Committed to redefining classical elegance to fit modern ideals of luxury, Celebrity Cruises stands as one of the top cruise lines in the world. In order to provide unforgettable, innovative vacation experiences, the cruise company hires dedicated new employees to fill positions on land and at sea.
Facts About Working at Celebrity Cruises
Minimum Age to Work at Celebrity Cruises: 21 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Celebrity Cruises?)
Celebrity Cruises Hours of Operation: Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at Celebrity Cruises: Crew Member, Entertainer, Food and Beverage Worker, Guest Relations Associate, Hotel Manager, Housekeeper, Kitchen Help, Training & Development Manager, Bartender, Chef, Human Resource Manager, Environmental Officer, Apprentice Deck Officer, Assistant Cook, Butler, Baker (Head Baker), Deck Supervisor, Food and Beverage Administrative Assistant, Head Waiter, International Host/Hostess, Sommelier, Nurse, Shore Excursions Port & Shopping Lecturer, Cruise Director, Security Officer
Celebrity Cruises Employment Options
Celebrity Cruises employees deliver high-quality cruise experiences aboard grand, luxurious ships by offering attentive service and exceptional cuisine. With destinations on every continent and multiple touring cruises available aboard a fleet of 11 ships, workers enjoy opportunities to travel and see the world while providing guests with memorable vacations. Careers as entertainers, chefs, guest services representatives, maintenance personnel, and seamen stand readily available for talented job seekers.
Individuals with backgrounds in hospitality, food service, customer relations, entertainment, and ship operations may find promising full-time jobs with Celebrity Cruises. The company fosters work environments preparing workers for highly qualified careers and opportunities for professional growth. Associates aboard ships serve guests under high standards of dedication, performance, and quality following the corporate values of safety, service, and style. Due to the nature of cruising, employees stationed on ships must work full-time, often during non-standard business hours, to fulfill guest desires. Workers in land-based roles support cruise operations by handling business, marketing, sales, and finance operations as well as information technology services.
Job Opportunities and Pay Packages at Celebrity Cruises
For individuals seeking exciting, adventurous jobs providing the ability to travel the world and interact with diverse guests, jobs with Celebrity Cruises hold great potential to lead into fulfilling and enjoyable careers. Employment opportunities for the following ship-bound positions stand readily available:
- While at sea, the safety of cruise guests stands paramount.
- Deck officers hold safe navigation and ship operations as top priorities.
- The responsibility of ensuring safe navigation on assigned ship routes falls to the third officer, also referred to as third mate, charged with keeping watch in order to safely avoid hazards, monitor sea traffic, and quickly respond to emergencies.
- Ensuring safety means strictly adhering to international regulations while using experience and knowledge to avoid or mitigate danger.
- Salary packages close to $60,000 per year represent typical earnings for qualified employees.
- Credentials should include at least three years of experience aboard a ship and valid third mate’s licenses from accredited maritime institutions.
Shore Excursion Staff
- Shore excursions allow cruise guests opportunities to explore fun and exciting adventures, tours, or activities at ports along cruise routes.
- Associates typically work at information desks on cruise ships.
- The duties workers generally handle on shifts include promoting and selling shore excursion packages to guests based on needs, desires, and limitations.
- Employees must possess basic computer skills in order to prepare reports and operate point of sales systems.
- To meet sales goals, workers upsell or cross-sell tour packages and answer guest questions regarding the ship, upcoming ports, and excursion services.
- The role typically earns a salary rate of $2,500 per month.
- When not in port, cruise guests partake in many kinds of onboard attractions, including casino-style gambling.
- Celebrity Cruises hires friendly, outgoing workers to fill the roles of casino dealers.
- Earning monthly wages between $2,000 and $3,000, plus tips, associates entertain guests by dealing casino games, such as blackjack, roulette, craps, and poker.
- Employees remain responsible for understanding and explaining game rules to customers, exchanging money for gambling tokens, taking bets, and appropriately handling cards, tokens, and game pieces.
- Qualified candidates must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, friendly demeanors, and attention to detail.
- Cruise nurses report to ship doctors and earn pay packages upwards of $5,000 per month.
- Associates provide daily care for guests and crewmembers and assist doctors in emergency situations.
- Guests may require treatment for common maladies such as sunburn, seasickness, sprains, minor abrasions, and allergies.
- Administrative duties, such as filling out medical reports and checking on patient medical histories, may prove necessary.
- In order to qualify for full application consideration, prospective associates should hold appropriate qualifications, such as BLS and ACLS certifications, and prior experience with emergency treatment as well as clean background checks.
Tips For Applying
Applicants interested in pursuing jobs offering plenty of travel opportunities may apply online by creating electronic job profiles. Job hopefuls must enter personal information, upload resumes, and answer basic questions about qualifications in order to complete online profiles and submit applications. Depending on the desired position, the hiring process may last several months and consist of multiple phone and face-to-face interviews. Medical exams and background checks generally stand required for most positions.
After submitting resumes, workers may find contacting hiring personnel proves unfeasible. Recruiters tend to contact applicants via phone or email to give updates on application statuses and either reject ineligible candidates or extend interview invitations. Candidates who receive notifications of rejection may re-apply for desired jobs after gaining relevant experience and improving resumes.
Celebrity Cruises Employment Benefits
Celebrity Cruises offers professional growth opportunities to help dedicated employees enhance the effectiveness of job-related skills.
Workers also receive:
- Discounts on travel packages and onboard entertainment
- Company-paid room and board
- Medical insurance
- Including free onboard doctor visits, and paid time off
- Eligible corporate associates receive 401(k) retirement plans and additional healthcare coverage, such as dental and vision care plans
More Info about Celebrity Cruises
The cruise line operates 11 ships of various classes, including 5 Solstice-class ships capable of transporting upwards of 2,800 people, and one Xpedition-class ship. Celebrity Xpedition yacht sails to the Galapagos Islands and allows adventurous individuals to explore the famous islands with the benefit of professional naturalist guides. The company also offers lengthy cruises crossing entire oceans and lasting nearly a month.