Located along the Las Vegas Strip, Circus Circus operates as a popular hotel boasting over 3,700 rooms, nearly a dozen restaurants, three entertainment venues, and casinos. Work hopefuls may choose from hundreds of jobs spanning gaming operations to housekeeping and guest services.
Facts About Working at Circus Circus
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Circus Circus?)
Available Positions: Poker Dealer, Bar Porter, Food Cashier, Food Server, Security Officer, Valet Parking Attendant, Room Reservations Clerk, Dancer, Table Game Dealer, Door Host, Line Cook, Prep Cook, Executive Chef, Assistant Manager, Ride Attraction Attendant, Service Bar Bartender, Carpet Layer, Casino Accounting Supervisor, Catering Coordinator, Fountain Worker, Front Desk Clerk, Guest Room Attendant, Entertainment Technician, Maintenance Technician, Lifeguard, Ride Mechanic, Pit Clerk, Room Reservations Supervisor, Slot Ambassador
Circus Circus Job Opportunities
Warm weather, bustling shopping and entertainment districts, and thousands of opportunities for entry-level and career-level employment consistently draw interested applicants to the Las Vegas Strip and surrounding areas to find work. Hotels like Circus Circus provide excellent career potential in a variety of industries and professions. The prominent and storied hotel maintains year-round operations, with travelers flying in from all over the world to gamble, eat well, or simply relax poolside. Prospective workers need patience and exceptional interpersonal abilities, as typical job settings may prove overwhelming due to the sheer volumes of customers entertained by the hotel. Employees must perform well in fast-paced and lively surroundings, both independently and as part of teams, for employment consideration.
The diversity of services and amenities available to Circus Circus guests require staffs of considerable size to ensure patrons receive the appropriate care needed for enjoyable stays. The hotel bases operations on the fun and excitement of big-top circuses, as suggested by the company name. Many positions require associates to don costumes or perform throughout each given day. Professional attitudes toward work and the ability to make guests feel at home rank high among the most common desired traits in new-hires. The casino and resort also examines candidate trustworthiness and reliability prior to making final hiring decisions.
Circus Circus Employment Prospects and Salary Information
Hiring takes place on a near-constant basis for part-time and full-time roles throughout the casino. Most readily, workers find jobs on the game room floors, in the many restaurants onsite, or as part of concierge services. While the minimum hiring age rests at 18 for entry-level roles, workers typically need related backgrounds and high school educations for employment consideration. Drug screenings and backgrounds checks also prove necessary for most jobs. The following list outlines some of the most popular job titles:
- As part of guest services, bellperson jobs primarily consist of greeting patrons, carrying luggage to rooms, and answering questions regarding hotel amenities, grounds, and entertainment.
- Job duties also extend into cleaning and organizing front desk areas and delivering periodicals and other items, such as magazines, books, towels, or food, to rooms upon guest request.
- Bellpersons may work all hours of the day and night, with hours typically falling under on-call status.
- Applicants must hold at least six months of experience and the ability to speak English comfortably.
- Base pay hovers around $12.00 per hour for the entry-level position, with annual salary options topping out around $36,000.
Guest Room Attendant
- Another entry-level position, the job title of guest room attendant requires six months of previous housekeeping experience, in-depth knowledge of cleaning equipment, including safe and proper uses, and dedicated work ethics.
- Guest room attendants work alone as well as with other housekeeping staff.
- During a typical shift, the average guest room attendant cleans upwards of 10 to 12 rooms and interacts with hotel patrons.
- Workers must possess the physical stamina and strength to push cleaning carts from room to room in addition to bending, scrubbing, and reaching to perform mostly labor-intensive duties.
- Billed as hourly jobs, guest room attendant positions pay between $12.00 and $13.00 at start.
- Like bellpersons, guest room attendants historically remain on-call.
Room Reservations Clerk
- Available in both part-time and full-time capacities, room reservation clerk jobs involve booking stays for hotel guests.
- Responsibilities require the use of telephones and computers to carry out assigned tasks.
- Workers must also possess bi- or multilingual abilities in order to effectively connect with international guests as well as domestic travelers.
- Excellent sales abilities also benefit prospective associates, as the hotel expects room reservation clerks to upsell rooms, services, and amenities whenever possible.
- Applicants must also meet the minimum requirement of at least one year of related experience.
- Most room reservation clerks earn well above minimum wage, with starting pay beginning around $14.00 or $15.00 an hour and rising to more than $18.00 with experience.
Tips For Applying
In order to bolster prospects of employment, workers should possess experience related to positions desired. Recruitment personnel usually look for specific backgrounds relevant to available jobs when considering applications. Individuals with unrelated professional experience may use volunteer efforts on official employment forms; however, the hotel may give preference to candidates with professional work histories. Energetic and fun-loving yet motivated applicants also perform well during the hiring process.
Applicants must set up user profiles through parent company MGM Resorts International careers page to submit employment documents. After completing the hiring form for a specific position, each job hopeful may log back in and check on the status of an outstanding application. The online application system usually sends a stock confirmation email signaling official receipt of submitted hiring forms. Aspiring employees may also call or email casino personnel to check on employment statuses.
Benefits of Working for Circus Circus
Through parent company MGM, Circus Circus offers employees excellent job benefits packages. In addition to competitive salary options and lively work environments, associates receive paid training, career advancement opportunities, and discounts on hotel amenities, services, and entertainment.
Eligible employees also receive:
- Healthcare coverage
- 401(k) retirement plans, and
- Life insurance options.
Outside applicants may take advantage of relocation job benefits, with adoption assistance available, as well.
More Information on Circus Circus
Circus Circus boasts a five-acre indoor amusement park called Adventuredome, aptly named for the shape of the complex. Sitting on the same grounds as the hotel and casino, the theme park first opened in 1993. Adventuredome features two roller coasters and around 30 other attractions. Guests may purchase all-day passes or individual ride passes for the larger attractions. During the fall, the amusement park transforms into a haunted attraction called Fright Dome. Adventuredome remains open year-round.