Offering entry-level hotel jobs as well as professional careers in hospitality management, Comfort Inn consistently provides a wide range of employment opportunities requiring different sets of skills and various amounts of previous work experience. The popular hotel chain hires new employees regularly to meet the staffing requirements of more than 2,000 properties worldwide.
Facts About Working at Comfort Inn
Minimum Age to Work at Comfort Inn: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Comfort Inn?)
Comfort Inn Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at Comfort Inn: Guest Services Associate, Housekeeper, Laundry Attendant, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Supervisor, Night Auditor, Administrative Assistant, Project Manager, Business Analyst, Human Resources Manager, Support Supervisor, Customer Relations Specialist, Bilingual Customer Relations Specialist, Technical Analyst, Payroll Supervisor, Legal Specialist, Inside Sales Specialist
Comfort Inn Interview Videos
Comfort Inn Job Opportunities
Like other major hotel chains, Comfort Inn attracts guests by offering quality customer service and several standard amenities at each location. The number of amenities and services offered frequently affects the availability of jobs, as each hotel operating within the chain must hire enough workers to ensure fulfillment of all guest needs. Entry-level job seekers with limited prior experience in the hotel industry often qualify to work as front desk agents, housekeepers, or laundry attendants. Some locations even conduct hiring for dedicated breakfast attendants and onsite maintenance workers.
In addition to hiring entry-level applicants, Comfort Inn hires experienced hotel workers to serve as supervisors and managers. The hotel chain needs talented associates with extensive knowledge of the hospitality industry to supervise less experienced employees and handle the business-related aspects of managing a modern inn. At smaller hotels, the franchise owner sometimes doubles as the general manager, while larger properties in prime tourist areas often hire entire management teams to oversee the various areas of hotel operations. Managerial applicants need to know how to go about exceeding customer expectations, identifying and hiring effective workers, and handling the finances of a successful business.
Comfort Inn Positions and Salary Information
Comfort Inn offers part-time employment as well as full-time careers. The hotel chain needs employees to staff the various shifts consisting of a typical workday and often favors candidates with the schedule flexibility to work overnight hours. Job seekers at or above the age of 18 may fill out an application form for positions such as:
Front Desk Agent
- Front desk agents work in the hotel lobby and interact with guests constantly.
- The entry-level job involves performing check-in and check-out procedures for each guest, taking and processing reservations, and dispensing information about the hotel and surrounding areas.
- Front desk agents also answer telephones and respond to the special requests of customers.
- Candidates applying for front desk jobs should maintain clean and professional appearances to go with engaging personalities and natural willingness to serve hotel guests.
- Front desk agents enjoy hourly pay rates typically hovering between $8.00 and $10.00.
- Housekeepers make sure every room in the hotel meets industry standards of cleanliness and sanitation each day.
- Job duties range from cleaning furniture and vacuuming carpets to washing bed sheets and scrubbing bathroom floors.
- Housekeepers also keep hotel rooms stocked with toiletries, clean towels, and other necessary supplies.
- The position requires the ability to move on foot and perform physical activity for the majority of work shifts.
- Housekeeper jobs generally pay between minimum wage and $9.00 per hour.
- Typically made up of various supervisors and managers, the hotel management team oversees and carries out the tasks necessary to achieve success from a business standpoint.
- Managerial responsibilities include driving reservations and maximizing occupancy rates, using sales data and expense reports to identify areas of improvement, creating and sticking to budgets, and hiring associates passionate about guest services.
- Managers also create weekly work schedules for all hotel employees, train and evaluate less experienced workers, order supplies and furnishings as needed, and work to resolve major customer concerns.
- Applicants generally earn hiring consideration for management experience by possessing an established history of employment in the hospitality industry.
- Each supervisor and manager earns an annual salary ranging from about $35,000 to $70,000, depending on job title.
Tips For Applying
Candidates pursuing hotel jobs with Comfort Inn must contact an area location about the application process, as the hotel chain only lists corporate career opportunities online. Prospective associates should dress up in professional attire if the application process requires job seekers to visit a local franchise in person. Applicants should also bring information regarding past employment, academic backgrounds, references, and any other details normally furnished on a job application. When indicating hours available for work each day, candidates should keep in mind hotels often hire employees with schedules conducive to working irregular shifts, as front desk agent jobs need to remain staffed around the clock.
Applicants should try to submit the completed forms directly to management to facilitate the opportunity for personal introductions and inquire about the rest of the hiring process. Based on the information received, job seekers can decide whether to make follow-up contact or not. Candidates should follow up with Comfort Inn only if management fails to review and respond to the submitted application within a specified or reasonable amount of time. Hotels with current job vacancies typically contact qualified applicants within a few weeks of receiving all the necessary materials.
Benefits of Working at Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn offers flexible hours and opportunities to work either part-time or full-time. Part-time employees earn competitive hourly pay rates, while full-time hotel managers take advantage of generous salary packages. Eligible associates also enjoy employment benefits like:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Life insurance
- Medical coverage
- Paid leave, and
- Discounted room rates.
The hotel chain makes adoption assistance, employee banking, and pet insurance, available to qualified workers, as well.
Additional Information on Comfort Inn
As part of the Choice Hotels family of lodging chains, Comfort Inn operates alongside several other well-known brands in the hospitality industry. Together, the sister brands represent one of the largest hotel companies in the world and oversee more than 6,300 properties totaling roughly 500,000 rooms. For the comfort and convenience of guests, each hotel in the chain offers a free hot breakfast buffet and complimentary high-speed Internet access. The parent company dates back to 1939 and operated the first hotel chain in the United States.