Clarion Hotel operates over 250 locations worldwide and hires workers with diverse skill sets to fill available positions. Entry-level job seekers and seasoned career professionals alike may find fulfilling employment in full-time and part-time capacities with the company.
Facts About Working at Clarion
Minimum Age to Work at Clarion: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Clarion Hotel?)
Clarion Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at Clarion: Guest Services Associate, Housekeeper, Laundry Attendant, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Supervisor, Night Auditor, Administrative Assistant, Project Manager, Business Analyst, Human Resources Manager, Support Supervisor, Customer Relations Specialist, Bilingual Customer Relations Specialist, Technical Analyst, Payroll Supervisor, Legal Specialist, Inside Sales Specialist
Clarion Job Opportunities
As with any successful hotel, Clarion needs large numbers of job seekers to perform the various duties necessary for smooth operations. From entry-level positions, such as housekeepers and servers, to trade positions in maintenance, the hotel seeks individuals with assorted employment histories to work for the company. Individuals with experience in foodservice, retail, management, hospitality, or customer service may receive preference from hiring managers for available jobs. Additionally, the company supports promotion from within, so individuals who gain hire into entry-level positions may obtain opportunities to cultivate long-lasting careers.
Job seekers possessing little-to-no work experience may earn consideration for employment, as well. The ability to demonstrate commitment to Clarion values, for example, may gain candidates favor for hire. Each location cultivates environments wherein workers should believe in collaboration, performance excellence, innovation, inclusion and diversity, integrity, customer focus, respect, and accountability. Furthermore, knowledge of the history and culture of the company inspires favorable responses from hiring personnel.
Clarion Positions and Salary Information
Due to the bustling hotel environments and the sale of alcohol and tobacco on the premises, the minimum hiring age for Clarion jobs sits at 18 years. Most positions require candidates to hold high school diplomas or equivalents and availability for early morning, late night, holiday, and weekend shifts. Positions with few other hiring provisions easily obtained by entry-level workers include:
- Though housekeepers rarely interact with guests directly, the individuals filling housekeeper positions play important parts in cultivating positive experiences at Clarion.
- As the position requires frequent standing, bending, squatting, pushing, lifting, and other strenuous activities, interested job candidates should prove physically capable of performing essential tasks.
- Housekeepers regularly prepare rooms for incoming guests, replenish toiletries and other essentials, clean bathrooms, make beds, collect dirty linens for laundering, vacuum floors, and respond to the specific cleaning preferences of guests.
- Available in full-time and part-time capacities, housekeeper jobs typically pay minimum wage.
- Working in hotel restaurants and cafes, servers need to hold histories of employment in the foodservice industry.
- Typically available as full-time or part-time job commitments, server positions feature pay rates falling between $4.00 and $5.00 along with customer gratuities.
- Over the course of work shifts, servers must answer guest questions about menu items, make recommendations, take drink and food orders, accurately convey orders to cooks, frequently check up on guests, and process payments.
- As servers consistently move around, interested job seekers should maintain the ability to work on foot for the duration of shifts.
Front Desk Representative
- Responsible for the overall impressions left on guests, front desk representatives must remain friendly and gracious in any given situation.
- Individuals with proven customer service abilities, outgoing dispositions, and physical capabilities of standing for hours at a time typically earn favor for hire into front desk positions.
- Duties include greeting customers upon entrance, performing check-in and check-out procedures, answering phone calls, transferring calls to appropriate personnel, handling reservations, maintaining accurate listings of vacant rooms, and answering guest questions or directing inquiries to the proper personnel.
- Front desk representatives garner average hourly wages between $10.00 and $11.00.
Tips For Applying
Prospective employees may access available jobs through the careers section of the company website. Since the hotel chain operates as a subsidiary of Choice Hotels International, candidates should make sure to select Clarion jobs before applying. Individuals must create accounts in order to submit applications, and preemptively collecting the necessary information about employment histories, education backgrounds, and references may expedite the process. Applicants must add resumes, as well, and should consider reworking the hiring document to highlight relevant experience and skills before uploading.
Online applicants should save login information, as the career profiles allow individuals to check on application statuses at any time. All past and pending applications remain stored under the career tools tab. If job candidates wish to contact hiring managers directly, calling, visiting, or emailing the applicable hotel location represent viable options. Job seekers should remember to conduct inquiries politely, professionally, and with respect for the time of hiring personnel.
Benefits of Working at Clarion
Clarion associates enjoy competitive salary options, paid training, and scheduling flexibility. Additionally, parent company Choice Hotels International provides workers with extensive employee benefits packages. Company healthcare coverage includes medical, dental, and vision plans as well as life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and disability. Other job benefits include:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Paid time off
- Adoption assistance
- Holiday pay, and
- Associate discounts.
More Information on Clarion
The corporation practices philanthropy through the funds of the Choice Hotels International Foundation, which gives back in surrounding communities and preferences causes supporting hunger relief, access to clothing and shelter, education, and hospitalization. Clarion helps by giving money, encouraging associates to volunteer time, and providing scholarship opportunities to college students. The program matches contributions made by employees and outside donors.