With roughly 1,900 store locations in the United States and an established presence in 95% of American shopping malls, Claire's offers easily accessible employment opportunities for entry-level candidates pursuing jobs in fashion retail. Workers find opportunities for part-time and full-time positions online.
Facts About Working at Claire's
Minimum Age to Work at Claire's: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Claire's?)
Claire's Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-6:00pm
Available Positions at Claire's: Cashier, Sales Associate, Keyholder, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Retail Manager
Claire’s Employee Interview Videos
Claire’s Job Opportunities
The specialty retailer seeks upbeat, helpful individuals to fill jobs on the store level. Claire’s store associates should possess interpersonal communication and guest service skills as well as an aptitude for selling. The company primarily hires entry-level workers to fill sales associate jobs, which in most cases do not necessitate previous work experience. A well-developed training program equips promising employees with all the working skills necessary to complete daily tasks. In turn, crew members enjoy flexible hours and industry standard pay.
Career-oriented workers may find opportunities as shift leaders, assistant managers, and store managers with Claire’s. The retailer frequently posts managerial job vacancies on the company website in search of experienced retail professionals. Store success typically rests on the manager’s ability to develop a great team of employees and drive sales to increase profits. Lengthy managerial job descriptions call for upper-level associates to receive competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits packages, and store discounts.
Claire’s Positions and Salary Information
Claire’s offers applicants 16 and older exciting employment opportunities in retail. Entry-level job seekers often apply in person, while full-time industry professionals typically find job vacancies and submit applications online. The retail company regularly needs to staff the following retail jobs:
Job Description and Duties
- Sales associates at Claire’s support the management team and help achieve store goals relating to sales and customer service.
- Primary job duties include answering customer inquiries, locating merchandise for shoppers, making product recommendations, and ringing up customer purchases.
- Sales associates also perform ear piercings, stock items on shelves, organize inventory, and clean store locations.
- The entry-level position carries no formal hiring requirements, although previous retail experience may prove helpful in securing employment.
- Applicants must stand at least 16 years of age to work at Claire’s.
- Prospective workers should possess strong communication skills, friendly and outgoing demeanors, and knowledge of current fashion accessory trends.
Salary and Compensation
- Starting pay for new-hires typically hovers around minimum wage.
- With experience, pay rates may increase to $8.00 or $9.00 an hour.
- Claire’s sales associates also enjoy access to various employee benefits like fun work environments, merchandise discounts, and opportunities for career development.
- Entry-level sales associates often advance into store management positions featuring competitive salary options and comprehensive work benefits packages.
- Another entry-level position, Claire’s key holders assist customers and organize displays.
- Employees also act as sales leaders and assume management duties in the absence of a supervisor.
- Key holder associates possess strong leadership qualities and exude courteous attitudes.
- Key holders typically earn hourly pay between $8.00 and $10.00.
Job Description and Duties
- Claire’s managers oversee all aspects of daily store operations.
- The management team implements selling strategies, analyzes budgets and sales reports, maintains inventory levels, creates work schedules for store associates, and ensures storewide customer satisfaction.
- Other job responsibilities include hiring and training entry-level workers, processing payroll, and interacting with corporate officials.
- Prospective managers must hold high school diplomas.
- Claire’s hiring personnel often prefer managerial candidates hold relevant college degrees, as well.
- Previous retail management experience also ranks among the key requirements for employment consideration.
- Applicants need to demonstrate exceptional communication, leadership, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ideal candidates possess highly developed senses of fashion and extensive knowledge of current styles and trends.
- Management positions also require the ability to work full-time schedules, often featuring night, weekend, and holiday hours.
Salary and Compensation
- Annual salary options for Claire’s managers vary according to job title and experience.
- Assistant managers typically earn between $20,000 and $30,000 per year, while store managers often make in upwards of $40,000 annually.
- In addition to competitive pay, management careers at Claire’s include several enticing employee benefits.
- Qualified managerial workers gain access to healthcare coverage, dental and vision plans, and life insurance options.
- Claire’s also provides eligible employees with paid time off, merchandise discounts, and 401(k) retirement plans.
Tips For Applying
Most entry-level sales associates apply in person. Workers ask for applications in store and complete the form by yielding contact information, availability, work experience, and references. Applicants also answer several situational questions for hiring managers to gain insight into applicant personalities. Ensure neat handwriting, complete sentences, and accurate information throughout the application. Workers vying for upper-level positions discover openings online and submit applications through the company career portal. Applicants must create personalized profiles on the Claire’s website in order to commence the application process. Upper-level applicants may also need to submit resumes and cover letters designating special skills and past retail management experience. Submit an application online to commence a straightforward hiring process with the successful accessory, cosmetics, and jewelry retailer.
After submitting applications, job hopefuls should give managers at least one week to review hiring requests before following up. Claire’s recruitment personnel generally contact suitable candidates by phone within a few days of receiving applications. Applicants may want to consider following up on the status of the application if hiring managers do not initiate contact within seven to ten days. Visiting the store of desired employment proves one tactic of follow up; however, aspiring workers should choose slower business hours when following up in person, as managers may not have the time to discuss the application during rushes. Checking in on the status of the application via telephone may also prove beneficial for applicants. Reiterate desire to work for the company when speaking with managers and politely ask how to proceed with the hiring process.
Benefits of Working at Claire’s
Claire’s offers all associates exceptional working conditions and quality job benefits. Entry-level workers receive competitive base pay and full-time team members enjoy generous salary options. Jobs feature fun and fast-paced work environments, flexible scheduling, paid training programs, and career growth potential. The retailer extends attractive benefits packages to qualified employees, including future planning benefits, insurance coverage, and health and wellness programs. Future planning benefits offered to qualified associates include income protection programs and company-matched 401(k) retirement plans. Insurance coverage for eligible workers includes:
- Dental and vision plans
- Accidental death insurance, and
- Life insurance.
Paid time off, including paid vacation, holiday pay, and sick leave also exist for employees, as well.
Additional Information on Claire’s
Ear piercing proves one of the most popular services Claire’s provides. In fact, research shows the company pierces more ears than any other retailer on the market. The retailer mandates each employee pass a written test before commencing work and ear piercing. The company also ensures all piercing equipment and piercing earrings meet FDA specifications for customer peace of mind. The retailer proves a great start for workers seeking a career in fashion, retail, or even the tattoo and piercing industry.