Days Inn, an international, privately-held subsidiary of the Wyndham Hotel Group, operates over 1,600 locations in the United States alone. The hotel chain provides thousands of job opportunities for employees seeking entry-level work in the hospitality industry. Career-minded individuals may pursue opportunities in hotel management, as well.
Facts About Working at Days Inn
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Days Inn?)
Available Positions: Casual Room Attendant, Casual Housekeeping Team Leader, Food & Beverage Assistant, Guest Services Associate, Activities Associate, Housekeeper/Houseperson, Lifeguard, Maintenance Technician I, Guest Service Lead, Common Area Attendant, Guest Services Associate, Housekeeping Dispatch, Maintenance Manager, Guest Services Supervisor, Resort Manager, Guest Service Agent, Inbound Reservations & Customer Services Consultant, Sales Manager, Director - Human Resources, Desktop Support, Reservation Sales Agent, Assistant Guest Services Manager, Food & Beverage Supervisor, Room Attendant, Head Chef, Gift Shop Supervisor, Pool Attendant, Shuttle Driver, Gift Shop Associate, Laundry Supervisor, Laundry Associate, Housekeeping Supervisor, Common Area Cleaner
Days Inn Job Opportunities
The large hotel chain requires a vast array of staff working in unison to keep all facilities running smoothly. Entry-level associates may fill various roles, such as guest services, housekeeping, and restaurant-oriented tasks. With hotel hours frequently utilizing overnight shifts, workers may need to show flexibility in scheduling. Employees should consistently demonstrate positive manners, strong interpersonal skills, and genuine interest in the hospitality industry.
Diligent workers with an interest in a career in the hotel industry should pursue management positions with Days Inn. While most entry-level positions require little to no previous experience, most supervisory roles must meet certain education and experience standards. Managerial roles typically range from department leads to higher-level functions, such as work in hotel general management. Successful candidates possess drive, determination, and excellent team-building skills.
Employment and Salary Information for Days Inn
Applicants must stand at least 18 years of age in order to apply for available positions with the private hotel chain. Both part-time and full-time opportunities exist for first-time candidates seeking employment in the hospitality field. Job seekers pursuing managerial roles typically face a more rigorous screening process than entry-level applicants. The following section lists the current available job options:
Guest Service Agent
- Employees working as guest service agents retain responsibility for greeting patrons, utilizing hospitality terminology, and ensuring guest stays remain exceptional.
- Main duties include answering guest inquiries regarding available transportation, entertainment options, and dining options both within the hotel and nearby.
- Other responsibilities include ensuring proper logging and delivery of all mail and packages to both guests and fellow crew members.
- Guest service agents tend to earn upwards of $10.00 an hour.
- Workers in housekeeping jobs maintain hotel cleanliness in guest corridors, common areas, and guest rooms.
- Housekeepers report maintenance issues when noted, collect all trash from assigned areas, and change room linens daily.
- Other responsibilities include vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, and replenishing towels and toiletries when needed.
- Housekeeping staff must remain attentive, helpful, and friendly when interacting with both guests and coworkers.
- Housekeepers typically earn minimum starting wage and may receive raises in income with advancement to lead housekeeper roles.
Front Desk Agent
- Front desk agents maintain warm and friendly demeanors at all times and effectively communicate with guests both verbally and written.
- These employees should maintain effective problem-solving techniques, including anticipating, preventing, and identifying potential customer services and operations issues.
- The ability to multitask and prioritize typically serves interested candidates well.
- Flexible scheduling to match hotel hours remains a necessity for the position.
- Earning capacity leans toward as much as $11.00 per hour, though pay scales usually start around $9.00 in hourly wages.
- Hotel manager jobs range from department leads to general managers.
- Department leads report directly to assistant and general managers daily in each division of the hotel.
- The main responsibility of department leads involves supervising subordinate employees and ensuring guest satisfaction at all times.
- Assistant and general managers must possess prior hospitality industry experience and typically must also hold college degrees to qualify.
- Managers conduct weekly staff meetings, ensure department heads maintain proper budgets, and assist in creating exceptional team environments through effective coaching.
- Supervisory roles also serve to maintain corporate standards, goals, and expectations on a daily basis.
- Department leads generally make starting salaries commensurate with industry standards and perform duties similar to subordinate workers.
- Assistant general managers may earn annual salary options around $40,000 to $50,000, while general managers earn in excess of $80,000 a year.
Tips for Applying
Interested applicants may apply either online or by filling out paper applications at neighboring Days Inn locations. For candidates filling out paper application forms, completing the forms in person may increase odds of speaking directly with management prior to interviewing, which may further increase opportunity for hire, as management may remember job seekers who show genuine interest in available positions by matching names to faces. Submitting the forms online allows candidates to preview jobs and perform optimal research before making selections and submitting hiring documents.
Candidates typically hear back from hiring personnel within one to two weeks of submitting necessary hiring materials. Job seekers tendering incorrect information on application forms may find difficulty in receiving follow-up communication. Phone calls or follow-up emails serve as ideal methods of checking in with Days Inn hiring staff in order to request information about application status. Use responsible judgment when contacting management, as many supervisors retain additional responsibilities on any given day and calling too often may become a bother and provide an adverse response to hiring prospects.
Benefits of Working at Days Inn
Days Inn team members enjoy many job benefits once hired. Eligible workers may qualify for insurance options, such as medical, dental, and vision coverage. All employees typically receive paid training, uniform reimbursement, and discounted rates at any associated hotel in the country. Team members also earn retirement benefits, such as enrollment in company 401(k) retirement plans with company-match and employee stock options. Other employment benefits may include paid holidays, vacation time, and sick days.
More Information on Days Inn
Wyndham Worldwide, the parent company for Days Inn, operates a separate website called Women on Their Way, which bills as an online resource for female business and leisure travelers. The website allows female guests to book hotel stays, search for resort deals, and find weekly vacation rentals at all associated hotels and getaway locations. The website also boasts blogs, top ten vacation lists, and videos to help guests decide where and when the best travel options come to pass. Guests enrolled in the company rewards program may also utilize earned points to find best rates, as well.