Church's Chicken operates as a quick-service fried chicken chain with locations worldwide. Found in more than 25 countries, Church's Chicken operates as one of the largest, most wide-reaching fried chicken establishments in the world.
Facts About Working at Church's Chicken
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Church's Chicken?)
Available Positions: Crew Member, Maintenance Person, Administrative Assistant/Receptionist, Assistant Manager, Restaurant General Manager
Church’s Chicken Employee Interview Videos
Church’s Chicken Job Opportunities
Known for a rich tradition of high-quality chicken offerings, Church’s Chicken proudly serves up signature original recipes to thousands of patrons each day. The ongoing slews of orders demand dedicated workers to cook and prepare each menu item, interact with customers, and maintain cleanliness at stores. First-time workers often receive jobs with the fast food restaurant, as basic jobs do not require applicants to possess previous experience. Hours typically prove flexible, and employees earn competitive base pay.
The family-focused fried chicken chain offers warm, inviting dining environments. The restaurant chain hires talented, highly motivated workers to offer friendly service with every interaction. Upper-level workers must tend to the needs of employees and customers and foster the positive environments Church’s Chicken boasts. Managers need to possess an innate ability to lead, multi-task, plan ahead, and empower fellow employees to succeed. Submit a hiring form to a local restaurant to begin the employment process.
Church’s Chicken Employment and Salary Information
Church’s Chicken offers wonderful work opportunities for entry-level workers and seasoned professionals alike. Job hopefuls may discover an array of part-time jobs and full-time careers across the network of locations. In-store career opportunities exist for team members and management. Team member jobs include cook and cashier. Skilled job hunters may discover management careers as market leader, manager, and assistant manager. The following provides in-depth detail on available positions:
- Cooks prepare chicken recipes and ensure proper food production.
- Specific responsibilities include pulling chicken from the coolers, breading chicken, and dropping and removing chicken from fryers.
- Church’s requires cooks to maintain clean and sanitary work environments at all times.
- Additionally, cooks must follow all health and safety guidelines set forth by the company.
- Base pay for cooks starts at minimum wage.
- Pay generally increases as associates grow with the company.
Cashier / Team Member
Job Description and Duties
- Ideal for entry-level and first-time job seekers, team member positions at Church’s Chicken provide a great introduction to working in the fast-food industry.
- As team members, Church’s employees learn to perform the work necessary to sustain daily operations in fast-food establishments.
- Workers operate cash registers, ring up customer orders, and serve drive-thru patrons.
- Team members also work in the kitchen operating grills, fryers, and other cooking equipment.
- Other job duties include cleaning work stations and dining rooms, sanitizing restrooms, and sweeping outdoor areas.
- Church’s Chicken imposes few employment requirements when hiring new team members.
- Essentially, Church’s representatives look to hire employees with friendly personalities, cooperative attitudes, and willingness to commit to flexible work schedules.
Salary and Compensation
- An hourly position, Church’s Chicken team members earn roughly minimum wage to start.
- With experience, hourly pay rates may increase up to $8.00 or $9.00.
- Motivated workers may advance into supervisory jobs or managerial careers, complete with extra benefits and salary options.
Job Description and Duties
- The basic job duties for Church’s Chicken managers revolve around entry-level employee supervision and administrative tasks.
- Responsibilities range from taking accurate inventory and enforcing health and safety codes and standards to hiring and training new workers, setting schedules, and processing payroll.
- Traditionally, Church’s Chicken managers work full-time or 40 hours per week.
- Applicants must hold some previous experience either in the fast food industry or as a manager for employment consideration.
- Workers must also stand at least 18 years of age at time of hire.
- Motivated, dedicated, hardworking, and professional attributes carry prospective Church’s Chicken managers far during the hiring and interview process.
Salary and Compensation
- Church’s Chicken managers receive compensation based on experience and time spent with the company.
- The average starting salary for assistant managers begins around $20,000 per year.
- General managers often receive between $30,000 and $40,000 annual salary.
- Church’s Chicken also hires supervisors in at $9.00 to $10.00 per hour.
Tips For Applying
Church’s Chicken applicants largely possess two options when declaring candidacy for jobs: apply online using a traditional electronic submission manager or pair LinkedIn accounts with the online application system and submit hiring forms prepopulated with data collected from the social media profiles. Some staffing agencies also outsource for employees to fill vacancies at the fast food chain. Any method garners prospective associates full review from management. Workers should sift through the available job titles for hire using the company online careers platform prior to submitting applications to ensure finding the right positions at desired locations. Individuals may apply for more than one job title at a time.
A majority of entry-level crew members spend less than a week interviewing for jobs after submitting hiring forms. Managers generally call qualified candidates back within a day or so of receiving completed employment forms and schedule interviews for shortly thereafter. In order to speed up the hiring process or follow up on application statuses, individuals may reach out to managers directly via telephone or visit preferred Church’s Chicken locations to inquire about the next steps in the process. Receiving a phone call to schedule an interview may negate the need to follow up on applications; however, job hopefuls who wait more than 24 hours should take the initiative and demonstrate persistent with a phone call or visit in the ensuing next couple of days.
Benefits of Working at Church’s Chicken
Church’s Chicken offers one of the most lucrative work benefits packages in the fast-food industry. Qualified team members earn benefits for health and wellness and future savings.
Health and wellness benefits include:
- Vision and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Prescription drug plans, and
- Employee assistance programs
Future saving benefits include 401(k) retirement plans and service rewards. The fast food company also offers paid vacations and holidays, short-and long-term disability, pre-paid legal insurance, and identity theft protection insurance. Crew members receive wonderful in-store discounts, as well.
More Info on Church’s Chicken
Due to global operations, Church’s Chicken takes an active role in giving back to communities and surrounding neighborhoods. The Church’s Partner Foundation Inc. assists employees in need and provides scholarships to college students. The company also funds organizations endeavoring to cure cancer, gives toys or necessary items to less privileged children, and encourages volunteerism from current employees.