Cricket Wireless serves more than 4.5 million customers. The prepaid mobile company hosts a variety of jobs for individuals seeking both short-term employment and long-term careers. Applicants versed in sales and customer service may find meaningful options fork work with lucrative pay as well as opportunities for commission.
Facts About Working at Cricket Wireless
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Cricket Wireless?)
Available Positions: Retail Sales Representative, Sales Coordinator, Assistant Manager- Retail, Manager-Retail, Area General Manager, Area Marketing Director, Sales and Marketing Specialist, HR Specialist, Internal Auditor, Regional General Manager, Regional Financial Analyst, Marketing Field Manager, Accounting Manager, Administrative Assistant
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Cricket Wireless Job Opportunities
Most employees start out as Cricket Wireless sales personnel. The mobile services company takes customer service seriously and screens applicants for personality traits adept at working with the general public, effective sales skills, and catering to customer needs. Associates enjoy paid training, ongoing development and mentoring, and access to managerial and corporate careers. Working knowledge of phones and mobile services often aids potential employees with landing entry-level positions or moving into managerial roles with the prepaid mobile company.
The retail division of Cricket Wireless looks to hire dynamic individuals capable of keeping pace with customers and the wireless industry, in general. As a nationwide entity, applicants may access careers throughout the country. Some retail locations may require bilingual abilities, such as areas in the Southwest and in Florida with dense Spanish-speaking populations. The minimum hiring age for available jobs rests at 18.
Cricket Wireless Employment and Salary Information
Cricket Wireless focuses attention on hiring qualified, intelligent, and tech-savvy individuals able to provide outstanding customer service. In compensation, workers receive competitive pay and access to job benefits, including discounts on wireless services. Most retail stores hire for the following jobs:
Retail Sales Representative
Job Description and Duties
- Prepaid phone company Cricket Wireless manages a large workforce of full-time and part-time sales associates and representatives.
- Sales positions involve various retail and customer service functions. Workers promote and recommend prepaid phone plans, cellular phones, and other wireless plans and accessories.
- Cricket regularly hires novice job seekers for sales associate jobs.
- The entry-level position carries minimal hiring requirements, although working knowledge of cellular phones and wireless service providers may prove helpful in securing employment.
- Other basic requirements for prospective Cricket Wireless employees include excellent communication skills and the abilities to work in a fast-paced environment and commit to a flexible work schedule.
Salary and Compensation
- Sales associate workers with Cricket Wireless typically earn an hourly wage.
- Workers choose between part-time or full-time employment with the cell phone provider.
- Pay scales range from minimum wage to around $10.00 an hour.
- Workers may earn extra compensation through commission and performance bonuses.
- Full-time Cricket employees may also take advantage of several job benefits and perks.
Job Description and Duties
- A Cricket Wireless manager must possess sound knowledge of the communications industry prior to employment.
- Experience selling electronics and communication devices as well as previous managerial experience aid prospective workers during the Cricket Wireless hiring process.
- The nationwide retail company looks to hire individuals with engaging, outgoing, and helpful personalities.
- Cricket Wireless imposes a minimum age requirement of 18-years old in order to gain employment.
- Drug tests, background checks, and skills assessments may prove necessary, as well.
Salary and Compensation
- Most Cricket Wireless managers begin as sales associates earning between minimum wage and $9.00 per hour.
- Employees displaying motivated personalities often receive promotion into managerial roles.
- The average Cricket Wireless manager earns anywhere between $30,000 and $40,000 a year.
- Salary options typically increase with experience and time spent with the company.
- In some instances, Cricket Wireless offers commission rebates to both entry-level workers and career professionals.
- Managerial positions also provide work benefits, such as paid time off, healthcare insurance, and 401(k) retirement plans.
- Cricket Wireless regularly offers discounts on products and services, as well.
Tips For Applying
Applicants should research services provided by the prepaid wireless firm and any positions desired before submitting hiring materials. Knowing merchandise lines and services greatly benefits prospective employees going into the hiring process. Workers may access available jobs via the company website by clicking on the Careers tab at the bottom of the homepage. Individuals then create personal profiles, which allow applicants to login and complete hiring materials. Candidates able to provide detailed and current information on the hiring documents often satisfy recruitment needs and receive invitations to interview barring irrelevant experience or high-volume applicant fields.
Job seekers may check on the statuses of applications online, in person, or over the phone. All methods prove affective, as the wireless company generally sends confirmation emails to online applicants. Visiting store locations within a day or two of submitting the necessary forms usually produces similar results. Make sure to call or visit retail locations with managers in mind, as busy hours may prove undesirable to inquire about outstanding applications.
Benefits of Working at Cricket Wireless
As a division of AT&T, Cricket Wireless offers comprehensive work benefits packages. In addition to competitive pay scales, career growth potential, and supportive job settings, the prepaid wireless services company extends employment benefits packages to qualified employees. Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance plans stand readily available as part of work benefits packages. Eligible associates also enjoy:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Pension options
- Flexible spending accounts
- Adoption assistance, and
- Tuition assistance.
Further Information on Cricket Wireless
Cricket Wireless provides multiple avenues customers may use to pay bills. Subscribers may pay from mobile devices, the company website, by mail, or by phone. The online bill-pay forms take minutes to complete and ask verifiable information, like credit card credentials and phone numbers on accounts. By phone, subscribers simply text *729 and then follow the prompts to submit payments.