CVS is one of the largest pharmacy retailers in the United States. The chain sells both over-the-counter and prescription drugs. Other products include cosmetics, greeting cards, and other general merchandise.
Facts About Working at CVS
Minimum Age to Work at CVS: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at CVS?)
CVS Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at CVS: Cashier, customer service, district manager, manager, pharmacy technician, sales associate
CVS Employee Interview VideosListen to former employees discuss working at CVS Pharmacy:
CVS Job OpportunitiesCustomers First
CVS workers take care of customers and ensure the best shopping experiences. Employees must be friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. In addition to customer service, team members must keep stores clean and organized.No Experience Necessary
Previous retail experience can help applicants during the hiring process, but isn’t always necessary. New employees can expect paid training and are hired on after a short probation period. Part-time, full-time, and seasonal positions are available with CVS. New workers often take weekend, evening, and holiday shifts.Opportunities to Advance
Staff members may earn promotion and seniority over time, which helps with scheduling and other privileges. Positions like shift supervisor and assistant manager come with pay raises, added benefits, and even more responsibilities.
CVS Positions and Pay ScalesThe pharmacy chain usually requests workers have high school diplomas or GEDs. The company may also require driver’s licenses and background checks. CVS routinely needs workers for the following roles:
Cashier / Sales Associate
- Associates run cash registers, help stock shelves, and keep clean workspaces.
- Workers must interact with customers on a daily basis and should work well in a team atmosphere.
- CVS sales associate salaries start around minimum wage, while some prior experience can increase starting pay. Read the CVS cashier job description to learn more about the position.
- Hourly pay begins around $9.00.
- Workers answer questions about medications and must pass a thorough training program before they can work with prescriptions.
- Techs must follow federal regulations and be discreet with patient information. Take a look at the CVS pharmacy technician job description.
- Managers supervise employees as well as file paperwork, hand out tasks, and talk with customers.
- Other responsibilities include working with vendors and communicating with district management.
- Employees in manager roles typically need additional experience and schooling to qualify. Yearly salaries for CVS managers can start between $30,000-$50,000. Read the CVS manager job description for more useful information.