Delta Air Lines is one of the largest airline companies in the world. Founded in 1924, the brand runs over 5,000 flights each day and travels to about 50 countries.
Facts About Working at Delta Air Lines
Hiring Age: 21 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Delta Airlines?)
Available Positions: Administrative assistant, airport customer service agent, baggage handler, cargo agent, flight attendant, ticketing agent
Delta Air Lines Job Opportunities
Past experience in customer service gives candidates a distinct edge on their applications. However, not all roles require job-related knowledge. Careers at Delta Air Lines can begin with entry-level openings, often in airports.
Relocation and Flexibility
Most Delta jobs need employees to live close to one of eight hubs in major North American cities. The distance an applicant lives from the airport is an important factor in hiring. A flexible schedule and the ability to work holidays or weekends may be necessary too.
If chosen for inflight Delta Air Lines jobs, workers will complete an eight-week training course. Food and lodging are offered to employees at the event. During this time, new hires learn the job requirements and dress code.
Employment and Salary Information for Delta Air Lines
Applicants must be at least 21 years old and have a high school diploma to work for Delta. Jobs are mostly full-time, though part-time opportunities are available. The following are commonly open:
- Outgoing and friendly workers are perfect for this inflight Delta job.
- Flight attendants assist passengers, give safety instructions, and serve meals.
- This position has a yearly salary package of around $60k.
- Read the Delta Air Lines flight attendant job description to learn more.
Airport Customer Service Agent
- Prior experience working with the public helps in this role.
- These employees answer phones, sell tickets, and promote airline services.
- The average annual pay rate for customer service agents is $39k.
Tips for Applying
Hopefuls can apply online and fill out an application at the Delta career website. For entry-level jobs, include any personal achievements related to the work. Successful candidates often hear back from the hiring staff within weeks.
After submitting a Delta job application form, the next step is to set up an interview with a manager. Use the website to see where the company is in the review process. Hiring overall can take a few weeks to several months if a position requires relocation.
Benefits of Working at Delta Air Lines
Full-time workers receive a number of employment benefits, such as:
- Vision, dental, and medical insurance
- Competitive salary options
- Vacations and paid time off
- Free or discounted flights
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plans with company match
Part-time employees get some of the same job benefits, like healthcare coverage and travel discounts.
Additional Information about Delta Air Lines
Delta hosts charities each year to help children with educational needs. The airline attracts workers who share the company’s goals and giving nature. Those looking to make a difference in local communities should apply for a Delta Air Lines job.