Charlotte Russe strives to bring out the Charlotte Girl in each employee. With a West Coast influence inspiring warmth and community, the retailer eagerly invites fashion fanatics 16 years and older to apply for entry-level store positions. The company employs more than 2,000 team members and must hire retail professionals to oversee store operations, as well.
Facts About Working at Charlotte Russe
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Charlotte Russe?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Sales Associate, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Loss Prevention Associate
Charlotte Russe Employee Interview Videos
Charlotte Russe Job Opportunities
Genuinely passionate and friendly individuals represent ideal candidates for Charlotte Russe jobs. Extensive job histories typically prove unnecessary for entry-level positions, as managers train store associates to perform general, routine retail tasks. With great training programs in place, finding workers with knowledge of current fashion trends and customer service aptitude proves paramount. Open availability and willingness to work nights, weekends, and major holidays also prove beneficial for aspiring sales associates.
Candidates with design, customer service, fashion industry, or retail experience may qualify for merchandising, key holder, or management jobs. Upper-level job titles such as store manager typically mandate three years of prior retail management experience and/or a related bachelor’s degree. For entry-level supervisory titles like key holder, the company prefers to hire on candidates with at least one year of retail knowhow. Career-minded individuals discover upper-level job openings on the careers page of the Charlotte Russe website.
Charlotte Russe Positions and Salary Information
Sales associate job titles typically require associates to stand at least 16 years of age, with little-to-no experience necessary for hiring consideration. Due to some added responsibility, key holders generally need to meet minimum age requirements of 18 and possess high school diplomas or the equivalent to join the team. Upper-level positions such as assistant manager, store manager, and merchandiser bear heftier qualifications than basic sales positions. The following list summarizes job descriptions and pay scales for popular Charlotte Russe store positions:
- Entry-level positions, Charlotte Russe sales associate jobs require the hiring of stylish and energetic individuals to staff sales associate jobs.
- Sales associates assist customers by providing product knowledge, putting together outfits, and ringing up purchases.
- Additional duties may include stocking merchandise and maintaining store cleanliness throughout shifts.
- Other than possessing eyes for fashion, sales associates must possess basic math skills to issue correct change when operating POS systems.
- The retailer generally starts sales associates at minimum wage.
- Some sales associates make up to $9.00 or $10.00 per hour with experience.
- Associates with the key holder job title perform similar tasks as sales associates on top of several administrative, managerial tasks.
- Key holders open and close stores according to company policy and lead teams of sales associates by delegating tasks.
- Key holders routinely meet with upper-level management to discuss store needs and implement changes as necessary.
- Key holders generally enjoy hourly wages between $8.00 and $10.00.
Job Description and Duties
- Like many clothing retail stores, Charlotte Russe routinely promotes from within when hiring store managers and supervisors.
- Sales associates with an outstanding performance record may fit perfectly in a management capacity, as they already know many store policies and procedures.
- Management positions require much larger time commitments than other Charlotte Russe jobs.
- Instead of just selling clothes and accessories, managers basically lead the store’s workforce in sales goals, customer service, and proper company procedures.
- One of the most important job functions involves the recruiting, screening, interviewing, and hiring of new entry-level employees to Charlotte Russe.
- Managers also stay in contact with corporate officials to discuss and implement new promotions, designers, and product lines.
- Applicants need to have previous managerial experience, particularly within a retail environment.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and problem solving skills and a high school diploma also rank among the key requirements for hiring consideration.
- Some Charlotte Russe hiring managers prefer candidates to possess related college degrees, as well.
Salary and Compensation
- As Charlotte Russe operates a prominent chain of designer retail outlets, store managers may take advantage of competitive salaries and earning potential immediately upon hire.
- Salary figures for managers range from around $35,000 to $65,000 annually, which may include overtime pay.
- Factors like store location and industry experience may influence earnings.
- In addition to competitive pay, careers in management at Charlotte Russe also come with several employment benefits and incentives.
Tips For Applying
Entry-level job seekers download applications by accessing the Charlotte Russe careers page and clicking on the link provided. The application allows aspiring workers to indicate desired positions, age, preferred starting dates, availability, and contact information. Applicants also fill out sections about previous employment and education. Finally, candidates may provide character references, as well. Upon completing applications, entry-level job seekers must print forms to submit at the location of preferred employment. Retail professionals seeking careers discover openings on the company career page and must participate in the online application process to request employment.
Some associates cite receiving contact from Charlotte Russe hiring managers several hours after turning in applications. In most cases, recent applicants wait no more than two or three days before hearing from the fashion retailer. If a week passes without contact from a manager, applicants may want to place follow-up calls or visits to the desired store to inquire about application status. Workers who choose to follow up in person ought to wear fashionably professional attire, as some managers may conduct on-the-spot interview sessions. Express genuine desire and excitement to work for the retailer when following up.
Benefits of Working at Charlotte Russe
Paid training programs and professional growth potential allow workers to build meaningful careers with Charlotte Russe. The retail chain also offers competitive base pay and salary options as well as employee benefits packages to qualified associates. Employment benefits available to eligible workers include:
- Future planning benefits
- Work-life balance programs and insurance coverage
Competitive job perks, such as 401(k) retirement plans, paid time off, and healthcare coverage provide eligible employees added comfort and security.
Additional job benefits, including employee discounts on products and merchandise, also exist for associates.
Additional Information on Charlotte Russe
The ever-growing Charlotte Russe boasts an impressive online store with an extensive inventory of merchandise. The online store allows shoppers and employees alike to purchase items from the comfort of home both safely and securely. Patrons find tops, bottoms, dresses, accessories, jewelry, and shoes to fit all occasions. Customers also take advantage of exclusive sales and read product reviews on the comprehensive online store.