A fast food chain of more than 500 locations, popular, nationwide establishment Culver's provides thousands of opportunities to find meaningful employment. Workers aspiring to assume long-term or short-term careers in fast food should fill out an application form available online or in-store.
Facts About Working at Culver's
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Culver's?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Team Member, Crew Chief, Porter, Assistant Manager, General Manager
Culver’s Job Opportunities
The restaurant chain looks to fill entry-level positions in customer service and food preparation most often. Jobs also stand readily available in management and in the company corporate offices.
Applicants looking for Culver’s jobs must possess excellent communication skills. Most positions available involve interacting with customers. Each job vacancy customarily involves preparing foods, as well. Kitchen equipment most commonly encountered on the job includes fryers, grills, ovens, stovetops, microwaves, and toaster ovens. Employment hopefuls may need to possess basic familiarity working in kitchen environments to receive hiring consideration. Applicants without previous culinary or kitchen experience may still gain employment; however, hiring personnel may favor individuals able to instantly assume assigned responsibilities.
Although the restaurant chain sometimes hires more experienced workers, Culver’s represents an ideal franchise for building resumes or gaining real-life work experience. The regional restaurant provides flexible scheduling options and varied shifts allowing busy individuals, like high school or college students, to work and still maintain outside commitments. Industry professionals in search of careers may also find flexible options for work shifts in part-time and full-time supervisory or managerial roles. Contact a local restaurant for more information on the hiring process and to access job opportunities now.
Culver’s Positions and Salary Options
The minimum hiring requirements imposed by the fast food chain regularly limit job openings to individuals 16 and older. Applicants must also prove reliable and trustworthy workers. New-hire employees receive paid training, competitive base pay and salary options, and career development into excellent opportunities in management or corporate capacities, if desired. The most abundant fast food jobs available include:
- Crew member positions primarily put associates in charge of preparing meals and ringing up transactions.
- Most responsibilities involve working on foot for long periods of time, some bending and stooping, minor lifting, customer interaction, and use of general kitchen equipment.
- Crew member jobs also involve the use of computerized cash registers to process payments.
- Applicants must possess the ability to assume a variety of tasks and juggle multiple job duties throughout a given shift, or even at once.
- Friendly and motivated workers prove ideal as crew members.
- The job usually pays between minimum wage and $9.00 an hour.
- A unique opportunity available at Culver’s restaurants, the position of porter involves regular maintenance and sanitation duties.
- Workers spend a majority of each shift cleaning kitchens, dining rooms, and parking lot areas as well as making repairs as needed to facilities and restaurant grounds.
- Porters primarily work alone and perform manual labor.
- Individuals with DIY attitudes and knowledge generally stand greater chances of gaining employment than other candidates.
- Pay scales for porters begin at minimum wage and rise with experience.
- Job seekers with experience in the fast food industry and ready to assume more responsibility may take interest in shift manager or restaurant manager positions.
- Shift managers take on more supervisory roles with the restaurant chain, while full managers look after total operations and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Specific job duties for shift managers range from hiring and training new employees to setting work schedules and reporting sales and inventory to higher-ups.
- Managers analyze sales reports, order supplies, process payroll, and enforce company protocol.
- Both part-time and full-time shift opportunities exist for shift manager positions.
- Most Culver’s managers work full-time, though specific shifts may vary, as the chain needs supervisors to assume night and weekend schedules in addition to regular daytime slots.
- On average, shift managers earn $9.00 to $10.00 per hour.
- Restaurant managers start out at $30,000 a year and hold the potential for annual salary in excess of $40,000.
Tips For Applying
The combination fast food restaurant and ice cream shop hires employees using a simple process. Applicants submit hiring forms and await callbacks from managers. In order to improve odds of employment, candidates should provide as much detail as possible on the required documents. Use the applications to highlight any relevant experience in the fast food industry or customer service in general and print legibly to avoid having the requests thrown out or discarded. Candidates may also need to participate in face-to-face meetings with managers onsite at desired locations. Arrive well-groomed and in personable, outgoing spirits to demonstrate communication skills and positive attitudes.
Culver’s hiring personnel require one-on-one meetings with candidates to screen for desirable character traits and personal work ethics. The ice cream shop usually calls applicants back a day or two after receiving employment requests. However, workers may reach out to the popular chain prior to hearing back and initiate contact to establish rapports and check on application statuses. Candidates mostly follow up on applications via telephone, email, or in-person visits. Wait at least 24 hours for managers to process the forms to avoid becoming a nuisance. Prospective employees should also take into account the busy schedules of fast food managers, as reaching out too repeatedly or arriving in store unannounced may carry the same disruptive effects.
Benefits of Working at Culver’s
The fast food establishment pushes for employee growth. Upon hire, associates enjoy opportunities to develop personally and professionally. Paid training, complimentary uniforms, and lucrative pay scales serve as introductory job benefits made available to entry-level employees and full-time associates. Individuals who work full-time for the fast food franchise usually qualify for:
- Healthcare coverage
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Life insurance options and paid time off
Workers may also stand eligible for a company-sponsored scholarship program and a unique franchise mentoring program available to motivated entrepreneurs.
More Information on Culver’s
Unlike many modern fast food concepts, Culver’s offers highly diverse menus. In addition to burgers and fries, the restaurant chain remains notable for offering frozen treats, fried chicken, roast beef sandwiches, and seafood. Among the most popular menu items stand the North Atlantic Cod fillet sandwich and the signature line of ButterBurgers, which feature single, double, or triple-patty burgers on buttered and toasted buns, as well as ultra-thick milkshakes topped with chunks of delicious toppings, like Oreo or fresh fruit, known as Concrete Mixers.