Part of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, Country Inn & Suites operates nearly 500 locations in both suburban and urban areas across the U.S. As part of such a large conglomerate of hotel chains, the company offers extensive opportunities for workers to find employ in the hospitality industry.
Facts About Working at Country Inn And Suites
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Country Inn And Suites?)
Available Positions: Guest Services Associate, Sales Representative, Night Clerk, Housekeeper, Maintenance Technician, Laundry Attendant, Breakfast Attendant, Cocktail Server, Cook, Banquet Server, Steward, Turndown Attendant, Catering Director, Administrative Assistant, Food and Beverage Manager, Front Desk Supervisor, Manager in Training, Manager On Duty, HR Intern, Legal Secretary, Project Manager
Country Inn & Suites Job Opportunities
The hotel industry continues to grow, which allows for workers seeking entry-level positions and career-aspiring professionals opportunities at every turn. An upper-midscale brand by definition, Country Inn & Suites provides caring experiences delivered with the resemblance of home. Work in the hospitality field requires individuals consistently able to meet the needs and demands of guests. Positive attitudes, desires to serve, and strong communication skills regularly warrant hiring consideration with the chain.
Available positions range from entry-level work in housekeeping, guest services, restaurant help, and maintenance. Hourly employees may work either full-time or part-time schedules and generally focus on the day-to-day operations of each location. Country Inn & Suites also necessitates strong management and leadership and regularly hires supervisors to lead each area of hotel operations. Entry-level employees enjoy opportunities for advancement into managerial roles with regularity, while all associates gain access to generous wage and salary packages in addition to work benefits.
Country Inn & Suites Positions and Salary Information
The popular hotel chain offers paid training and regularly hires for most entry-level positions with little insistence on previous hospitality experience. Managerial candidates typically face a longer hiring process and must conform to stricter guidelines concerning educational and experience backgrounds. Applicants must stand at least 18 years of age in order to apply for the following positions:
- A housekeeper may work various shifts, including overnight and weekends, which makes scheduling flexibility a must.
- Responsible for keeping public and back-of-house areas clean, neat, and organized, a housekeeper must also attend to individual rooms and suites.
- Duties include cleaning lobbies and public restrooms, emptying and removing trash, maintaining stock on housekeeping carts and linen closets, delivering newspapers and express checkout folios, and ensuring rooms remain ready for new guests.
- Previous professional cleaning experience may provide preferential hiring treatment.
- Housekeepers typically earn between $11.00 and $12.00 hourly.
Guest Services Representative
- A guest services representative actively works as the customer service face of each hotel location.
- Responsible for receiving and processing incoming and departing guests, employees must also keep current on hotel accommodations, services, and area attractions, handle guest complaints, comments, and observations, and work with other departments to ensure overall positive guest experiences.
- Other duties include making reservations, processing customer payments, and answering incoming phone calls.
- The hotel chain seeks individuals able to regularly multitask, communicate and listen well, display commitment to excellence, and work well in team environments.
- A guest services representative makes around $10.00 an hour upon hire, with opportunities for advancement into leadership roles with tenure and experience.
- Bell attendant jobs focus on guest satisfaction through a multitude of duties designed to give patrons excellent first impressions.
- A bell attendant typically opens doors for guests upon arrival and departure, assists travelers with luggage at both check-in and checkout, valets cars and operates shuttles when necessary, and loads and unloads luggage directly from arriving vehicles.
- Employees may also indicate local attractions through study and knowledge of surrounding areas, while remaining able to promote hotel services and any additional accommodations guests may seek out.
- With the need to operate vehicles owned and insured by the hotel chain, certain locations may require bell attendants to stand at least 21 instead of the usual hiring age of 18.
- Employees in bell attendant roles receive hourly wages at or near $10.00.
Tips For Applying
Applicants interested in available positions may search for jobs on the corporate website job portal. After obtaining profiles by providing personal and contact information, candidates may apply for jobs matching experience levels and desire. Job submissions remain in applicant profile job carts for up to 30 days. Aspirants may upload both cover letters and resumes to the profile page, which allow for straightforward applying in the future. If possible, gather hiring materials beforehand and tailor resumes to reflect work and volunteer experience reflecting the hospitality industry.
Human resource personnel typically respond to hiring requests within one to two weeks of submission. Initial contact may come as form emails stating receipt of materials. Hiring managers may call applicants directly to set up initial interviews. The option always remains for persistent job seekers to contact hiring locations directly in order to display genuine interest in available positions. Potentials should dress accordingly and reach out to managers directly, if possible. On-the-spot interviews may occur in response to the initiative shown.
Benefits of Working at Country Inn & Suites
The hotel chain offers employees complete compensation packages reflecting work-life benefits, excellent pay standards, and exceptional training and scheduling. Associates gain access to medical benefits including:
- Dental and vision coverage in addition to elective life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability, and
- Domestic partner coverage.
401(k) retirement plans remain available for enrollment along with flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and even pet insurance. Employees enjoy vacation and holiday plans, purchased time off, and legal and adoption assistance, as well.
Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites participates in the parent company rewards program called Club Carlson. The rewards-based incentives program allows guests to access a collection of benefits, services, and privileges at any Carlson Rezidor hotel location. With different levels of membership, patrons earn points for hotel stays, food and beverage purchases, and partner membership buys. Travelers then use earned points for a multitude of purposes, including room upgrades, travel incentives, discounts on food and beverages, and other amenities to ensure the perfect stay.