Cintas follows an interesting business model based on providing clients with a variety of services, such as renting out uniforms and cleaning buildings. Boasting an international presence, the company constantly needs innovative individuals to fill positions in varying specialties.
Facts About Working at Cintas
Minimum Age to Work at Cintas: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Cintas?)
Cintas Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri: 9:00am-9:00pm; Sat: 12:00pm-6:00pm; Sun: Closed
Available Positions at Cintas: Customer Service Representative, Sales Associate, Accountant, Accounts Recievable Clerk, Administrative Assistant, Assistant Store Manager, General Store Manager, Assistant Cleaning Specialist, Cleaning Specialist
Cintas Interview Videos
Cintas Job Opportunities
Though the comprehensive service provider only owns about 430 facilities in North America, Europe, Latin America, and Asia, the company serves over 900,000 businesses and employs over 30,000 people. Ambitious, team-oriented workers may find employment with the service provider lucrative and fulfilling. Cintas refers to employees as partners and focuses efforts on the well-being and retention of staff. Entry-level workers often receive opportunities to grow along with the company, and the corporate office advocates the importance of promoting from within. Additionally, the services provider implements specialized hiring practices which target recent college graduates and military veterans.
As a unique corporation, Cintas requires diverse job prospects to fill entry-level positions and specialized jobs. The four main components of the business include sales, service, operations, and field support. Sales representatives visit clients and recommend products designed to make everyday office work safer and more efficient. Service men and women perform upkeep on products already issued to customers and may possess specialization in sanitation, fire safety, and other fields. Jobs available in the operations department include inspectors, barcoders, and other similar positions. Staff in field support often work as managers and team leaders. A working knowledge of marketing, technology, finance, and any number of topics important to running a business also provides candidates favor with hiring personnel.
Cintas Positions and Salary Information
Individuals interested in applying for office jobs with Cintas may stand as young as 18 years of age and still receive consideration. However, candidates desiring jobs entailing risky field work often face stricter age regulations. Interested individuals with prior employment experience in similar or relevant areas of work may receive preference during the hiring process. The following positions give job prospects an idea of the diverse entry-level work available with the company:
Fire Service Manager
- Full-time employees garnering average hourly wages of $17.00, fire service managers work in the Cintas fire protection division.
- While previous experience managing a team and knowledge about fire safety and technology remain preferred, candidates without experience remain welcome to apply, as well.
- Interested individuals must possess active driver’s licenses and stand 21 years of age.
- After gaining employment, fire service managers must obtain medical certification from the Department of Transportation.
- The basic duties of the position include managing fire-installation projects, maintaining relationships with customers, leading teams of installers by example, and ensuring equipment remains in good condition through travel and set up.
Assistant Cleaning Specialist
- Cintas cleaning specialists often focus on one aspect of a building.
- Floor cleaning specialists, for example, maintain responsibility for sanitizing restrooms, kitchens, carpets, welcome mats, and other designated areas.
- Assistant cleaning specialists work under hectic and nontraditional schedules and should possess open availability, as cleaning frequency stands dictated by the clients.
- Businesses may request cleaning teams perform duties on weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly bases.
- The position remains full-time and individuals receive hourly wages of about $15.00.
Tips For Applying
Applicant screening takes place online through the job platform accessible on the company website. Interested individuals must create profiles in order to apply for positions. Once the usernames and passwords receive approval, users may being the application process. Candidates maintain the option of filling out application forms manually or uploading resumes and letting the computer fill in appropriate fields based on the information provided. Individuals should always double-check applications for accuracy before submitting.
Due to the volume of submissions, hiring personnel at Cintas remain unable to contact every job applicant. The hiring process takes about three to six weeks to reach completion; however, individuals wishing to boost visibility within the pool of candidates or check on the status of applications may call or email staff any time after submitting. Candidates should keep inquires polite and remain respectful of the time of the hiring manager. Conducting communications in a professional manner sheds a favorable light on applicants.
Benefits of Working at Cintas
The well-being of full- and part-time employees remains a top priority at Cintas. Job benefit packages reflect the dedication of the company accordingly. Medical insurance covers prescription drug costs, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, accidental death or dismemberment insurance, and flexible spending accounts. Additionally:
- 401(k) plans with company match
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Sick leave
- Military leave
- Bereavement with pay, and
- Jury duty or court appearance with pay remain available to eligible employees.
More Information on Cintas
Cintas maintains a longstanding relationship with the non-profit, interfaith ministry called Matthew 25: Ministries. Through programs hosted by the ministry, such as Clothing a Needy World and Cleaner World…Healthier Kids, the comprehensive service provider accounts for over 12 million pounds of products donated. Donations include clothing, sewing machines, soap, medicine, school supplies, and other essentials. The company also supports organizations battling domestic abuse and serious medical conditions.