As the largest retailer in the country specializing in bridal gowns, prom dresses, and other formal wear, David's Bridal continues to grow with new locations opening across the U.S. regularly. With over 300 stores in nearly every state, aspirants may find various readily available job opportunities.
Facts About Working at David's Bridal
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at David's Bridal?)
Available Positions: Sales Consultant, Bridal Consultant, Stock Receiver, Customer Service Representative, Alterations Associate, Seamstress, Presser, Service Supervisor, Professional Sales Associate, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Alterations Manager, Event Coordinator, Multi-Unit Manager
David’s Bridal Job Opportunities
Founded in 1950 as a small boutique in Fort Lauderdale, FL, the retailer offers a wide-assortment of products and fashions for weddings, special occasions, balls, and receptions. With locations across the country and a strong online presence, the chain must hire new workers in distinct roles in order to better serve customers. Most entry-level applicants may find employment as customer service representatives, while more experienced job seekers may seek work as alterations specialists or sales stylists.
With such specialized clientele and distinct product lines, David’s Bridal requires applicants to possess relatively specific hiring attributes. The retail chain seeks associates who enjoy assisting others in planning weddings and other special events. An understanding of current fashion trends and designs proves beneficial to applicants, as well as a desire to continue learning about new styles. The company continually seeks to hire individuals which meet company values, such as trust, fairness, accountability, and integrity.
David’s Bridal Positions and Salary Information
Potential David’s Bridal employees must stand at least 18 years of age in order to apply. Holding a high school diploma or equivalent certification also stands required. For certain positions, previous experience in retail environments proves beneficial, though not necessarily compulsory. Energetic, creative, and passionate individuals typically find the following positions most accessible upon application:
Alterations Customer Service Representative
- A specialized position responsible for providing detailed information to customers about alteration services, alterations associates must possess general knowledge of tailoring and design.
- Prior sewing experience and an understanding of how alterations work may prove beneficial, though the company readily and willingly trains associates in order to achieve such knowledge.
- An alterations customer service representative should display an affinity for working in a team environment, the ability to prioritize, and manual dexterity to perform multiple tasks throughout the course of each day.
- The typical hourly wage for an alterations customer service representative falls between $11.00 and $12.00.
Customer Service Representative
- Typically a part-time position earning around $9.00 an hour, a customer service representative for the bridal and specialty retailer interacts with customers on a daily basis.
- Employees must provide patrons with information about products and services and respond promptly and politely to inquiries.
- Effective communication skills, an affinity for the fashion industry, working knowledge of current trends and styles, and strong interpersonal skills typically benefit applicants interested in customer service representative positions.
- Employees must show the ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, twist, and stand repeatedly throughout a typical shift.
Wedding Sales Stylist
- As stylists, employees become experts on various bridal assortments, foundations, shoes, handbags, and other accessories.
- The retailer seeks associates demonstrating cheerful, genial personalities with focus on outstanding communication skills.
- Applicants with experience in high-volume, fast-paced sales environments typically earn hiring preference.
- In addition, stylists must understand maximizing sales while not infringing on customer satisfaction, prepare for each individual appointment and consultation accordingly, and fully know company merchandise.
- A wedding sales stylist generally earns an hourly wage around $10.00, with the possibility of earning more based on commissions.
Tips For Applying
Aspirants desiring to join the David’s Bridal team must fill out an online application and take a pre-employment assessment. After searching through available positions, candidates must fill out application forms. Workers may also upload resumes and cover letters before submission. In order to help stand out from other applicants, each job seeker should tailor hiring materials to the job applied for and highlight related experience, if possible. Created profiles remain active on the company website and help ensure future applications, if necessary.
Applicants receive confirmation of completing pre-application screenings and enrollment in the company job portal. Check back frequently in order to establish available positions and find out current hiring statuses. Typically, hiring managers contact candidates matching company needs within two to three weeks of applying. For candidates wishing to show genuine interest in the position applied for, visiting stores of hire may prove beneficial, as well. Ask to speak to a hiring manager directly and respectfully state desire to work for the company, including indicating when the necessary information reached hiring personnel hands.
Benefits of Working at David’s Bridal
The specialty retailer offers healthcare options to both full-time and part-time employees. In addition, the company offers:
- Paid trainings
- A generous worker discount
- Flexible scheduling, and opportunities for advancement
Eligible associates may gain access to paid time off, holiday pay, and vacation time, as well. Full-time employees may also enjoy enrollment in company-wide 401(k) retirement plans.
Extra Information about David’s Bridal
Upon purchase of a wedding gown, customers may enroll in a rewards program designed to help with future savings. Patrons may receive up to $1,000 in savings in addition to various sales and savings directly over the course of the year. The company also offers additional savings on photography, linens, travel, and limos through various partnerships. Partnerships include Men’s Wearhouse, Helzberg Diamonds, Shutterfly, FTD, and Paradise Resorts.