Potential employees need to fill out each section completely and to the best of known abilities in order to receive full review.
One of the best ways to check on the status of an application includes visiting Catherines Plus Sizes stores in person. The personal visit allows applicants to demonstrate fashion sense through wardrobe choices. Visiting in person also provides for one-on-one contact with hiring personnel. Applicants may check on the status of applications over the phone and by email, as well. Managers usually extend interview invitations within a few days of receiving hiring forms. The entire process from application submission to job offer may only last a week, especially for part-time, entry-level positions.
Benefits of Working at Catherines Plus Sizes
A member of the Ascena Retail Group Inc. family of brands, Catherines Plus Sizes offers workers exceptional job benefits packages. The fun, supportive, and industry-competitive environments found at company retail locations supplement financial savings programs like 401(k) retirement plans and general healthcare and life insurance coverage. Workers also enjoy discounts on merchandise and paid time off. Specific eligibility requirements often rely on employment status with the retail chain.
Additional Information on Catherines Plus Sizes
Founded in 1960, Catherines centers merchandise lines on plus-size clothing for women. The retailer adheres to strict company policy calling for transparency in supply chain operations. Potential vendors must agree to and physically sign on to the corporate code of conduct supported by the prominent fashion chain. The policies set in place by the retailer include regular inspections by third-party organizations of factories and facilities operated by vendors. Ascena Retail Group Inc. also encourages employees to participate in specialized training programs focusing on ethical business practices related to the textile industry.