Chick-fil-A is one of the largest chicken restaurant chains in the country. Since the first location opened in Hapeville, GA, the chain has remained true to its roots by bringing Southern hospitality to fast food.
Facts About Working at Chick Fil A
Minimum Age to Work at Chick Fil A: 16 years old ( How old do you have to be to work at Chick Fil A?)
Chick Fil A Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri: 6:30am-10:00pm; Sat: 6:30am-11:00pm; Closed Sunday
Available Positions at Chick Fil A: Cashier, cook, manager, supervisor, team leader, team member
Chick-fil-A Employee Interview Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at Chick-fil-A:
Chick-fil-A Job Opportunities
How Old Do You Have to Be to Apply at Chick-fil-A?
Most stores have local owners who set the rules at their location. Each state also has laws that affect the hiring age. Applicants that are at least 16 years old will have better chances getting a job.
What Kind of Experience Do You Need?
Chick-fil-A offers flexible schedules and full training, so previous experience isn’t necessary. Workers must be courteous and enjoy interacting with the public to be successful in these roles. Job seekers should emphasize their ability to work well as part of a team and their integrity when applying. Once hired, new employees receive traing to learn customer service, cash-handling, and food prep skills.
Is There Room to Grow?
Entry-level positions often lead to future Chick-fil-A careers. The chain strives to promote workers from within. Those with previous experience and education may initally qualify for management jobs as well.
What Types of Jobs Does Chick-fil-A Hire For?
With over 2,000 locations, the restaurant regularly hires part-time, full-time, and seasonal associates. The following employment options are available:
- Many locations hire workers to serve strictly as cashiers.
- This entry-level job generally requires no prior experience.
- Team members should have strong customer service skills and positive attitudes.
- The average cashier works part-time and earns a pay rate near $8 per hour.
- More details are available in the Chick-fil-A cashier job description.
- Chick-fil-A team members take on many responsibilities including running cash registers, staffing drive thru windows, preparing orders, and cleaning.
- Candidates must be able to move quickly and maintain a positive, friendly attitude.
- These employees typically work part-time hours.
- Learn more by accessing the Chick-fil-A team member job description.
- Team leaders supervise employees, help with scheduling, and perform some of the same tasks as team members.
- Although the company typically promotes from within, outside applicants with leadership skills or food service experience may also apply.
- Chick-fil-A managers oversee the hiring process and handle customer relations.
- They are also responsible for restaurant finances, ordering food and supplies, and maintaining daily operations.
- Applicants must also be at least 21 years old to qualify.
- Read the Chick-fil-A manager job description for more information.
How Much Does Chick-fil-A Pay Hourly?
Salary at Chick-fil-A is different for each type of role. Entry-level jobs for cashiers and team members star at around $8.00 per hour. Those in supervisory positions will receive a higher rate of pay. Team leaders can expect to make about $10.00 hourly while managers typically earn $12.00 or more.
How Do I Apply for a Job at Chick-fil-A?
Chick-fil-A has a standard paper application form for hopefuls to fill out. The restaurant chain does not have an online application on the company website, but hopefuls can search for information on specific stores. Many locations do post openings on third-party websites, which may allow job seekers to submit an application online.
How Do You Get a Chick-fil-A Application?
Arriving before lunch or dinner rushes is typically the best time to fill out Chick-fil-A applications. Candidates may receive on-the-spot job interviews or opportunities to speak with a hiring manager. To make a good impression, prospects should ask questions about the position, show courtesy, and dress professionally.
Does Chick-fil-A have an Online Application?
Most Chick-fil-A stores are independent franchises that hire and manage their own employees. Some of these locations have websites where hopefuls can view and apply for open positions while others do not. Contact the restaurant where you’d like to work or use the company’s store locator page to check if an online application is available.
Benefits of Working at Chick-fil-A
Entry-level employees enjoy job benefits like free meals and unlimited drinks while working. Eligible workers receive access to medical insurance along with dental and vision plans. Full-time associates can also participate in 401(k) retirement plans and apply for scholarships.
More Information on Chick-fil-A
Since founder Truett Cathy opened his first location in 1946, Chick-fil-A restaurants have remained closed on Sundays. Cathy believed that employees deserved a day of rest to relax with their families or to worship if they chose.