Facts About Working at Cunard
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Cunard Cruise Line Application?)
Available Positions: Cook, Housekeeper, Casino Dealer, Bartender, Server, Host, Hostess, Dishwasher, Concierge, Front Desk Clerk, Fitness Instructor, Retail Associate, IT Support, Maintenance Worker, Officer, Steward, Entertainer
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Cunard Cruises Job Opportunities
Offering both part-time and full-time positions at sea or in corporate offices, the cruise liner must hire new and motivated workers to staff both cruise ships and professional branch offices worldwide. The cruise/travel industry provides job seekers unique, exciting, and exotic alternatives for employment. Jobs feature extended time off, competitive pay scales, comprehensive work benefits packages, and access to career advancement opportunities. Work stands readily available in a variety of viable career fields and offers both part-time and full-time job seekers accessible employment opportunities. Applicants must stand at least 18 years of age for employment consideration. Some Cunard jobs may require workers to stand at least 21 years old. Additional hiring requirements typically vary by position.
Applicants seeking entry-level travel industry jobs may take interest in hotel, housekeeping, and dining employment opportunities. Hotel job titles include front desk clerk, concierge, and maintenance worker. Front desk duties include checking guests in and out of rooms, taking reservations, and answering questions about hotel and cruise ship amenities. Concierge members assist guests with luggage and escorts travelers to rooms. Maintenance crews repair and install equipment on hotel grounds. Tasks charged to housekeeping include replacing linens and toiletries and cleaning guest rooms. Dining rooms offer employment as servers, bussers, dishwashers, cooks, chefs, hosts, and hostesses. The company additionally hires entertainers and stewards on a regular basis. Individuals with experienced backgrounds may apply for manager positions and other professional roles within corporate offices. Application submission remains easy with the online career portal.
The historic Cunard Cruise Line offers employees generous salary options for services rendered. Upon completing the hiring process, many entry-level associates receive starting pay at or above industry standards. Annual salary rates for career-minded professionals also stand at or above travel industry averages. In addition to base wages, the company also provides comprehensive employment benefits packages. Eligible associates receive healthcare coverage, paid time off, 401(k) retirement plans, and life insurance policies. Cunard Line jobs feature highly flexible schedules and enjoyable resting periods between cruises.
Cunard Cruises Positions and Salary Information
- Cunard Line housekeeping staff typically works long hours.
- An average work week for housekeeping staff may include more than 80 hours.
- Primary job duties include collecting dirty laundry, washing and replacing linens, cleaning guest rooms, and changing out toiletry items.
- Pay often begins at minimum wage and increases with experience and time spent with the company.
Front Desk Clerk
- Front desk clerks work flexible shifts with Cunard Line.
- Key responsibilities include checking guests in and out of rooms, taking reservations, and answering questions about hotel and cruise ship amenities.
- Front desk clerks earn starting pay of roughly $8.00 to $10.00 an hour, depending on experience.
- Advancement into managerial roles may lead to annual salary packages between $25,000 and $35,000 per year or more.
- Cooks typically make around minimum wage, while more experienced cooks earn $10.00 to $15.00 an hour depending on length of time in the industry and area of expertise.
- Cooks follow recipes to create fresh and delicious food for customers.
- Hygienic appearances and teamwork abilities as well as multitasking skills impress recruiters allowing for greater chances of hire.
Founded in 1841 and a member of White Star Line, Cunard Line operates a UK-based cruise line company headquartered in South Hampton, England, UK, and Santa Clarita, CA. Originally commissioned as a mail carrier, the company reorganized in 1879 to provide passenger freight services in order to spur revenues. Of the many famous ships to sail the popular vacation company includes Queen Elizabeth I, Queen Elizabeth II, and Queen Mary. Cruise industry giant Carnival Corporation purchased Cunard Line in 1998 and began manufacturing modern cruise ships, including an updated version of Queen Mary in Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria.
The travel industry leader stands as one of the oldest cruise ship companies in the world. Shipping destinations include areas in the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Caribbean, and other transatlantic and worldly destinations. As a member of Carnival Corporation & plc, Cunard Line operates alongside Princess Cruises, Costa Cruises, Seabourn Cruise Line, P&O Cruises Australia, P&O Cruises, Ibero Cruises, Holland America Line, AIDA Cruises, and Carnival Cruises. Together, Carnival Corporation & plc cruise lines generate more than $15 billion in annual revenues. U.S headquarters reside in Miami, FL, and UK headquarters sit in London, England, UK.