CVS is one of the largest pharmacy retailers in the United States. The chain sells both over-the-counter and prescription drugs. Other products include cosmetics, greeting cards, and other general merchandise.
Facts About Working at CVS
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at CVS?)
Available Positions: Cashier, customer service, district manager, manager, pharmacy technician, sales associate
How to Apply Online
Step 1: Go to https://jobs.cvshealth.com/ and enter your location and the job openings that you seek into the search bar.
Step 2: After pressing the Search button you will see a number of job listings to choose from.
Use the filters to help narrow down the kind of position you want such as hybrid, remote, full time or part time etc.
Step 3: Select a position, and then you will be taken to the job description page.
Step 4: Review the position, then click “Apply” if the job suits you.
Step 5: From there, you will be taken to another website where you will have to sign up and complete a profile for the application. This process will a bit longer, but from here your application will be submitted. Be sure to check your email for confirmation and follow up from CVS.
CVS Positions and Pay Scales
The pharmacy chain usually requests workers have high school diplomas or GEDs. The company may also require driver’s licenses and background checks. CVS routinely needs workers for the following roles:
- Hourly pay begins around $9.00.
- Workers answer questions about medications and must pass a thorough training program before they can work with prescriptions.
- Techs must follow federal regulations and be discreet with patient information. Take a look at the CVS pharmacy technician job description.
Cashier / Sales Associate
- Associates run cash registers, help stock shelves, and keep clean workspaces.
- Workers must interact with customers on a daily basis and should work well in a team atmosphere.
- CVS sales associate salaries start around minimum wage, while some prior experience can increase starting pay. Read the CVS cashier job description to learn more about the position.
- Managers supervise employees as well as file paperwork, hand out tasks, and talk with customers.
- Other responsibilities include working with vendors and communicating with district management.
- Employees in manager roles typically need additional experience and schooling to qualify. Yearly salaries for CVS managers can start between $30,000-$50,000. Read the CVS manager job description for more useful information.
What is Like to Work There?
Listen to former employees discuss working at CVS Pharmacy:
View more videos like this on the CVS interview page.
CVS workers take care of customers and ensure the best shopping experiences. Employees must be friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. In addition to customer service, team members must keep stores clean and organized.
No Experience Necessary
Previous retail experience can help applicants during the hiring process, but isn’t always necessary. New employees can expect paid training and are hired on after a short probation period. Part-time, full-time, and seasonal positions are available with CVS. New workers often take weekend, evening, and holiday shifts.
Opportunities to Advance
Staff members may earn promotion and seniority over time, which helps with scheduling and other privileges. Positions like shift supervisor and assistant manager come with pay raises, added benefits, and even more responsibilities.
Tips For Applying
Applicants must apply online or in person. To make a good first impression, job hopefuls should wear nice clothing when handing in applications. Be ready for an on-the-spot interview by preparing questions about the job. Remember to be polite, and show genuine interest in working for CVS.
To follow up, candidates should call, email, or speak with managers in person. Hiring staff often overlook candidates who fail to contact them. If applying online, check profiles to receive updates on current hiring statuses. The application process usually takes a couple weeks to as long as a month.
Benefits of Working at CVS
Job benefits for full-time CVS employees include healthcare, dental, and vision coverage as well as free health screenings and immunizations. Workers may also have access to:
- 401 (k) retirement plans
- Paid time off, and
- Stock purchase programs.
Some employees even receive performance-based bonuses.