Specialty food retailer Cinnabon, known for signature, large cinnamon rolls, operates over 600 bakeries in the United States alone, typically in malls and kiosk locations. Applicants with a love of baking and interacting with the public find jobs readily available with the ever-expanding company.
Facts About Working at Cinnabon
Minimum Age to Work at Cinnabon: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Cinnabon?)
Cinnabon Hours of Operation: Typically: Mon-Thurs: 10:00am-9:00pm; Fri-Sat: 10:00am-9:30pm; Sun: 12:00pm-6:00pm
Available Positions at Cinnabon: Cashier, Team Member, Baker, Assistant Restaurant Manager, Restaurant Manager, Administrative Assistant, Training Specialist, Field Marketing Manager, Director of Retail Technology, Franchise Sales Manager
Cinnabon Job Opportunities
Headquartered north of Atlanta, GA, the bakery company continues to branch out with a line of products available in grocery, department, and specialty stores, as well. With such name-recognition and frequent expansion into new markets, the specialty food enterprise frequently needs to hire on new employees. Entry-level applicants typically enjoy work opportunities as cashiers, crew members, and sanitation specialists. An applicant with extensive experience in retail, food service, and hospitality, especially in leadership roles, may wish to apply for opportunities focusing on professional growth and development with Cinnabon.
Major qualifications generally include customer service experience. The ability to work adaptable schedules also helps candidates land jobs, which commonly feature varied hours and may require employees to remain available for early morning or weekend shifts. Interested candidates with backgrounds in food service prove valuable additions, while individuals with retail experience typically work effectively as cashiers and front counter members. Many teens and young adults use such positions as means to pay ways through school, genuine career starters, and even as resume builders.
Positions and Salary Information for Cinnabon
The bakery retailer requires candidates to stand at least 16 years of age for most entry-level jobs. Positions requiring the use of bakery equipment generally necessitate applicants to stand at 18 years old in order to comply with federal child labor laws. The most commonly available positions stand listed below:
- Working in both part-time and full-time capacities, crew members display exceptional customer service skills by putting the needs of the patron first, serving consistently presented and prepared foods, and representing company image and standards at all times.
- Employees must also learn to operate cash registers and accurately handle money when serving in front counter or cashier capacities.
- Crew members must show the ability to safely lift, carry, and stand for up to four hours at a time, especially for employees working in production.
- Starting wage usually rests around $9.00, while promotion into crew leader positions may lead to an increase in pay, as well.
- Sanitation specialists maintain store work environments, both inside and out, in order to keep locations clean, tidy, and in working order.
- Duties include mopping floors, cleaning and sanitizing break rooms, restrooms, and other work areas.
- In addition, employees must empty trash receptacles, replenish bathroom supplies, and assist in unloading deliveries and putting stock away.
- Sanitation specialist employees may earn minimum hourly wage to start and up to $8.50 an hour over time.
- No experience proves necessary for employment.
- Managers serve multiple roles in addition to supervising subordinate employees.
- Responsible for creating budgets, preparing payrolls, and producing profit and loss statements, managers provide most of the administrative work for each location.
- Other responsibilities include delegating work to employees, ordering, receiving, and ensuring minimum loss of products, and forecasting sales.
- While the company may prefer additional education, including college coursework or degrees, a high school diploma and up to four years of prior experience may also satisfy hiring requirements.
- Assistant managers make around $11.00 an hour and function in roles similar to managers in case of absence.
- A store manager may earn annual salary options up to $40,000, depending on location, tenure, and experience.
Tips For Applying
When applying for positions with Cinnabon job seekers should dress accordingly and prepare relevant hiring materials before filling out applications. Managers may view a prepared individual, one dressed in business-casual clothing, as more serious than less-organized candidates. Fill out the application utilizing a blue or black pen, completing all sections with current, concise, and correct information, and turn the form in promptly upon completion. When finished, attempt to hand the application directly to a manager in order to make a physical connection, including possible name-to-face recognition for later interview possibilities.
Cinnabon allows candidates for most entry-level jobs to utilize the company website to find a location nearby to fill out a paper application. The bakery retailer does not offer online applications; however, most managers respond to applications in timely fashions using phone or email to set up interviews with potential candidates within one to two weeks of applying. If so desired, candidates may wish to inquire about application status either in person or by phone. Remain aware of the busiest hours of desired storefronts and try to avoid contact at such times. The courtesy demonstrates respect for the business while still displaying genuine interest in employment.
Cinnabon Employee Benefits
Depending on the location and position for which individuals receive hire, employees may receive access to a variety of work benefits and programs. Most full-time associates qualify for health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision plans as well as prescription plans and flexible spending accounts. Other associates may earn employee discounts on purchases, paid uniforms, and reimbursements on required trainings. Other job benefits may include retirement options, such as enrollment in 401(k) retirement plans.
Additional Information about Cinnabon
Cinnabon works tirelessly with community organizers and charitable organizations to give back to surrounding areas served. One such outfit includes The DAISY Foundation. An acronym for Diseases Attacking the Immune System, the organization focuses on raising money and awareness for various auto-immune diseases and nurse appreciation. Since the inception of the program, more than 18,000 nurses and nearly 1,000 healthcare facilities received the DAISY Award recognizing the special works performed each day. Along with the DAISY Award, winners receive special gifts, such as Cinnabon rolls for the entire unit.