Recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the 100 best companies to work for, The Cheesecake Factory promotes friendly atmospheres under the leadership of managers dedicated to encouraging innovative ideas and providing incomparable quality.
Facts About Working at Cheesecake Factory
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Cheesecake Factory?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Host, Hostess, Server, Bartender, Busser, Dishwasher, Line Cook, Prep Cook, Kitchen Manager, Assistant Restaurant Manager, Restaurant Manager, Quality Assurance Supervisor, Maintenance Technician, Department Assistant, Systems Analyst, Pricing Administrator, Guest Service Coordinator
Cheesecake Factory Employee Interview Videos
Job Opportunities at The Cheesecake Factory
A vast majority of Cheesecake Factory associates report feeling proud to work for the company. The chain credits the content feeling toward the work environments to fun and cooperative settings, effective communication, and exceptional bosses. Employees also enjoy competitive wages and flexible scheduling options.
Many different employment opportunities exist at The Cheesecake Factory for job hopefuls seeking part-time and full-time entry-level positions. Candidates who provide outstanding customer service often qualify for server or cashier positions. Applicants who prefer to work behind-the-scenes may opt to pursue positions such as dishwasher or busser. Workers possessing specific qualifications should apply for positions such as restaurant manager or line cook. As the franchise continues to grow annually, the chain promotes employees within the company, as well. Corporate career opportunities also exist.
The Cheesecake Factory Positions and Salary Information
The Cheesecake Factory mostly hires applicants 18 years of age and older. Positions for inexperienced workers exist; however, most jobs call for candidates with at least three months of prior relevant work experience. Restaurant jobs regularly available to employment seekers include:
- Dishwashers work as part of teams to ensure dishes, glasses, and silverware undergo proper sanitation procedures.
- Other duties include sweeping and mopping floors, removing trash, and cleaning restrooms.
- Three months of prior experience takes preference, as the position requires workers to operate in fast-paced environments so essential items stay stocked throughout shifts.
- The dishwasher must maintain the ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
- A dishwasher makes between $8.00 and $10.00 per hour on average.
- Bussers clean dining room areas and set tables in timely fashions between seatings.
- Other responsibilities include refilling bread baskets and beverages for guests, guiding diners to tables, sweeping floors, stocking glassware and ice, and tidying restrooms.
- A busser must also work in fast-paced environments, lift up to 50 pounds, and function as part of a team.
- Six months of prior experience takes preference to prove developed guest relations skills.
- A busser enjoys hourly pay between $8.00 and $10.00, as well.
- Providing guests with outstanding service in accordance to The Cheesecake Factory standards stands at the top of server priorities.
- Duties include describing menu items to patrons, assisting guests with decisions, taking orders, delivering food and beverages, and processing payments.
- The position calls for candidates with one year of prior experience working for a full-service restaurant.
- A server should possess excellent verbal skills, work well in teams, lift up to 35 lbs. with comfort, and provide guests with excellent service.
- Average pay for servers falls between $20,000 and $33,000 annually.
- Key tasks for managers include front-of-house operations, such as housekeeping, set-up, and food delivery to patrons.
- Managers work opening, midday, or closing shifts and take responsibility for hiring staff, making schedules, meeting financial goals, and ensuring staff development.
- Candidates must hold two to five years of prior management experience in a full-service restaurant.
- Managers must also work an average of 55 hours a week, possess strong leadership skills, hold impressive communication skills, prove dependable and motivated, and possess the capacity to lift 50 lbs. or more.
- A manager makes an annual salary between $38,000 and $63,000.
Tips For Applying
The job application process begins when potential associates click on the Careers tab above the banner on The Cheesecake Factory company website. Users must create profiles in order to complete an application form, which allows job seekers to apply online for more than one opportunity by logging in at any time and completing a new submission. Applicants must provide prior work experience, references, and education on the application form. The company uses software that digitally scans and selects the most qualified applicants, so job hopefuls should mention specific qualities referenced in company-provided job descriptions throughout the application process.
Cheesecake Factory accepts job applications at all times. Depending on current openings, the company may or may not immediately offer available opportunities to applicants. Listings found on the company website job board indicate need for hire. Applicants for available positions who qualify should receive calls for interviews in a timely manner. However, if no openings currently exist, candidate applications may remain on file for future consideration.
Benefits of Working at The Cheesecake Factory
The restaurant chain values worker satisfaction and hires staff with potential to grow as the company expands business. Promotions into managerial and supervisory careers happen often for hardworking employees. Management and hourly staff members may also become eligible for job benefits packages. Most work benefits plans include:
- Life, and
- AD&D coverage.
Advanced employment benefits packages also offer paid vacation time and 401(k) plans.
More Information on The Cheesecake Factory
Patrons curious about Cheesecake Factory operations should consult the company website. The online portal provides both applicants and customers with information about restaurant menus, locations, and shipping and catering options. Gathering information about offered dishes and services often aids job hopefuls through the application and interviewing process. The feature proves useful for customers with food allergen or specific dietary needs, as well.