Champs Sports is a popular sporting goods and athletic apparel retail chain that operates close to 550 locations nationwide. The stores are mostly found in shopping malls and sell apparel, shoes, and other sporting goods.
Facts About Working at Champs Sports
Minimum Age to Work at Champs Sports: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Champs Sports?)
Champs Sports Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 12:00pm-7:00pm
Available Positions at Champs Sports: Sales Associate, Cashier, Stock Room Associate, Merchandise Handler, Key Holder, Assistant Store Manager, General Store Manager
Champs Sports Employee Interview Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at Champs Sports:
Job Vacancies at Champs Sports
The sporting goods chain employs thousands of workers. Applicants can pick up hiring forms in store or apply online. Applicants must be 16 years old and able to perform some manual labor, such as lifting boxes and being able to work on their feet.
Most Champs Sports positions require no previous work experience. Instead, the company looks for employees with good customer service skills and willing to work various schedules.
Everyday tasks include stocking shelves, creating displays, and making recommendations to customers. Associates can work both full and part-time roles. Applicants should enjoy sports and sporting goods but it isn’t necessary to gain employment with Champs Sports.
Champs Sports Job Outlook and Pay Scales
Champs Sports employees usually start out in entry-level sales jobs. A list of popular positions for hire follows:
- Sales associates interact with patrons during shifts.
- Strong communication skills are key in this position.
- Workers must help customers find items and keep departments clean and organized.
- Champs Sports sales associates make minimum wage and work part-time hours.
- Cashiers take payments, issue change, and apply discounts when necessary.
- Employees typically earn $8.00 an hour. Meeting sales goals can result in bonuses and pay raises.
- On average, cashiers work part-time.
- Employees working as stock associates make minimum wage to start. Pay can increase over time to around $10.00 per hour.
- Duties involve unloading trucks, stocking shelves, and assisting on the sales floor.
- Stock associates need to perform numerous physical tasks including repeated lifting, bending, and reaching throughout their shift.
Tips for Applying
Candidates can fill out a paper application in store or apply online. Turning in forms to store managers can sometimes lead to direct interviews. Applicants create profiles on the company website that allows job seekers to apply for multiple openings at a time. Check information to make sure there are no spelling errors and that all contact information is current before submitting.
Individuals can check application status through the careers website. The store updates online applications as decisions are made, usually within a couple of weeks. Reaching out to management may speed up the process and give workers an advantage. Visiting a location may also lead to on-site interviews.
Benefits of Working for Champs Sports
The retailer provides up to 50% off merchandise and items at select times. Other employment benefits include medical and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plans, paid vacation, and sick time.
Further Details on Champs Sports
Champs Sports provides customers with an online sizing help chart. Shoppers can log on and find out what sizes of what products will best fit their needs. Sports listed include soccer, basketball, wrestling, track and field, walking, football, and baseball.