Boasting over 500 locations in nine states, CheckSmart offers various financial services for customers. Entry-level workers regularly find employment opportunities in customer service roles and may even earn promotions to store manager positions with tenure and experience.
Facts About Working at CheckSmart
Minimum Age to Work at CheckSmart: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Checksmart?)
CheckSmart Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 8:00am-8:00pm; Sun 11:00am-4:00pm
Available Positions at CheckSmart: Customer Service Associate, Loan Specialist, Collector, Assistant Manager, Branch Manager
CheckSmart Job Opportunities
The company hires diverse individuals to fill numerous roles, mostly to interact with customers on a daily basis. Desires to work with the public, interest in financial services, and exceptional math skills regularly benefit employees working with CheckSmart. An ability to handle money with discretion, creating respectful work environments, and the ability to interact with a variety of different customers all factor in to final hiring decisions, as well. Employees receive paid training in order to gain readiness for working in the financial services company, which renders hiring criteria minimal, at most.
While a majority of entry-level applicants find work as customer service representatives, CheckSmart regularly promotes from within to fill other important positions in the check-cashing and financial services chain. Seasoned CSRs may find roles as loan specialists, customer relations managers, and assistant store managers before moving on to store manager and corporate roles. Loan specialists assist clientele with short-term lending options and meet short-term financial needs. A customer relations manager hires, trains, and motivates call center staffs. The financial planning and collections company also routinely hires outside applicants with experience in such roles.
Positions and Salary Information for CheckSmart
Applicants with the financial services chain earn competitive wages, paid training, and flexible scheduling opportunities with regularity. The minimum hiring requirements typically focus on holding high school diplomas or corresponding GEDs and standing 18 years of age when applying for the following positions:
Customer Service Representative
- Processing loans and check cashing transactions remain the typical duty of customer service representatives at CheckSmart.
- Employees must also regularly receive and pay out money and keep accurate records of all transactions while providing exceptional customer service.
- Representatives earn hourly wages hovering near $10.00.
- The check-cashing industry leader seeks individuals with propensities for mathematics, exceptional communication skills, and flexible schedules to fill customer service roles.
Assistant Store Manager
- Earning around $30,000 annually, assistant store managers supervise subordinate employees in the absence of a store manager.
- Associates must also develop and maintain outstanding customer rapport, monitor all compliance issues, and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Hiring, training, and coaching employees remains vital to the success of the position.
- Assistant store managers should possess excellent math skills, critical thinking proficiencies, and troubleshooting aptitudes to earn hiring consideration.
- Customer service representatives regularly receive promotion to assistant manager roles within the company.
Tips For Applying
Applicants may choose to apply in person or utilize the online application forms on the company web page. After searching for store locations, candidates select positions of choice and apply utilizing brief online forms. Provide up-to-date personal information, work history, and upload resumes when appropriate. Applications with grammatical errors, misspellings, and outdated contact information may earn the candidate disqualification from consideration. Check hiring materials completely before application submission.
Potential employees receive follow-up phone calls between a few days and a couple of weeks to set up initial interviews. Applicants eager to receive hiring consideration may decide to call or visit preferred hiring locations in person. Ask to speak directly to management. Dress accordingly in order to demonstrate actual desire and eagerness to work with the check-cashing entity.
Benefits of Working at CheckSmart
CheckSmart employees enjoy differing work benefits packages, typically depending on employment status, tenure, and experience. In addition to flexible work schedules, paid job training, and competitive pay, associates meeting eligibility requirements receive other employment benefits, such as:
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement plans, and
- Tuition assistance
Qualifying individuals also earn health insurance, prescription medication coverage, and life insurance options.
Further Information about Checksmart
The financial services company provides website visitors with a blog offering financial tips and ideas. From starting a vacation budget to finding the right tax preparer to help file income taxes, the blog offers advice to help customers. Other topics include avoiding common mistakes when making major purchases, finding the most cost-effective insurances, and social causes the company trumpets.