Chick-fil-A is one of the largest chicken restaurant chains in the country. First opened in Atlanta, GA, the chain stays true to its roots by bringing Southern hospitality to fast food.
Facts About Working at Chick Fil A
Minimum Age to Work at Chick Fil A: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Chick Fil A?)
Chick Fil A Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri: 6:30am-10:00pm; Sat: 6:30am-11:00pm; Closed Sunday
Available Positions at Chick Fil A: Cashier, cook, manager, supervisor, team leader, team member
Chick-fil-A Employee Interview Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at Chick-fil-A:
Chick-fil-A Job Opportunities
Requirements & Aptitude
Chick-fil-A looks for applicants that are at least 16 years old. Whether they apply online or in person, job seekers should emphasize teamwork and integrity. Associates have to be courteous and able to work well in a group. They must enjoy interacting with the public.
No Experience Necessary
Chick-fil-A offers flexible schedules and full training. Previous experience is unnecessary for hire. Upon completing the interview process, a new employee learns customer service, cash-handling, and food prep.
Entry-level positions often lead to future Chick-fil-A careers. The chain promotes workers from within. Those with previous experience and education may qualify for management jobs.
Chick-fil-A Positions and Salary Package Information
With over 2,000 locations, the restaurant regularly hires part-time, full-time, and seasonal associates. The following employment options are available:
- Many locations hire workers to serve strictly as cashiers.
- The entry-level job generally requires no prior experience.
- Team members should have strong customer service skills and positive attitudes.
- The average cashier works part-time and earns a pay rate near $8 per hour.
- Check out the Chick-fil-A cashier job description.
- Starting with hourly wages around $8.00 an hour, Chick-fil-A team members run cash registers or drive thru windows. They also prepare orders and clean.
- Candidates must be able to move quickly with positive, friendly attitudes.
- Team members typically work part-time hours.
- Learn more by accessing the Chick-fil-A team member job description.
- Team leaders supervise employees, help with scheduling, and perform most team member duties.
- Earning about $10.00 per hour, Chick-fil-A team leaders typically earn promotion from within.
- Outside applicants with leadership skills or food service experience qualify, as well.
- Chick-fil-A managers oversee the hiring process and handle customer relations.
- They are also responsible for restaurant finances.
- Candidates can expect to earn about $12.00 an hour.
- Applicants must also be at least 21 years old to qualify.
- Read the Chick-fil-A manager job description for more information.
Tips For Applying
Chick-fil-A has a standard paper application form for hopefuls to fill out. The restaurant chain does not have an online application on the company website. Many locations do post openings on third-party websites, which may allow job seekers to submit an application online.
Chick-fil-A Job Application Status
Arriving before lunch or dinner rushes is typically the best time to fill out Chick-fil-A applications. Candidates may receive on-the-spot job interviews or opportunities to speak with managers. To make a good impression, ask questions about the position, show courtesy, and dress professionally.
Benefits of Working at Chick-fil-A
Entry-level employees enjoy job benefits like free meals and unlimited drinks while working. Eligible employees gain access to medical insurance along with dental and vision plans. Full-time associates can also receive 401(k) retirement plans as well as scholarships.
More Information on Chick-fil-A
Ever since founder Truett Cathy opened his first location in 1946, Chick-fil-A restaurants have remained closed on Sundays. Cathy believed that employees deserved a day of rest to relax with their families or to worship if they chose.