Formerly a division of McDonald's, Chipotle Mexican Grill now stands as an individual giant in the fast food industry. The restaurant chain boasts over 1,500 locations worldwide and employs a workforce of roughly 37,000 associates. Applicants looking for work with the formidable chain may access widespread opportunities in customer service, food preparation, and management.
Facts About Working at Chipotle
Minimum Age to Work at Chipotle: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Chipotle?)
Chipotle Hours of Operation: Open every day: 11:00am-10:00pm
Available Positions at Chipotle: Restaurant Team Member, Grill Crew Member, Kitchen Manager, Service Manager, Front Line Crew Member, Restaurant Team Manager, Cook, Cashier, Area Manager
Drive for Lyft! Call 855-407-9995 to apply
Chipotle Employee Interview Videos
Job Opportunities at Chipotle Mexican Grill
Must be flexible
The most consistent forms of employment available to entry-level job seekers include restaurant team member and grill crew member jobs. Each position only imposes minimum hiring ages of 16 and the ability to work varied schedules upon hire. Opportunities available primarily feature part-time hours; however, the chain of quick-service Mexican grills also employs motivated applicants full-time.
Entry-level jobs require individuals to handle food with regularity and directly interact with customers.
- Can work under pressure – Aspiring Chipotle associates should possess highly dedicated and on-point personalities able to work quickly under pressure and time constraints.
- Can do attitude – Courteous and professional attitudes also fit the mold for available fast food restaurant jobs.
- Customer service – Workers frequently need to alter or amend menu offerings to fit customer specifications.
Requirements for manager positions
Strict practice of health and safety guidelines stands as a top priority at each location. Managers ensure employees follow proper protocol and guidelines as well as train individuals on use of kitchen equipment and general expectations of behavior while on the clock.
Managerial candidates generally face more scrutiny to gain employment with Chipotle, as applicants must be at least 18, hold previous and related experience, high school diplomas, and strong organizational and leadership skills.
The popular restaurant chain provides managers with opportunities for part-time shifts and full-time shifts. Kitchen managers and service managers may work part-time or full-time, while area managers almost strictly assume full-time schedules.
Chipotle Positions and Salary InformationThe diverse opportunities and team-oriented atmospheres of Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurants provide ideal settings for fast food job seekers to find work. Positions available feature flexible scheduling, career development programs, paid training, and competitive pay scales.
Interested individuals often find work in the following jobs:
Restaurant Team Member
- An entry-level position, Chipotle team members keep restaurant locations clean for customers.
- Restaurant team members also greet patrons, ring up purchases, and prepare orders in assembly lines.
- The position requires applicants to work steadily and multi-task.
- Applicants stand for most given shifts and handle food.
- The ability to maintain clean working environments and engage with customers in personable and appropriate manners remains highly important to gain employment.
- The chain of Mexican grills starts new-hire restaurant team members off around minimum wage. Pay scales may increase to $10.00 or so over time.
Grill Crew Member
Chipotle restaurants regularly need to hire cooks or grill crew members.
- Cooks operate large grills and other kitchen stations to prepare ingredients for assembly by restaurant team member employees.
- The position requires applicants to work efficiently and effectively and to ensure quality food and quick service at all times.
- Cooks may double as restaurant team members, as needed.
- The average cook receives hourly pay between $8.00 and $10.00 an hour, depending on experience.
- Read the Chipotle Crew Member job description.
ManagementCareer-minded applicants may find work as managers. The fast food chain needs to hire workers with strong merit and the ability to motivate others. Ideal candidates demonstrate professionalism at all times.
Kitchen manager, assistant restaurant manager, and restaurant manager represent the supervisory job titles available at Chipotle Mexican Grill.
General responsibilities managers carry include:
- tracking inventory and ordering supplies
- ensuring customer satisfaction
- implementing marketing initiatives
- completing payroll
- training new-hires
- conducting job interviews
- communicating with company corporate offices.
Specific job duties vary by position.
- Kitchen managers typically carry out more supervisory roles, while assistant restaurant managers and restaurant managers oversee daily operations and administrative tasks.
- Most kitchen managers earn around $10.00 an hour.
- Assistant restaurant managers generally receive salary options between $30,000 and $40,000 per year.
- Restaurant managers may make in excess of $50,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
Renowned fast food chain Chipotle Mexican Grill uses an intensive hiring process to onboard new associates. Most candidates sit through at least two interviews, with the potential for prospective managers to pass through three or more interviews. Despite the necessity of multiple interviews, entry-level employees typically wrap up the hiring process within a week or so. However, the number of applicants vying for similar positions may alter wait times slightly. Prepare to answer both standard and unique interview questions used to glean more about applicants and unearth personality traits. Highly sought-after candidates possess attentive, courteous, motivated, and intelligent work ethics.
A majority of eligible candidates receive phone calls to schedule interviews within a day or two of submitting applications.
How to follow up
Workers who receive no formal call backs or communications regarding applications may reach out to restaurant management and inquire about the next steps in the process. Place phone calls or visit locations in person. Both methods of following up show determination and offer direct, personable avenues to speak with managers. Remain respectful of the busy schedules of managers and try to time calls and visits during slower hours. Pestering or persistently showing up unannounced without appointment may paint applicants as nuisances.
Benefits of Working for Chipotle Mexican Grill
The fast food chain provides generous work benefits regardless of position. Employees enjoy these benefits:
- lucrative wages
- development bonus opportunities and bonuses upon review
- complimentary uniforms
- discounts on food and drink
- healthcare insurance plans
- 401(k) retirement plans
Chipotle tiers access to employment benefits. Workers accrue perks over time.