Chick-fil-A is one of the largest chicken restaurant chains in the country. First opened in Atlanta, GA, the chain stays true to its roots by bringing Southern hospitality to fast food.
Facts About Working at Chick Fil A
Minimum Age to Work at Chick Fil A: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Chick Fil A?)
Chick Fil A Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri: 6:30am-10:00pm; Sat: 6:30am-11:00pm; Closed Sunday
Available Positions at Chick Fil A: Team Member, Cashier, Cook, Day Manager, Delivery Driver, Assistant Manager, General Manager, Customer Service Specialist, Kitchen Manager, Cow Mascot, Kitchen Staff Member, Dining Room Host/Hostess, Shift Leader, Maintenance Technician, Supervisor, Kitchen Prep/Food Preparation Person, Marketing Assistant, Customer Service Team Member, Catering Attendant, Food Services Event Staff, Warehouse Receiving Specialist, Administrative Assistant
Drive for Lyft! Call 855-407-9995 to apply
Chick-fil-A Employee Interview VideosListen to former employees discuss working at Chick-fil-A:
Chick-fil-A Job Opportunities
Requirements & aptitude
Chick-fil-A looks for applicants that are at least 16 years old. Job seekers should emphasize teamwork, integrity, and a love of working with people when applying. Team members should be courteous, be able to work well in a team, and enjoy working with the public.
No experience necessary
Chick-fil-A offers flexible schedules and full training, making previous experience unnecessary for hire. Employees can expect to gain experience in customer service, cash-handling, food prep, and cooking.
Entry-level positions regularly lead to future careers with Chick-fil-A. The restaurant chain frequently promotes from within. Applicants with previous experience and additional education also qualify for management jobs.
Chick-fil-A Positions and Salary Information
With over 2,000 locations, the restaurant regularly hires part-time, full-time, and seasonal employees. The following positions are frequently available:
- Many locations hire on workers to strictly serve as cashiers.
- The entry-level job generally requires no prior experience for consideration.
- Workers should have strong customer service skills, positive attitudes, and the ability to multitask.
- The average cashier works part-time and earns minimum wage starting pay.
- Check out the Chick-fil-A cashier job description.
- Starting at about $8.00 an hour, Chick-fil-A team members run cash registers or drive thru windows, prepare orders, or clean.
- Workers must be able to work quickly with positive, friendly attitudes.
- Team members typically work part-time hours.
- Learn more by accessing the Chick-fil-A team member job description.
- Team leaders supervise employees, help with scheduling, and perform most team member duties.
- Earning about $10.00 per hour, Chick-fil-A team leaders typically earn promotion from within.
- Outside applicants with leadership skills or food service experience qualify, as well.
- Chick-fil-A managers are responsible for customer relations, restaurant maintenance, hiring new employees, finances, and working directly with the franchisee.
- Managers can expect to earn about $12.00 an hour.
- Applicants must also be at least 21 years old to qualify.
- Read the Chick-fil-A manager job description for more information.
Tips For Applying
Chick-fil-A has a standard paper application form for candidates to fill out in store. The restaurant chain does not have an online application on the company website. Many locations do post openings on third-party websites, which may allow job seekers to submit an application online.
Arriving before lunch or dinner rushes is typically the best time to fill out applications. Candidates may receive on-the-spot interviews or at least opportunities to speak with managers. Ask specific questions about the company or position, shows courtesy and knowledge of the industry, and remember to dress professionally to make the best possible impression.
Benefits of Working at Chick-fil-A
Entry-level employees enjoy job benefits like free meals and unlimited drinks while working. Eligible employees can gain access to medical, dental, and vision plans. Additionally, full-time employees can also receive enrollment in 401(k) retirement plans as well as scholarships to further their education.
More Information on Chick-fil-A
All Chick-fil-A restaurants have been closed on Sundays since founder Truett Cathy opened his first location in 1946. Cathy believed that employees deserved a day of rest to relax with their families or to worship if they chose.