Providing communication solutions for businesses and residential homes, Cox Communications offers cable, high-speed internet, and telephone services. Prospective employees regularly find entry-level positions as well as managerial careers.
Facts About Working at Cox Communications
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Cox Communications?)
Available Positions: Customer Care Representative, Customer Care Supervisor, Field Technician, Field Service Supervisor, General Sales Manager, Inbound Sales Representative, Retail Sales & Service Representative, Technical Support Representative, Business Development Consultant, Media Ctr Consultant, Production Support Specialist, Solutions Specialist, Account Executive, Accounting Specialist, Cable Installer, Lineman
Cox Communications Job Opportunities
Cox Communications provides services to over 6.2 million customers across the United States. Founded in 1962, the company ranks as a leading operator in the telecommunications industry and lists as a top company to work for. With the number of employees steadily growing over 22,000, new openings appear regularly. Most positions require full-time hours; however, part-time opportunities occasionally open in retail. Roles within the company range from customer care and sales to home service technicians and engineers. Paid education allows individuals to advance within the company and hold management and corporate-level careers.
Fueled by dynamic and diverse perspectives, the firm employs applicants reflecting communities served. Work environments nurture individuals into personal development by building on existing talents. Employees embody the voice of the Cox Communications brand and act as firsthand ambassadors. Individuals reach success through possessing professionalism, customer-focused attitudes, innovative ideas, and teamwork mentalities. An interest in technology and telecommunications holds true among current employees.
Cox Communications Employment and Salary Information
Most entry-level positions require candidates to hold high school diplomas or equivalents. Relevant work experience may replace educational requirements. Preferred applicants maintain one or more years of familiarity in related fields. General mathematical and computer skills prove useful in most positions. Employees must follow directions from management and communicate effectively. The company stresses the importance of respect and expects each worker to engage customers appropriately. The following job titles open regularly:
Retail Sales Associate
- Ideal sales associates meet customer needs by demonstrating products and accessory capabilities.
- An hourly wage of between $13.00 and $15.00 holds consistent for an individual meeting minimal qualifications.
- Given quick-paced environments, workers must multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Each member supports the team by satisfying individual and group sales quotas.
- Strong communication skills result in high performance and customer retention.
- Retail associates must demonstrate the ability to learn products and services offered in the industry.
- Occasionally, the job requires lifting between 25 pounds to 50 pounds and the ability to remain standing for long periods of time.
- Applicants with cash handling and previous billing experience possess an edge over competition.
Account Services Representative
- Representatives work in call center environments and deliver excellent customer service.
- Active listening skills remain essential due to the consistent amount of incoming calls.
- The job entails building customer loyalty by resolving issues in timely manners.
- Inbound questions and requests include account balances, service additions, payments, and account-related services.
- Prosperous workers enjoy pay rates of $12.00 to $14.00 an hour.
- The potential to earn commissions increases salary packages.
- Computer skills help workers navigate quickly through various computer programs and screens.
- Account representatives must also adapt to and thrive in the face of change.
Home Service Technician
- Individuals possessing drives to learn new technology often fill home service technician opportunities.
- Technicians build lasting customer relationships and interact one-on-one to deliver in-home services.
- Cox Communications expects employees to maintain professional attitudes at all times.
- Valued applicants solve problems quickly, provide inventive ideas, and work toward team goals.
- Workers may also drive company vehicles between visits and to the office.
- The position often involves installs, reconnects, troubleshoots, and educating clients.
- Previous installation experience may increase a $13.00 an hour salary up to $28.00.
Tips For Applying
Cox Career Network maintains a list of current openings based on field and location. An electronic resume filed through the network carries preference over any other methods of applying. Candidates search and add desirable positions into personal job baskets. Individuals then receive prompts to fill out application forms and provide additional information. Employment hopefuls should frequent the site for the latest openings. Resumes remain active on the network for six months and accessible for updating information. If significant changes become necessary, applicants should withdraw and resubmit the applications.
Online applications receive generate email notifications immediately after submission. Faxed, mailed, or hand-delivered resumes may not obtain acknowledgements. Due to the large number of application forms acquired for each position, only applicants with appropriate abilities move forward in the hiring process. The entire interview process generally takes between two and three weeks. If an applicant meets the minimal qualifications, a human resource representative reaches out to the job seeker by telephone. Hiring mangers perform a pre-employment background check and contact references. Job hopefuls often find success in writing thank-you emails or letters after phone or in-person interviews.
Benefits of Working for Cox Communications
Regular rewards sustain prosperous morale among the workforce. With over 150 free online courses, Cox University prepares individuals for successful futures within the company.
- Associates may also participate in employee assistance programs.
- Flexible healthcare coverage includes dental, vision, and medical insurance.
- Life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and care spending accounts remain available to dedicated workers.
- Employees enjoy personal time with paid time off and vacations, as well.
- A pension and 401(k) plan inspire future stability among workers.
- Cable, telephone, and internet service discounts also represent typical work benefits.
More Information on Cox Communications
Launched in 2007, Cox Conserves reduces the environmental impact of employees, customers, suppliers, and partners. By creating positive changes in operations, the company reduces waste and energy consumption. To save energy, locations implement advanced HVAC control systems, lightning, and boilers. Among the fleet, 90% of operating vehicles utilize hybrid systems and produce zero emissions. The installed GPS systems conserve over 1 million gallons of fuel each year. By partnering with American River and Ocean Conservancy, the communications company also saves 32 million gallons of water annually. Waste management includes customer accountability. Cox encourages users to go paperless with an electronic ordering system. In one quarter alone, the initiative saved more than 50,000 pieces of paper.