Mexican-inspired fast food chain Del Taco mostly operates in Western states and in parts of the American Midwest. Locations frequently maintain 24-hour operations and employs dozens of associates in order to provide customers with excellent services. Job seekers in search of work with the nationwide fast food establishment often find employment in part-time, entry-level capacities. Applicants may also find meaningful work as managers and supervisors. Each individual storefront hosts opportunities featuring competitive pay, flexible hours, and access to career development programs, like paid training or corporate guidance.
Facts About Working at Del Taco
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Del Taco?)
Available Positions: Cook, Specialty Cook, Team Member, Customer Service Specialist, General Manager
Del Taco Job Opportunities
Along the U.S. West Coast, Del Taco stands as one of the most popular Mexican-American fast food chains. The prominent establishment entertains millions of customers annually through a network of more than 500 locations. The restaurant chain boasts bright, colorful decor themes and the signature sun logo. Employees serve foods fresh and made-to-order at customer request. Many locations feature drive-thru services in addition to dine-in amenities and carry-out options, which provide further opportunities for employment.
Individuals looking for work in the fast food industry need to work quickly, while maintaining levels of health and safety standards for handling food and cleaning work stations at all times. Del Taco locations place heavy emphasis on applicant abilities to keep kitchens, dining areas, restaurant facilities, and drive-thru areas clean and sanitary at all times. Most jobs available require applicants to multitask and regularly assume the responsibilities of other positions without provocation. Job hopefuls willing to learn and work as part of a team often receive bids for employment over other potential employees. Additional hiring requirement generally vary by franchise.
Del Taco Positions and Pay Scales
16 represents the minimum age applicants must stand in order to put in applications for Del Taco jobs. Workers in search of managerial roles often need to meet the minimum age of 18 and hold high school diplomas or certified equivalents. The most accessible fast food jobs available with the restaurant chain include entry-level opportunities in customer service. The following list provides detailed information on readily available positions:
- Del Taco restaurants frequently hire on new team members to serve foods and maintain cleanliness at each location.
- Primary job duties include operating cash registers and drive-thru windows, taking food and drink orders, preparing and packaging menu items, issuing change, and answering questions about services and policies.
- Team members primarily focus attentions on sanitation and overall speed in completing everyday tasks.
- Working conditions may include the use of kitchen equipment, such as ovens, fryers, toaster ovens, and microwaves, as well as freezer units and computerized ticket tellers.
- Responsibilities often require applicants to perform manual labor and work on foot for a majority of most shifts.
- Most team member jobs feature part-time hours and minimum wage pay upon hire.
- Motivated individuals may see hourly pay increases and more selective scheduling privileges with experience gained.
- Opportunities for supervisory work with the fast food chain break down into three categories: shift manager, shift leader, and team leader.
- The restaurant chain requires both shift managers and shift leaders to possess at least one year minimum of experience in the industry in order to gain employment.
- Team leaders typically need no real experience.
- Shift leaders primarily look after subordinate employees, with job duties ranging from scheduling and hiring to enforcing health and safety standards and interacting with customers.
- Shift leaders may also assume entry-level job duties to assist in daily functions and ensure tasks reach completion in orderly and timely fashions.
- Shift managers oversee all operations at each location and work to increase profits and customer bases.
- The position also bears the responsibility of ensuring compliance with corporate standards for service and sanitation.
- Team leaders act as a support level of management and work directly with entry-level employees.
- Each position provides opportunities for hourly, part-time work and full-time, long-term careers.
- Most team leaders earn just above minimum wage or roughly $7.00 to $8.00 an hour, at start.
- Shift managers and shift leaders hold the ability to earn upwards of $45,000 in annual salary.
Tips For Applying
Del Taco fast food restaurants require job hopefuls to submit applications to receive formal review, in most cases. Aspiring associates may also gain employment through employee referrals. Applicants find hiring requests online and fill out the forms to complete the process. The documents break down into six separate sections asking for employment histories, academic backgrounds, contact information, general details, and information regarding positions desired. Collect related materials and allot between 20 and 30 minutes to fill in the required data fields to avoid wasting unnecessary time.
Prospective team members run into varying time tables for employment consideration largely due to franchising. Depending on the number of positions for hire and applications on file, candidates may spend anywhere from a handful of days and up to a couple of weeks passing through the hiring process. The average employment seeker completes the process in about five days, with callbacks regarding application statuses occurring within 24 to 48 hours of submissions. Applicants may check back with the Tex-Mex restaurant via telephone to ask about subsequent steps in the hiring process, or simply pay visits to locations of choice and query managers directly.
Benefits of Working at Del Taco
Like most fast food chains, Del Taco provides flexible scheduling options to workers. Associates often begin in irregular shifts but eventually graduate into more regular, traditional hours. Fast food jobs available at the nationwide chain include complimentary uniforms, competitive pay, and discounted meals or free food. Eligible employees also receive:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off
- Healthcare insurance and life insurance
Job benefits typically vary by location.
Further Information on Del Taco
Patrons who frequent the fast food restaurant may sign up for online alerts and discounts through the Raving Fan eClub. The restaurant uses the rewards program to show appreciation for continued patronage and offers free food along with meal discounts and other offers through the Raving Fan program. Perks include two free tacos upon signing up and free birthday shakes. Customers may also access discounts and promotions through social media platforms like Facebook and Pinterest.