A leader in dialysis services, DaVita, which means "giving life" in Italian, provides treatments for patients with chronic kidney failure and end-stage renal disease. The company searches for caring, gentle workers with passions for helping people live more comfortably to fill diverse job openings.
Facts About Working at DaVita
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at DaVita?)
Available Positions: Administrative Assistant, Patient Care Technician, Dietitian, Licensed Vocational Nurse, Clinical Service Specialist, Registered Nurse, Care Manager, Clinic Manager (Facility Administrator), Social Worker, Biomedical Technician, Laboratory Service Specialist, Medical Technologist, Technical Help Desk Analyst, Accountant, Corporate Training and Education Manager, Human Resources Representative, Manager, Medical Billing/Collections and Insurance Associate, Customer Support Representative, Information Technology Specialist, Marketing and Sales Associate
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
DaVita Job Opportunities
DaVita cares for approximately 176,000 patients annually. Headquartered in Denver, CO, the healthcare provider employs caregivers in over 2,210 outpatient centers around the United States and nearly 100 centers in 10 countries abroad. Job seekers looking to join the rich company history consistently come across openings for part-time and full-time work opportunities. While higher education stands required for many openings, candidates with little-to-no previous employment experience still qualify for entry-level jobs as the company provides many opportunities for career growth and exposes new hires to extensive training programs.
The major healthcare provider DaVita employs over 50,000 individuals around the world. Workers interested in becoming company associates may earn preference during the hiring process by demonstrating familiarity with the company history and care values. The healthcare firm favors employees who provide excellent service, act with integrity, work well in teams, strive for continuous improvement, take accountability for actions, find fulfillment in job duties, and remain positive despite the heavy nature of most available work opportunities.
DaVita Positions and Salary Information
As work with the company often proves delicate and requires advanced scientific and mathematic knowledge, hiring personnel tend to favor job seekers with Bachelor’s degrees or extensive experience in healthcare or customer service industries. Hopefuls with little-to-no prior employment may find success applying for the following entry-level job titles:
Clinical Administrative Assistant
- A full-time engagement, clinical administrative assistants earn salary packages between $35,000 and $55,000 per year depending on seniority, demonstrated skills, and past experience.
- Computer skills, including average 60 words-per-minute typing speeds, and high school diplomas stand required to fill administrative assistant job opportunities.
- Daily work includes efficient completion of change requisitions, filling out treatment logs, updating patient charts, and attending to and filing invoices and purchase orders.
- Additionally, associates filling clinical administrative assistant positions may help with the transportation of patients and arrangement of physician appointments.
- Inventory technicians stand responsible for the supplies and medication nurses and physicians need to care for patients.
- As individuals filling the position must properly store inventory, familiarity with OSHA regulations may earn candidates preference during the application process.
- Typical duties include maintaining inventory records efficiently and accurately, ordering new supplies when necessary, performing daily counts of supplies, communicating updates to management, staff, and vendors, and sustaining the cleanliness of stock rooms for quick and easy access to supplies.
- Qualified candidates possess close attention to detail and comfortability interacting with patients and other team members.
- Inventory technicians garner average hourly wages between $13.00 and $14.00.
Patient Relations Liaison
- While higher education remains preferred, candidates holding high school diplomas or equivalents qualify for patient relations liaison jobs.
- Additionally, honed customer service skills, familiarity with medical insurance policies and laws, basic computer skills, and valid driver’s licenses gain candidates hiring consideration.
- Patient relations liaisons connect with recipients of dialysis to answer any questions and provide information about the process.
- Associates also communicate with physicians, hospitals, clinics, and insurance providers to ensure patients enjoy the most pleasant treatments possible.
- Patient relations liaisons earn pay rates between $10.00 and $11.00 an hour to start.
Tips For Applying
In order to submit applications for job openings, work seekers must create profiles with the company career portal. Candidates may upload resumes to expedite the application process or input past employment experiences, education histories, and answer questions about personalities manually. Additionally, interested individuals must respond to questionnaires related to desired positions. Always review application materials before submitting to catch mistakes and inaccuracies.
Depending on the position, DaVita may take two weeks to two months before responding to submitted applications. During the lapse in communication, job seekers may revisit the career portal to check for status updates. Candidates also maintain the option of calling, emailing, or performing in-person visits to centers. Individuals should call or conduct visits during traditionally slow business hours to remain both polite and professional.
Benefits of Working at DaVita
Both full-time and part-time employees enjoy access to job benefits. To inspire career growth, DaVita offers tuition reimbursement, scholarship programs, new graduate assistance, and reimbursement of certification expenses. Additionally, work benefits packages include:
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid time off
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance programs
- 401(k) retirement plans, and
- Stock purchase plans.
More Information on DaVita
Endowed in the name of mentor and prominent businessman Willard W. Brittain, Jr., the Woody Brittain scholarship benefits POC students completing the last year of high school. Awarded to individuals interested in the science, technology, and healthcare industries, the $7,500 scholarship remains eligible for three years of renewal to aid students during each year of undergraduate study. Announcement of winners occurs in the spring of each year.
I applied for employment and was told that I didn’t have enough experience. While at the same time, the post states that they will train. How is it possible for a person to gain experience if they are not given a fair opportunity. Even with proper training and schooling there is still no experience. I personally felt like I was being treated unfair and that there was false advertisement in the job ad. I am just a woman looking for a opportunity and fair chance.
Donna Daniels says:
I worked for Davita in Malvern, Arkansas for a little over a year as a registered nurse. I loved my job. My decision to leave was due to an offer as a nursing supervisor in a Nephrology office working 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday thru Friday. I still got to see many of my patients and continue my Nephrology skills and education. I am currently still employed with the Nephrology company in their out patient facility repairing dialysis accesses. As far as working for Davita the Company I have only excellent things to say, they treat their employees with the highest respect and very generous benefits. I would love to return to working as a prn nurse or every Friday and Saturday in nearby clinics. I didn’t see on the website where I could apply for prn.