Make More Money!
Learn How to Become a Personal Trainer
Curves challenges busy women of all ages and sizes to get and stay in shape. As a growing company with an international presence spanning the United States, Australia, Spain, and the United Kingdom, , the fitness center provides a stable and expanding market for part-time and full-time jobs.
Facts About Working at Curves
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Curves?)
Available Positions: Front Desk Coordinator, Fitness Trainer, Curves Coach, Circuit Coach, Manager, Manager Trainee
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Curves Job Opportunities
Founded in 1992, Curves boasts over four million members, more than 500 company-owned locations, and thousands of franchised locations. Branches hire associates to fill a variety of positions, such as personal trainer, receptionist, and manager. General knowledge of the fitness industry or healthy eating habits may afford work seekers preference during the hiring process. Especially motivated individuals may find personally opening franchised locations stimulating career options.
Individuals seeking entry-level positions without previous experience find numerous job opportunities with Curves. Inexperienced yet career-minded individuals looking for ways to break into the job market may take on entry-level positions with competitive pay to start. The fitness center encourages employees to take advantage of online training seminars and modules to demonstrate seriousness for employment advancement. Preference for managerial and corporate positions goes to workers familiar with company policies and values.
Curves Positions and Salary Information
Generally, the fitness center attracts women job prospects, as a major component of the business hinges on creating safe and comfortable spaces for females to exercise. Additionally, work restrictions dictate applicants must stand at least 18 years of age to receive consideration. Accessible entry-level work available with the company includes positions like:
Health and Wellness Consultant
- Working directly with clients to ensure results and satisfaction, health and wellness consultants cultivate positive overall experiences for Curves members.
- Necessary qualifications include the possession of a high school diploma or the equivalent, basic computer skills, and exemplary people skills.
- Additionally, some college credit and previous sales experience may earn candidates preference for health and wellness consultant jobs.
- Work in consultant positions garners average hourly wages of $10.00.
- Regular duties include identifying the challenges each client must overcome, creating reachable dietary and exercise goals accordingly, providing motivation and encouragement, contributing to new membership goals and sales margins, and maintaining knowledge of nutrition and healthy living techniques.
Customer Service Coordinator
- Also functioning as receptionists, workers filling customer service coordinator positions must possess multitasking abilities and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Interested candidates should also retain exceptional communications skills, the ability to perform simple math, understanding of various computer programs, and flexible schedules.
- Essential functions of customer service coordinators include greeting all clients, managing all customer inquiries and phone calls, maintaining the overall cleanliness of reception areas, handling inventory and client orders, and performing an array of administrative tasks like banking, data entry, filing, and mailing.
- Associates filling customer service positions earn salary packages between $24,000 and $28,000 per year.
Tips For Applying
The careers page on the company website links to a job-hosting portal. Interested candidates may browse open positions without creating profiles; however, submitting applications requires individuals to sign up for the portal. After creating profiles, work seekers enter pertinent information about past employers, education experience, and personal references as well as upload resumes. Checking information for errors ensures candidates appear as professional and desirable to hiring personnel as possible.
Checking up on application status through phone calls and store visits ensure applicants receive a definitive answer about job openings. Furthermore, reviewing the standing of applications may increase the chances of hiring personnel recognizing the names of individual candidates. Applicants should remember to keep communications polite and professional. Minding busy store hours shows responsibility and consideration.
Benefits of Working at Curves
As a comparatively small and privately owned company, Curves offers full-time and part-time employees as many job benefits as possible. Worker benefits packages include:
- Healthcare coverage
- Which encompasses dental
- Long-term disability and flexible spending accounts
Life insurance, 401(k) plans, and paid time off also remain available to qualifying employees.
More Information on Curves
To supplement the exercise regimens of members, Curves offers several products through the company store. The three main sections of the store, apparel, nutrition, and tools, feature moderately priced items accessible online and in gyms. Bars, shake powders, lunch boxes, pedometers, kitchen scales, and portable blenders feature as some of the more popular items available for purchase.
Jade O says:
I am a Qualified Curves Circuit Coach and love love love working for Curves! I have worked in Seymour and Rowville, VIC Australia.I am currently seeking employment at a nearby Curves. I have completed my Certificate III in Gym Instruction through Australian Institute of Fitness and will have obtained my Cert IV by March 2013. I am so very excited! Fingers crossed i will find a position soon!
Amy Gilbert says:
I have just recently retired at the age of 54. I have worked in the academic and corporate world in positions related to food science and technology for 30 plus years as a professor, research scientist, and consultant. I was a member of curves in Springdale, Arkansas for several years during which time I lost almost 60 pounds. Through a lot of hard work and lifestyle changes I have kept the weight off for about 6 years. Thru this weight loss journey I have learned many things and combined with my college training in food science and technology believe I could help other women in their weight loss journey because that is where my passion lies. If I could be of any help to a local curves, on – line or elsewhere I would be happy to help all I can. I’m not looking for a paid position but just a chance to help women, no hidden agenda and I’m not trying to sell or promote anything. I’m just very young still and want to help other women much in the same way curves leaders helped and encouraged me. Thanks!