An urban fashion retailer with more than 500 locations nationwide, Citi Trends employs approximately 2,500 associates to provide customer service and perform routine tasks. The company provides entry-level jobs on par with the rest of the retail industry and invites inexperienced job seekers to take up sales associate positions.
Facts About Working at Citi Trends
Minimum Age to Work at Citi Trends: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Citi Trends?)
Citi Trends Hours of Operation: Open every day: 9:00am-9:00pm
Available Positions at Citi Trends: Cashier, Stock Associate, Sales Associate, Merchandise Handler, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager
Citi Trends Employee Interview Videos
Job Opportunities at Citi Trends
Retail employees must relate to customers, provide product knowledge, and administer excellent service. Applicants should demonstrate dependable work ethics during the hiring process in order to make solid impressions on managers. Entry-level employment typically involves assuming the position of sales associate, and many first-time job seekers obtain valuable retail and customer service experience working at Citi Trends locations. Some employees may even take advantage of career advancement opportunities leading to supervisory and eventually management job titles.
Careers as assistant store managers and store managers remain readily available for aspiring professionals. Entry-level management jobs, such as assistant manager, typically require associates to hold six months to one year of retail experience. Retail supervisors need to possess great communication skills and excellent customer service abilities. Store manager hopefuls must prove well-versed in retail atmospheres, marketing, and administration in order to lead stores and teams of employees to success.
Citi Trends Positions and Salary Information
Citi Trends frequently needs entry-level workers to fill part-time jobs in stores across the country. The company must also hire full-time associates to staff a number of managerial job titles. Managers must hold high school diplomas and possess two or three years of retail experience. Applicants 16 and over may apply online for entry-level City Trends jobs; however, the retailer prefers to hire candidates who already earned high school diplomas or the equivalent and may give preferential treatment to applicants who stand 18 years or older. The following job titles often become available for aspiring retail workers:
Job Description and Duties
- Nationwide fashion retail store Citi Trends hires entry-level sales associates on a regular basis.
- Prospective employees must hold at least a high school diploma or equivalent in order to gain employment.
- Applicants must also possess the ability to work flexible schedules, including nights and weekend.
- Excellent communication skills, knowledge of the fashion industry, and the ability to perform basic math computations benefit aspiring sales associates, as well.
- The minimum hiring age for employment consideration falls at 16.
- Typical job duties include engaging customers, suggesting fashions, retrieving merchandise from shelves and backrooms, and operating cash registers.
- Additional job responsibilities involve answering questions about merchandise, policies and services and assisting in opening and closing procedures.
Salary and Compensation
- Citi Trends sales associates receive generous discounts on merchandise and paid training.
- Workers also enjoy competitive pay scales.
- Most Citi Trends sales associates earn minimum wage pay at start.
- Experienced employees often earn in upwards of $8.00 or $9.00 per hour.
- Citi Trends offers several avenues for promotion into managerial careers featuring lucrative salary options and access to work benefits, such as 401(k) retirement plans, paid time off, and healthcare coverage.
- The addition of new stores and distribution centers facilitates numerous employment opportunities for entry-level workers and career professionals alike.
Job Description and Duties
- Career professionals searching for work in the fashion retail industry may take interest in Citi Trends manager jobs.
- The nationwide retailer requires applicants to stand at least 18 years of age in order to gain employment.
- Workers must possess at least a high school diploma or equivalent, excellent communication skills, and the ability to delegate.
- Primary job duties of Citi Trends managers include hiring, training, scheduling, and supervising entry-level workers.
- Responsibilities also include maintaining inventory, processing payroll, driving sales goals, and performing opening and closing procedures.
- Strong work ethics and professional demeanors often aid prospective managers during the hiring process.
- Citi Trends may require applicants pass drug screening and background checks.
Salary and Compensation
- Citi Trends hires both assistant managers and store managers at retail locations.
- Pay scales for assistant managers begin around $10.00 per hour for 2nd assistant managers and ranges up to $12.00 an hour for 1st assistant managers.
- Citi Trends store managers receive an average of $40,000 annual salary, with experienced managers receiving in upwards of $50,000 or more per year.
- In addition to competitive pay, Citi Trends managerial positions provide sound employment benefits, such as discounts on merchandise, healthcare options, and 401(k) retirement plans.
Tips For Applying
Workers access a helpful job search interface on the Citi Trends jobs page. Employment seekers discover job vacancies by entering specific keywords or locations into the spaces provided. Job seekers commence the online application process after finding available positions and clicking Apply. Before beginning the application, workers must create personalized usernames and passwords. Candidates may also choose to create accounts by logging in with social media accounts such as LinkedIn, Google Plus, or Facebook. After creating user profiles, applicants may upload resumes, enter contact information, specify level of education, and indicate job history. The retailer typically requires applicants to complete and pass pre-employment exams as part of the application process, as well.
Applicants often wait one to three weeks before hearing from hiring managers about commencing formal hiring procedures. Employment officials generally contact promising applicants via phone. Due to the varying length of the hiring process, applicants may find following up via telephone or in-person a few days after submitting applications helpful. Aspiring workers who follow up in person should don similar attire to current employees to demonstrate readiness to work. When in doubt on what to wear, business casual apparel generally proves appropriate for follow-up visits. Applicants should stop by stores during slower business hours and endeavor to speak directly with hiring managers about the application status. Additionally, candidates should express excitement at the prospect of working at Citi Trends.
Benefits of Working at Citi Trends
Qualified associates and entry-level employees receive a wide array of Citi Trends job benefits, as the retailer offers quality benefits to all qualified workers. Flexible scheduling, paid training opportunities, and career growth potential add to fun and exciting work environments.
- Employee benefits also include future planning assistance, such as 401(k) retirement plans with company matching and insurance coverage.
- Eligible associates may also receive health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Additional job benefits include paid time off, employee discounts, and employee referral bonuses.
Additional Information on Citi Trends
Citi Trends associates enjoy lively and often fast-paced work environments. Keeping the massive inventory of the retailer organized proves a large part of entry-level jobs, and associates continually stock merchandise when not interacting with customers. In order to move products, the fashion retailer often sells items for 50% to 70% off original retail value. The heavily discounted clothing brings in large numbers of customers, and employees often cite assisting patrons as the most gratifying part of the job.