Managing six different lines of clothing, Chico's appeals to diverse audiences. Specializing in bold and chic clothing for women, the fashion retailer consistently grows to meet demands. Entry-level and career-oriented positions stand available in part-time and full-time capacities.
Facts About Working at Chico's
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Chico's?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Sales Lead, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Logistics Specialist, Customer Consultant, Assistant Manager - Sourcing, Associate Merchandise Planner, Manager - Merchandise Planning, Assistant Technical Designer, Sr. Planner - Store Inventory, Manager - Store Finance & Planning
Chico’s Job Opportunities
Since the founding of the store in 1983, the fashion retailer exhibits impressive advancement. Over 1,500 Chico’s FAS, Chico’s, White House, Black Market, Soma, and Boston Proper boutiques and outlets exist throughout the United States, U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Canada. As the company prospers, job openings become readily available for seasoned professionals and entry-level candidates alike. Friendly individuals with passion for or knowledge about the fashion world and pervading trends typically fare best during the hiring process.
Though no previous employment experiences stands necessary to receive consideration for available work at Chico’s, job seekers with backgrounds in management, retail, and customer service make ideal associates. Furthermore, entry-level individuals interested in cultivating long-lasting careers with the company may take advantage of training and promotion opportunities. Engaging workers who demonstrate ambition, enthusiasm, and promising leadership skills may eventually obtain managerial or corporate work.
Chico’s Positions and Salary Information
Job hopefuls must meet the minimum age of 16 to receive consideration for hire at Chico’s. Few other qualifications exist to pursue entry-level work with the fashion retailer. As no diploma stands necessary, high school students may find the following consistently positions ideal as first jobs:
- Individuals interested in sales associate positions may receive preference for hire if able to work early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Additionally, job candidates should prove able to lift up to 50 pounds and repeatedly stand, lift, squat, bend, and reach over the course of each shift.
- Usually a part-time endeavor, the position of sales associate earns average hourly wages of $9.00 to $10.00.
- Worker duties include greeting customers, answering questions, maintaining familiarity with products, contributing to sales goals, replenishing stock, returning fitting room merchandise to the sales floor, and operating cash registers.
- Unlike sales associates, assistant managers must stand at least 18 years of age to receive hire.
- Interested candidates should possess high school diplomas or the equivalent.
- Previous employment in leadership positions may earn job hopefuls hiring preference.
- Assistant managers must exhibit excellent customer service skills, abilities in multitasking, and exceptional customer service skills.
- Regular responsibilities include learning the various duties of the store manager, taking inventory, contributing to sales goals, leading by example, making employee work schedules, overseeing payroll, responding to customer concerns and complaints directly, and aiding the store manager in the smooth operation of each location.
- Generally full-time work commitments, assistant manager jobs pay salary packages of about $35,000 to $40,000 annually.
Tips For Applying
Interested individuals may browse available work on the career section of the Chico’s website. Once desirable positions become available, candidates must create accounts using the job hosting platform to apply. Gathering pertinent information, such as personal contact information, employer contacts and histories, educational backgrounds, and references, may expedite the registration and application processes. Before submitting applications, job seekers maintain the option of uploading resumes. Individuals should tailor the documents to emphasize relevant work experience, skills, and trainings. Additionally, reading over work before final submissions may eliminate mistakes and improve chances of hire.
Generally, hiring personnel at Chico’s reach out to qualified candidates within one to two weeks to set up interviews. To communicate genuine desire for available work, job seekers may contact managers within the given timeframe to check on application statuses. Calling stores, conducting in-store visits, and emailing HR representatives prove acceptable methods of reaching out. No matter the medium, individuals should remain respectful of the time of hiring personnel and keep communications polite and professional.
Benefits of Working at Chico’s
As an established company, Chico’s offers employees competitive pay, advancement opportunities, and job security. Additionally, the fashion retailer provides extensive work benefit packages. Medical insurance includes:
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance and long- and short-term disability
Employees also enjoy 401(k) retirement plans with company match, stock purchase plans, holiday pay, paid time off, tuition and adoption assistance, and associate discounts. Eligibility for most job benefits hinges on employment status as full-time or part-time.
More Information on Chico’s
Chico’s enjoys contributing to surrounding communities through charitable giving and volunteerism. The company focuses on causes benefiting women, children, health, education, and the environment. Interested parties fitting the aforementioned categories may find the guidelines for requesting funds on the company website. The fashion retailer regularly donates money, time of employees, and equipment to good causes, as well.