Job seekers interested in work in the fast food industry should consider applying for jobs with Checkers Drive-In. The prominent chain offers a host of entry-level positions for candidates looking to work in fun, fast-paced environments. Team member serves as the basic title for entry-level job vacancies, which include customer care and food production duties.
Facts About Working at Checkers
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Checkers Drive In?)
Available Positions: Creation Specialist Team Member, Cashier (Service Specialist) Team Member, Expeditor (Line Legend) Team Member, Shift Manager, Assistant Manager, General Manager, District Manager, Front Office Administrative Assistant
Checkers Employee Interview Videos
Job Opportunities at Checkers Drive-In
Most entry-level jobs feature few restrictions for employment. Aside from setting a minimum age requirement of 16-years old, the fast food chain gives young and inexperienced workers a chance by hiring individuals with little or no work history. Once hired, new-hire workers usually spend around two to three weeks learning store policies and routines. Following the brief training period, associates become full-fledged team members responsible for supplying customers with quality food in fast, efficient manners.
Outside of entry-level jobs, the quick service chain offers supervisory roles for individuals with leadership skills. In addition to performing regular restaurant duties, managerial workers monitor and supervise subordinate team members and ensure consistent profitability. Workers may move right into managerial positions or start in entry-level roles and advance into higher-level titles. The fast food chain provides ongoing training opportunities designed to equip associates with the tools necessary to perform managerial duties. Over half of general managers began as team members, making Checkers Drive-In one of the most accessible fast food chains in the United States in terms of viable career options. Long-time employees may even graduate to regional management roles, like district manager or area manager.
Checkers empowers associates and offers numerous tips for how to succeed on the job. The fast food chain wants associates to communicate well, work effectively in team environments, set and achieve high personal standards, learn something new every day, and always put people first. Candidates in search of entry-level jobs may pick up applications on location or apply online through the Rally’s/Checkers careers page. Workers looking for management jobs need to submit hiring materials online. When applying online, job hopefuls create profiles and list availability, education, past employment, and reference information. Job seekers may apply to as many locations as desired.
Checkers Employment Opportunities and Pay Scales
As a quick-service food chain with over 800 locations throughout the United States, Checkers Drive-In always looks for new associates to join the team. The nationwide chain needs energetic, high-performing workers to staff part-time vacancies and full-time jobs. The restaurant regularly staffs the following positions:
Job Description and Duties
- Team members with Checkers Drive-In restaurants perform several common and uncommon job duties.
- Entry-level Checkers employees basically keep the restaurant operating smoothly and efficiently.
- Team members mainly take orders and prepare food for customers, such as sandwiches, side dishes, and beverages.
- In addition to customer service, Checkers work requirements also include operating the cash register, manning grills and fryers, and cleaning the kitchen and dining areas.
- Since Checkers Drive-In restaurants keep extended hours of operation, the company often seeks team members with flexible schedules, including available night and weekend shifts.
- Most Checkers locations impose a minimum hiring age of 16 years.
Salary and Compensation
- Pay rates for Checkers team members generally fall around minimum wage upon hire and may increase to roughly $9.00 or $10.00 an hour with experience.
- In addition to competitive wages, new workers typically receive paid in-store employee training from the company.
- From the outset, team members may earn free meals, or at least significant discounts on Checkers menu items.
- Career-minded applicants 18 and over may apply for assistant manager jobs.
- Checkers looks for workers who desire to grow and learn, and assistant manager serves as a management position with ample room for growth.
- Assistant managers support general managers by focusing on day-to-day operations.
- In general, assistant managers ensure guest satisfaction, sales growth, restaurant cleanliness, and product quality.
- When needed, assistant managers perform team member duties.
- Assistant managers should possess at least two years of supervisory experience in the quick service industry as well as high school diplomas.
- Pay for an assistant manager generally ranges between $20,000 and $40,000 a year.
Job Description and Duties
- Positions in management with Checkers Drive-In require responsible candidates.
- Most importantly, managers coordinate restaurant operations from hiring employees to budget goals to customer satisfaction.
- Managers regularly delegate duties and responsibilities to subordinate workers and team members.
- On several occasions, managers may need to perform regular restaurant duties such as ringing up customer orders, operating cash registers, and working grills and kitchen appliances.
- On the business side of operations, Checkers Drive-In managers routinely monitor budgets, scheduling, and Checkers sales goals.
- Checkers managers take charge of screening and contacting applicants and performing interviews with the most qualified individuals.
Salary and Compensation
- Current Checkers managers should expect lucrative salary options with the possibility of increases regularly.
- Average manager salaries stand between $46,000 and $52,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
Employment seekers must fill out official applications in order to secure Checkers Drive-In job opportunities, in most cases. Under certain circumstances, such as employee referrals, franchise owners and hiring managers may not require formal documentation. However, most candidates must fill out paper applications accessible in store or go online and complete hiring forms via the company website. Franchising often affects the availability of paper forms versus online applications, so workers should check with nearby locations to follow the proper procedures for employment consideration.
The franchising of Checkers Drive-In restaurants also affects the ways in which candidates follow up on submitted applications. Individuals using online platforms often receive emails or other electronic notifications of status changes, while paper application users receive word on decisions via telephone. A typical employee waits between one and two days to get a call back from management regarding job opportunities. The fast food chain usually puts workers through the entire hiring process within a week; however, prospective managers may spend as much as two to three weeks going through hiring procedures.
Benefits of Working at Checkers Drive-In
Joining the Checkers Drive-In team offers motivated workers exciting new career paths and a host of work benefits. Restaurant jobs feature fast-paced and fun work environments in settings conducive to career growth and advancement. Paid training opportunities and leadership programs allow dedicated workers the ability to follow dreams and achieve goals while enjoying solid employment in the food service industry. In addition to quality training and leadership programs, the company offers flexible work schedules, competitive base pay, and generous salary options. Eligible employees may access employment benefits packages, as well.
The fast food chain extends a wealth of employee benefits, including:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Healthcare coverage, and
- Paid time off
Additional Information on Checkers Drive-In
Committed to serving customers on the go, Checkers offers a unique double drive-thru concept. The innovative restaurant design allows for the chain to serve tasty, made-to-order meals quickly and efficiently. Believing that Americans deserve better fast food experiences, available sandwiches and burgers feature fresh ingredients and bold, fully-loaded favors. The value-centered chain also offers a sizable menu of cost-saving options for customers seeking good food at lower prices.