With more than 500 restaurants to maintain worldwide, Charley’s Grilled Subs consistently offers employment opportunities and frequently hires talented new associates. Job seekers looking to work for a growing restaurant chain should apply online to begin a career with the international sub sandwich retailer.
Facts About Working at Subs
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Charley's Grilled Subs?)
Available Positions: Team Member, Assistant Manager, Shift Supervisor
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Charley’s Grilled Subs Job Opportunities
New-hires often land entry-level jobs and work as crew members behind the counter. Entry-level positions typically entail job duties like cooking and cleaning in addition to customer service responsibilities, such as taking orders, fielding questions, and answering phone calls. Crew member jobs seldom require applicants to possess extensive history of employment, although candidates with previous quick-service restaurant experience frequently earn stronger hiring consideration. All potential associates should aspire to work hard and learn new skills. The hiring process tends to favor applicants with the ability to work as part of a team in a busy restaurant environment. Prospective employees also need to meet the minimum hiring age of 18 years.
Applicants with leadership experience in the restaurant industry should consider applying for management positions. In addition to demanding relevant experience, careers in restaurant management often prove most suitable for candidates with an academic background in business or a related field. The numerous qualifications attached to managerial job openings help ensure the hiring of experienced workers able to recruit and train new employees, handle restaurant finances, increase sales, and generally maintain successful daily operations.
Charley’s Grilled Subs Positions and Pay Information
Offering both part-time and full-time employment, Charley’s Grilled Subs prefers to hire job seekers with the ability to work a variety of morning, afternoon, and evening shifts throughout a given week. In addition to flexible scheduling, the thriving restaurant chain offers competitive pay to all workers and numerous employee benefits to eligible associates. Interested candidates should fill out an application form online for career opportunities such as:
- The backbone of the restaurant chain, the position of crew member encompasses a wide range of functions at each location.
- Entry-level crew members greet patrons and process orders, operate cash registers and collect payments, prepare menu items, and respond to customer requests.
- The position also involves operating kitchen equipment, handling ingredients, organizing inventory, and performing general housekeeping duties.
- Candidates applying for crew member jobs must feel comfortable working on foot and interacting with customers on a regular basis.
- Hourly pay rates for the entry-level job typically hover between $8.00 and $9.00.
- Managerial employees work as either assistant managers or general managers and report to the franchise owner of each restaurant location.
- Responsible for the overall wellbeing of the restaurant, managers carry out a variety of daily job duties ranging from tracking sales and budgeting expenses to supervising work shifts and motivating entry-level associates.
- Managers also hire and train new workers, set employee schedules, ensure ideal amounts of inventory, and handle any customer or personnel issues.
- Assistant managers usually earn hourly pay resting around $10.00, while general managers often enjoy salary options exceeding $40,000 per year.
Tips For Applying
The international fast food chain primarily hires young workers in search of part-time jobs able to adapt to varying schedules. Individuals should mark open availability on applications to secure full review from hiring personnel. The sandwich chain also holds applicants with excellent people skills in high regards and bases hiring decisions on candidate abilities to interact with others. Job hopefuls with customer service experience should intentionally list any relatable experience to improve chances of employment.
After submitting hiring forms online or in person, job seekers may check on application statuses via email, telephone, or personal visits. Most candidates receive some form of contact from Charley’s hiring personnel within a week or so, with a majority of workers spending between one and two days under review. Calling or visiting locations often represents the best means of checking on application statuses, as both forms of communication provide direct lines to hiring managers. However, applicants should note the chain mostly operates out of busy shopping malls. Calling preferred storefronts before arriving unannounced may limit the amount of strain workers place on managers carrying out daily responsibilities.
Benefits of Working at Charley’s Grilled Subs
Upon hire, all employees receive access to job benefits like competitive wages, flexible work schedules, and comprehensive training. Other employment benefits provided include perks like dynamic and team-oriented work environments, meal discounts, and opportunities for professional development leading to career advancement. Professional careers with the chain of sub sandwich shops often feature additional employee benefits, such as paid time off and 401(k) retirement plans.
Additional Details on Charley’s Grilled Subs
Restaurant chain CEO Charley Shin opened the first Charley’s Grilled Subs location in 1986 and began franchising five years later. The restaurant chain specializes in Philly cheesesteaks due to a 1985 trip to New York in which Shin accidentally ended up in Philadelphia and tried the legendary sandwich for the first time. In addition to creating mouthwatering sub sandwiches, local franchises regularly give back the community by donating food to shelters, cooking for charity events, and supporting organizations like the Salvation Army.