A premiere global fashion retailer, Club Monaco offers high-end clothing at affordable prices. Operating over 150 locations and rapidly growing, the brand continually screens and hires new team members. Stores offer an array of jobs for part-time workers and several full-time positions, as well.
Facts About Working at Club Monaco
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Club Monaco?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Merchandise Handler, Key Holder, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Designer, Sales Director, Securiy Director, Finance Manager, Sourcing Analyst, Product Manager, Marketing Coordinator
Club Monaco Job Opportunities
The retailer appeals to the creative consumer and looks for associates with the same creative mindsets. Store employees need strong fashion senses and the ability to combine different items to create tasteful looks. Working for a fashion-forward chain, employees should understand the fashion industry and follow current trends. Associates represent the brand, and workers should exhibit the Club Monaco sophisticated city-casual style. Additionally, team members should possess helpful, customer-focused attitudes and passion for success.
Associates enjoy lively work environments and fun interactions with coworkers and guests alike. Many stores operate inside of malls, which adds excitement. Most positions at the store level serve as part-time hourly work. Areas of employment include customer care, stock and replenishment, and visual merchandising. Career-minded individuals may take interest in managerial roles, like key holder, assistant manager, and store manager.
Club Monaco Positions and Salary Information
Club Monaco typically sets the minimum hiring age at 18 years old; however, age requirements for work may vary by location. As an upscale fashion retailer hiring and maintaining top talent, Club Monaco compensates workers with pay above the industry average. The following describes some of the main positions available at the store level and the average pay associates receive:
- Sales associates serve customers on the sales floor and strive for sales and store profitability goals.
- In charge of total customer care, sales associates fulfill customer needs and requests in prompt and professional manners.
- Also referred to as stylists, associates provide detailed product knowledge and make fashion recommendations based on customer wants and needs.
- Stylists promote new products and explain how the items enhance or accentuate previous purchases.
- Regular folding, cleaning, and vacuuming also serve as part of the job.
- The role does not require past work experience as long as job hopefuls show drive to achieve goals and possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Sales associates generally make about $10.50 an hour.
- Stock associates manage physical merchandise on the sales floor and in back stock areas.
- Essential duties include processing shipments, arranging merchandise in the stock area, and maintaining awareness of merchandises levels and replenishment needs.
- Stock workers also complete transfers, markdowns, and consolidations in order to maintain steady flows of merchandise.
- Applicants should possess interpersonal communication skills, time management skills, and the ability to pack, unpack, and move stock.
- Stock associates tend to make between $10.00 and $12.00 per hour
- Also called a visual flip associate, a visual associate works with management to create a sensory pleasing environment to entice shopping.
- Working within merchandising guidelines, visual flip associates support brand integrity by arranging products, executing window changes, and styling mannequins.
- Typically once a season, visual associates conduct entire store flips where visual presentation changes dramatically.
- The team members also alert management to store visual differences, such as malfunctioning lighting fixtures.
- The store usually hires visual associates with one or two years of experience.
- Visual associates typically earn about $12.00 hourly.
- As store leaders, key holders drive sales and maintain strong customer relations.
- To ensure steady operations, key holders monitor daily sales numbers, ensure team compliance with polices and procedures, and support the customer experience.
- Partially in charge of talent development, key holders provide initial training and ongoing coaching of staff.
- Key holders also carry full opening or closing responsibilities, depending on shift assigned.
- Key holders generally need to possess one year of experience in order to receive hiring consideration.
- As a leadership role, the position of key holder pays more than typical entry-level jobs within the chain.
- The job often pays hourly rates between $12.00 and $17.00.
Tips For Applying
Individuals seeking hourly stores jobs may apply by submitting paper applications in person. When picking up or dropping off an application, make sure to dress stylishly, as looking put together may increase hiring chances. Additionally, wearing brand clothing looks even better to the potential employer. When dropping of the application, ask to hand the form to a manager on duty. The hiring and evaluation process moves quickly at the store, and applicants want to build rapport with store managers as early as possible. Giving a manger a face to connect to the application improves chances of standing out from other candidates.
Applicants may set up job accounts before applying and then sign into profiles to check on hiring statuses. Candidates who chose to apply without creating job profiles may inquire about application status by calling the stores for desired work and speaking to managers. If calling a store, remain mindful of the manager schedules and keep conversations brief. Use the call to express enthusiasm for working with the brand and then inquire about hiring status. The brand conducts hiring relatively quickly and usually contacts perspective workers for interviews in under a week. Potential associates should check on application statuses within a few days of applying in order to keep up-to-date on the process.
Club Monaco Employee Benefits
Club Monaco offers the same work benefits as parent company Ralph Lauren. Associates may earn generous job benefits supporting personal health, work/life balance, and future savings. Company-paid personal health options associates may earn include extended healthcare, dental, and vision care benefits paid. The company also offers full coverage for short- and long-term disability and dependent life insurance.
- Financial benefits include differed profit sharing and 401(k) retirement savings plans.
- All employees enjoy generous merchandise discounts.
- Associates may utilize 50% off full-price merchandise and 30% off sales items.
Other Information about Club Monaco
To appeal to young adults, Club Monaco offers a 20% discount to college students. The discount applies to full-price and sale merchandise sold online or in store. To start earning online discounts, students need to enter school email addresses through the company website site and wait to receive discount codes via email. To earn the discount in store, a student can show a valid school ID at the time of purchase.