Inexperienced workers and industry professionals alike regularly find meaningful opportunities for work through international movie theater chain Cinemark. The prominent company boasts nearly 500 theaters in a dozen countries and offers exciting career paths for motivated individuals.
Facts About Working at Cinemark
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Cinemark?)
Available Positions: Usher, Snack Bar Attendant, Ticket Booth Attendant, Cashier, Assistant Manager, Theater Manager
Printable Application: Yes. Print Cinemark application (PDF) or Search Job Openings.
Cinemark Employee Interview Videos
Cinemark Job Opportunities
Began in 1984, Cinemark offers world-class cinematic experiences through large theaters featuring state-of-the-art video and audio equipment. The chain plays popular movies made for both domestic and international audiences. As a diverse industry showcasing talents and artistic tastes spanning the globe, employees regularly encounter patrons from various walks of life. Customer service ranks as a high priority among management and staff. Applicants must demonstrate courteous, helpful, and attentive character traits in order to gain employment. Other abilities, such as learning quickly and adapting to fast-paced job settings, memorizing current showings, and answering questions about show times, theater amenities, and company policies, rank as highly sought-after qualities, as well.
Most Cinemark employees work in large teams to perform daily functions. At any given time, each theater may employ dozens of entry-level team members to carry out remedial tasks like projector operation or concessions sales. A majority of the employment opportunities available with the chain involve some manner of entry-level work centering on customer service or general facility maintenance. Managerial careers available ensure customer satisfaction, coordinate movie showings, and handle administrative tasks, like payroll, hiring, training, and ordering inventory.
Positions and Pay Scales for Cinemark
Employment in the movie theater industry represents an ideal way for inexperienced job seekers to build resumes or earn supplemental income. Many theaters pay for ongoing training, offer career development programs, and provide discounted admissions or concessions to current employees. The hiring age begins at 16 for many of the following jobs:
- The entry-level position of usher maintains several day-to-day functions.
- Primary responsibilities involve greeting customers, printing ticket stubs, directing patrons to theaters, explaining theater layouts, cleaning theaters between show times, and suggesting movie titles.
- Ushers walk theater aisles during movies to ensure safety and enjoyment of customers, as well.
- Ideal applicants include diligent, self-starting workers who personally enjoy cinematic experiences and providing exceptional guest care.
- The movie theater chain imposes no real hiring requirements for employment consideration.
- Most ushers make around minimum mage at time of hire.
- Employees falling under the concessions categories work multifaceted roles at Cinemark theaters.
- The job title usually includes preparing food and drinks for patrons, ringing up purchases, and general customer assistance regarding theater amenities and show times.
- Concessions associates must work quickly at all times.
- During slower hours, concessions workers often assist ushers in facility maintenance and sanitation.
- Concessions jobs pay minimum wage at start, with opportunities for raises based on work performance.
- With experience, entry-level Cinemark employees may receive promotion into various managerial roles.
- Applicants looking for management jobs outright must meet the minimum hiring age of 18 and hold high school diplomas, in most cases.
- However, younger, inexperienced job seekers may still take advantage of assistant manager positions.
- Managers look after the safety and overall guest experiences of customers in addition to supervising entry-level staffs.
- Workers must typically hold or offer some form of previous leadership experience.
- Previous or current employment with the movie theater chain often sets candidates apart for managerial jobs rather than general experience as supervisors or managers.
- Assistant managers may work part-time or full-time schedules, while general managers traditionally assume full-time roles.
- Holidays, weekends, and evenings generally prove mandatory.
- Pay scales begin at $10.00 per hour or so for assistant managers, while general managers regularly take in between $30,000 and $50,000 in annual salary options.
Tips For Applying
A large portion of the hiring process centers on questions regarding theater operations. Cinemark prides business on exceptional customer service. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly and adhere to company policies at all times. Several questions encountered regularly touch on daily procedures. Job seekers may respond to inquiries like, “If you are required to check each theater every thirty minutes and a movie playing is 128 minutes long, how many times do you check the theater?” Applicants who answer energetically and in positive manners generally gain employment over other candidates.
The movie theater chain primarily requires applicants to submit hiring forms in person at desired locations. In order to check on the status of an application, a job hopeful must follow up by calling or emailing desired locations directly. Paying personal visits to theater hiring managers also demonstrates furthered interests in gaining employment. The time between submission of hiring forms and contact from recruitment personnel usually only spans a couple of days, with most successful applicants contacted within a week of turning in the necessary employment forms.
Benefits of Working at Cinemark
Free or discounted admissions to movies serves as the main employment benefits extended to associates regardless of job status. Part-time, entry-level positions may also enjoy discounts on concessions. In order to qualify for work benefits packages, employees must work as managers. Job benefits become active thirty days after employment on the first of the month following the work anniversary. Typical employment benefits packages include:
- Paid vacation
- Life insurance plans
- Medical and dental coverage, and
- Prescription drug cards.
Associates over the age of 21 with tenures of more than 1,000 hours qualify for company-sponsored 401(k) retirement plans.
Further Details on Cinemark
While Cinemark stands most notable for showing popular films, the chain regularly shows select operas, concerts, and sporting events on the big screen. Locations may also bring back older films for special releases. Popular sporting events shown at participating locations include boxing matches and Olympic competition. The chain also rents out theater space for parties and social gatherings.