The expansive network of Circle K stores reaches in excess of 3,000 domestic locations and upwards of 10,000 total retail outlets around the world. Job seekers should encounter little resistance in finding meaningful part-time and full-time employment with the prominent chain of service stations.
Facts About Working at Circle K
Minimum Age to Work at Circle K: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Circle K?)
Circle K Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at Circle K: Customer Service Representative, Gas Station Attendant, Customer Service Representative Leader, Inventory Associate, Assistant Manager, Manager, Marketing Manager, Finance Manager, Financial Analyst, Inventory Auditor, Refrigeration Technician, Maintenance Technician, Franchise Development Manager
Circle K Interview Videos
Circle K Job Prospects
Began in the American Southwest in the late 1950s, Circle K enjoyed several spurts of growth as a business over the years and operates as a multibillion-dollar corporation employing tens of thousands of entry-level associates and industry professionals globally. The most accessible opportunities for work include part-time attendant jobs at company-owned and franchised fueling stations. The split-style business models allow for employees to work strictly as retail associates or in dual roles as customer service representatives responsible for maintenance, cashiering, stocking, and general patron assistance.
Careers available at the store level include part-time and full-time leadership roles. While most entry-level Circle K jobs only require applicants to meet the minimum hiring age of 18, candidates in search of supervisory or managerial roles must often hold high school diplomas or GED equivalents at minimum and some recent experience in either retail or gas station settings. Long nights, irregular hours, and varying shifts prove common for employees of the gas station chain. Opportunities for advancement, regular hours, and increases in pay remain available to workers putting forth extra effort and demonstrating personable, outgoing attributes.
Circle K Salary and Employment Information
Circle K new-hires typically start out as entry-level, part-time employees. Workers with experience may immediately move into full-time roles or managerial careers; however, the chain historically promotes associates from lower ranks to fill supervisory jobs. Motivated employment hunters may take interest in the following lines of work:
Customer Service Representative
- The leading gas station chain prefers to hire individuals with retail experience into customer service representative positions.
- However, inexperienced workers regularly report gaining employment in the role.
- Primary functions include operating cash registers, completing transactions, cleaning and organizing store shelves and station facilities, and interfacing with patrons.
- Customer service representatives must work quickly and efficiently and maintain positive and upbeat attitudes at all times.
- Hiring personnel typically look for prospective hires with bright smiles and dedication.
- Open availability also assists candidates in search of customer-centric roles.
- Pay scales begin around minimum wage and increase over time.
- Gas station management requires tenacious individuals able to connect with customers and maintain organized, profitable retail outlets.
- Hiring employees, setting schedules, ordering merchandise, reporting sales, driving operations goals, and assisting customers serve as typical daily responsibilities held by fueling station managers.
- Positions available include lead customer service representative, assistant manager, and store manager job titles.
- Workers may fill both part-time and full-time roles upon hire.
- Hours available generally depend on experience and time spent with the company.
- Managers must hold at least high school educations. Starting pay begins around $10.00 an hour for lead customer service representatives and rise to $11.00 or $12.00 hourly for assistant managers.
- Store managers often receive annual salary options falling between $30,000 and $40,000.
Tips For Applying
Energetic and personable demeanors best serve individuals in search of Circle K jobs. Applicants should use the hiring process to express interest in working for the gas station chain. Experience in the industry, specifically sales and customer service, often benefits candidates the most. Job seekers may still find work without experience; however, open availability regularly dictates employment eligibility.
Candidates find success filling out application forms online and in person. The process of reviewing applicant information may take anywhere from a day to a couple of weeks. In most cases, hiring personnel contact eligible workers to set up interviews within a week’s time. The most common method used in reaching out to prospective hires includes callbacks by telephone. Prior to hearing back from the gas station chain, workers may telephone or email managers directly to check on the statuses of applications. In-person visits also serve candidates well and serve as excellent opportunities to personally express hopes for employment.
Benefits of Working at Circle K
As a major chain extending throughout much of the world, Circle K gives back to employees and provides comprehensive work benefits packages to eligible associates. In addition to competitive base pay and opportunities for career advancement, qualified employees receive:
- Dental and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off
- Tuition assistance, and
- Retail discounts
Eligibility requirements and availability may vary by franchise.
Further Information on Circle K
Circle K gas stations and retail outlets offer similar amenities as many other large fueling station chains. Customers may purchase food and drinks, miscellaneous household, travel, and automotive supplies, and fuel. Most locations also feature in-house ATMs. Patrons may also take advantage of money-order services available at checkout counters. Loadable gift cards remain popular among customers, as the cards allow for reloadable denominations of any amount.